FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Clarification about lounge access when connecting from AA F (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1545486-clarification-about-lounge-access-when-connecting-aa-f.html)

DocS Jan 27, 2014 8:11 am

Those of us flying domestic F on AA without status aren't even allowed into AAdmirals Club lounges I believe?
*keeps fingers crossed for a final extension to CX Gold* ;)

wrp96 Jan 27, 2014 8:20 am

Originally Posted by DocS (Post 22231260)
Those of us flying domestic F on AA without status aren't even allowed into AAdmirals Club lounges I believe?

Correct, on AA domestic F class does not give Admiral's Club access unless you have status on a non-AA oneworld airline. There are exceptions for certain transcons (JFK-LAX/SFO and MIA-LAX), but that's it.

corporate-wage-slave Jan 27, 2014 8:28 am

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 22230795)
Is this information on their site incorrect or have I misinterpreted it?

It is very out of date. It changed 2 or 3 years ago. Since many CCRs don't guest, and there are relatively few users - just a few a day - some staff are not aware of it, but it's in the white binder.

Originally Posted by frb98mf (Post 22231177)
Here's a question - under the JV, if the OP booked his ticket on a BA flight number, surely he should be treated identically if he flies AA metal or BA metal?

I believe it is still BA metal. On the other hand an AA codeshare on BA metal is, I believe, allowed, so long as it's in First and one is departing LHR T5 or JFK T7 with BA.

Originally Posted by DocS (Post 22231260)

You do get Flagship Access on 3 class domestics in the USA, provided it's transcontinental or has a leg outside North America.

Gshumway Jan 27, 2014 8:45 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 22231351)
You do get Flagship Access on 3 class domestics in the USA, provided it's transcontinental or has a leg outside North America.

Not all true. From AA.com:

First Class cabin on an American Airlines marketed and operated three-class nonstop transcontinental flight. Lounge access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying transcontinental segment.
There are two-class transcon.

*Edit* And I quote the wrong one. CWS got it before me :-)

golfmad Jan 27, 2014 8:51 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 22231351)
It is very out of date. It changed 2 or 3 years ago. Since many CCRs don't guest, and there are relatively few users - just a few a day - some staff are not aware of it, but it's in the white binder.

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

LewDog Feb 17, 2014 3:00 pm

Greetings all,

Apologies for the bump, but wondering if you wouldn't mind indulging me one additional, related question.

I have been reviewing the oneworld literature, and wanted to confirm that we will have no issue visiting Galleries First (after arriving on AA F) - it will be me (oneworld Emerald), my wife (no status) and daughter (no status, not quite 3 years old.)

My understanding is that our access to GF for all three of us would be by virtue of the inbound oneworld F flight, as my oneworld Emerald status would only permit me one guest. Is that accurate?

Many thanks once again for your kind assistance!

Best,
Lewis

Genius1 Feb 17, 2014 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by LewDog (Post 22366090)
My understanding is that our access to GF for all three of us would be by virtue of the inbound oneworld F flight, as my oneworld Emerald status would only permit me one guest. Is that accurate?

Absolutely correct! If you're all inbound in oneworld first class, you can all access the Galleries First lounge prior to your onward flight.

golfmad Mar 11, 2014 9:49 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 22229965)
You are allowed a guest with the Concorde Card.

The March 6 2014 terms and conditions still say that the CCR card does not entitle the holder to bring in a guest. Is it definitely the case that a guest is allowed? If so, are the terms still incorrect on the BA website?

More Champagne Sir? Mar 11, 2014 10:14 am

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 22503452)
The March 6 2014 terms and conditions still say that the CCR card does not entitle the holder to bring in a guest. Is it definitely the case that a guest is allowed? If so, are the terms still incorrect on the BA website?

Definitely one guest with a CCRC. I did it today.

sdix Mar 11, 2014 1:19 pm

Looking forward to April when I get to show my US Air Card to get into the F lounge. As a CP on US joining OW on March 31st hopefully the receptionists get the memo!

golfmad Mar 11, 2014 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir? (Post 22503636)
Definitely one guest with a CCRC. I did it today.

OK thanks, I'll send a note to Nicci and perhaps they can change the ts and cs on the website.

corporate-wage-slave Mar 11, 2014 2:22 pm

When you get to CCR status that nice Mr Hillier will write to you, and apparently will mention your guesting rights in that letter. When the concession was brought in, about 2 or 3 years ago, that nice Mr Hillier also wrote to Prems and CCRs to let the members know about it.

Yes I do it all the time, there are quite a few witnesses to it here.....

golfmad Mar 11, 2014 2:31 pm

Thanks, I hope to be hearing from him again in April :)