BA to CX connection at CDG

Old Apr 28, 14, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ PPS, BA Gold, Hyatt Diamond
BA to CX connection at CDG

Am planning a BA to CX connection at CDG (T2A-T2A) (separate PNRs). Looking at a 120 min connection time. Won't have checked luggage.

I take it this will be a relatively straightforward process? Is there airside connection desk at CDG T2A or will I have to clear immigration and check-in outside? Or is it possible that BA can issue my BP in LHR?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 29, 14, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by milehighj View Post
Am planning a BA to CX connection at CDG (T2A-T2A) (separate PNRs). Looking at a 120 min connection time. Won't have checked luggage.

I take it this will be a relatively straightforward process? Is there airside connection desk at CDG T2A or will I have to clear immigration and check-in outside? Or is it possible that BA can issue my BP in LHR?

Thanks in advance.
You won't have to go through immigration, but you will have to pass through security again. With no queues it should take between 5 and 10 minutes. With queues or a strike...
Old Apr 29, 14, 12:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
BA cannot issue you with a BP for the CX flight especially with separate PNRs.
Old Apr 29, 14, 1:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KenJohn View Post
BA cannot issue you with a BP for the CX flight especially with separate PNRs.
But you can print your CX boarding pass online from 48 hours before departure.
Old Apr 29, 14, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Many thanks all.
Old Apr 29, 14, 4:57 am

Programs: OW Emerald (BA), UA*G, Marriott Plat, IC RA, Various others
The process is very simple at CDG, but you do have to walk a bit, if BA use their normal gate. Follow the signs for transfer (it is amazing how many Paris-bound pax follow if you're first off the LHR-CDG flight!), down the escalator and keep left. Do print out your CX boarding pass before you fly, as security at CDG will scan it before you go through the metal detector. Should you have duty-free liquids from LHR in a sealed bag, you may take them through, but CDG will scan them a couple of times and may re-bag them in another tamper-evident bag. Go up the escalator and you're in the middle of CDG duty-free. The lounges are pretty much directly ahead of you, follow the corridor around and up one level in the lift. Simples. CX has a nice lounge at CDG. I've made it through in eight minutes from exit of plane to arrival at the top of the escalator in duty-free.
Old May 8, 14, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AndyFlyer View Post
The process is very simple at CDG, but you do have to walk a bit, if BA use their normal gate. Follow the signs for transfer (it is amazing how many Paris-bound pax follow if you're first off the LHR-CDG flight!), down the escalator and keep left. Do print out your CX boarding pass before you fly, as security at CDG will scan it before you go through the metal detector. Should you have duty-free liquids from LHR in a sealed bag, you may take them through, but CDG will scan them a couple of times and may re-bag them in another tamper-evident bag. Go up the escalator and you're in the middle of CDG duty-free. The lounges are pretty much directly ahead of you, follow the corridor around and up one level in the lift. Simples. CX has a nice lounge at CDG. I've made it through in eight minutes from exit of plane to arrival at the top of the escalator in duty-free.
Things went exactly as per your description. I didn't have the printed CX boarding pass, but the CX app with bar code on my iPhone worked fine. Thanks again.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: