Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking BA with Third Party Websites

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2017, 5:57 am
Suspended

Who are mytrip.com?
Do they offer instant purchase and instant ticketing?
What booking class is the fare?
What are the fare rules?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Originally Posted by frenzie01
I wonder if anyone could help.
I could not find the same price for the below flights on BA.com, so planning to book it through Mytrip.com.
That's £1,043.02 at www.travelcenter.uk (Never used them, not a recommendation, etc.)
Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:39 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
I wonder if anyone could help.
I could not find the same price for the below flights on BA.com, so planning to book it through Mytrip.com.

Would I be able to collect avios and TPs for bth flights (credit them to BA)
If yes how?

https://image.ibb.co/bSoox5/IMG_0085.png
Likely an RJ fare not BA, can you price it on their website?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:39 am

I have no experience whatsoever with checking fare codes on third party websites.
I have never used them and I tried to find the fare code but it does not seem to be on there....

Any suggestions...?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by nux
Likely an RJ fare not BA, can you price it on their website?
No. I have tried but it does not offer the same connection.
I managed to get the same connection via Royal Jordanian website but the price is much higher
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Would I be able to collect avios and TPs for both flights (credit them to BA) If yes how?
Assuming this doesn't book into something silly on RJ, like a redemption class for example, there don't seem to be any excluded classes for earning on RJ. Their lowest revenue business class booking code is I class, which appears on the table found here: (The actual hierarchy is JZCDI)

I'm getting GBP1139.52 when I book all those flights in I class - this OTA must be offering a negotiated rate of some kind, but I would suspect it still books into I class, as other than the class used for redemptions, there's no lower booking code.

If you go for it, just add your BAEC number to the booking, if not at time of purchase with mytrip, then after booking on BA.com and/or RJ.com.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by JAXBA

Assuming this doesn't book into something silly on RJ, like a redemption class for example, there don't seem to be any excluded classes for earning on RJ. Their lowest revenue business class booking code is I class, which appears on the table found here: (The actual hierarchy is JZCDI)

I'm getting GBP1139.52 when I book all those flights in I class - this OTA must be offering a negotiated rate of some kind, but I would suspect it still books into I class, as other than the class used for redemptions, there's no lower booking code.

If you go for it, just add your BAEC number to the booking, if not at time of purchase with mytrip, then after booking on BA.com and/or RJ.com.
Thanks so much you have been very helpful!
Old Apr 8, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by nux
There are consolidator/unpublished fares sold that are not eligible for avios/TP earn sold by third party travel agent
Is there an easy way to spot these fares? Just looking at booking an ex-EU itinerary and eBookers is over EUR1000 cheaper than booking directly with BA but that's no deal if I don't earn Avios and TP. The booking classes shown on eBookers are all J and I so will these earn tier points as normal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.