FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Can i get bumped out of 64a? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1542794-can-i-get-bumped-out-64a.html)

Rogerrobberts Jan 18, 2014 6:53 am

Can i get bumped out of 64a?

I am travelling back from chicago next tues the 27th, 64a is open to book is there any chance i could get bumped out off this seat?
Also available 64 a/b, 63 a,b,j,k 60 b

windowontheAside Jan 18, 2014 7:02 am

I don't think you have any appreciably greater chance of being bumped from 64A than anywhere else.

Out of the ones you list, it'd be my choice by a long way.

agehall Jan 18, 2014 7:31 am

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: You always risk getting bumped to another seat. Is it likely to happen? Not really.

LondonElite Jan 18, 2014 7:38 am

Originally Posted by agehall (Post 22177312)
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: You always risk getting bumped to another seat. Is it likely to happen? Not really.

^

Bobcat901 Jan 18, 2014 8:52 am

Was bumped out of 64A at the boarding gate a few years ago. As the gate agent handed me a new BP I was quite prepared for a confrontation until I noticed I was now in seat 1A. It was a day flight and my first first so some clouds can have a silver lining. :)

windowontheAside Jan 18, 2014 8:54 am

Good point. I am sure that there are way more bumps out of 64A to F than to another CW seat.

Tim_T Jan 18, 2014 9:21 am

Is 64a not a cot seat and therefore will have a higher chance of bump?

Mind you I was bumped from 64a on boarding due to a broken seat and ended up lower deck middle.

BA6501 Jan 18, 2014 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Tim_T (Post 22177813)

Mind you I was bumped from 64a on boarding due to a broken seat and ended up lower deck middle.

Not anymore

Globaliser Jan 18, 2014 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Tim_T (Post 22177813)

64A is no longer a bassinet seat (even though the bassinet is still physically there).

Tim_T Jan 18, 2014 9:59 am

Ok good to know as some information suggested that it can still be treated as a cot seat by some out stations.

corporate-wage-slave Jan 18, 2014 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Tim_T (Post 22177946)
Ok good to know as some information suggested that it can still be treated as a cot seat by some out stations.

And on board too, a CW passenger may request it if they have a child in tow. I have twice been asked whether to give up 64A for a child (that's still a low percentage). Both occasions I declined, though I was persuaded with an F seat on one occasion (to the considerable annoyance of 64B) and on the other occasion the CSD said "well I felt I had to ask, but I wasn't expecting any other answer, I wouldn't have moved either".

I think you can book 64A in confidence, unless I am onboard when it's quite a dreadful seat frankly.

Rogerrobberts Jan 18, 2014 7:19 pm

Thanks for your replies. I forgot to mentoin this is an avios booking not sure if that makes any difference...
I am booked to fly out on the 25th in WTP (no club rewards seats) if nearer the time club rewards seats open is there anyway i can change to to club?

corporate-wage-slave Jan 19, 2014 2:56 am

Originally Posted by Rogerrobberts (Post 22180129)
I forgot to mentoin this is an avios booking not sure if that makes any difference...
I am booked to fly out on the 25th in WTP (no club rewards seats) if nearer the time club rewards seats open is there anyway i can change to to club?

No difference and potentially yes by ringing BAEC, respectively.