Wiki Posts
Search

Can i get bumped out of 64a?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2014, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC bronze, BA amex +

I am travelling back from chicago next tues the 27th, 64a is open to book is there any chance i could get bumped out off this seat?
Also available 64 a/b, 63 a,b,j,k 60 b
Old Jan 18, 2014, 7:02 am

I don't think you have any appreciably greater chance of being bumped from 64A than anywhere else.

Out of the ones you list, it'd be my choice by a long way.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 7:31 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: You always risk getting bumped to another seat. Is it likely to happen? Not really.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 7:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by agehall
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: You always risk getting bumped to another seat. Is it likely to happen? Not really.
^
Old Jan 18, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Emirates Skywards
Was bumped out of 64A at the boarding gate a few years ago. As the gate agent handed me a new BP I was quite prepared for a confrontation until I noticed I was now in seat 1A. It was a day flight and my first first so some clouds can have a silver lining.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 8:54 am

Good point. I am sure that there are way more bumps out of 64A to F than to another CW seat.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 9:21 am
Original Member

Is 64a not a cot seat and therefore will have a higher chance of bump?

Mind you I was bumped from 64a on boarding due to a broken seat and ended up lower deck middle.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by Tim_T

Mind you I was bumped from 64a on boarding due to a broken seat and ended up lower deck middle.
Not anymore
Old Jan 18, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
64A is no longer a bassinet seat (even though the bassinet is still physically there).
Old Jan 18, 2014, 9:59 am
Original Member

Ok good to know as some information suggested that it can still be treated as a cot seat by some out stations.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 11:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Ok good to know as some information suggested that it can still be treated as a cot seat by some out stations.
And on board too, a CW passenger may request it if they have a child in tow. I have twice been asked whether to give up 64A for a child (that's still a low percentage). Both occasions I declined, though I was persuaded with an F seat on one occasion (to the considerable annoyance of 64B) and on the other occasion the CSD said "well I felt I had to ask, but I wasn't expecting any other answer, I wouldn't have moved either".

I think you can book 64A in confidence, unless I am onboard when it's quite a dreadful seat frankly.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC bronze, BA amex +
Thanks for your replies. I forgot to mentoin this is an avios booking not sure if that makes any difference...
I am booked to fly out on the 25th in WTP (no club rewards seats) if nearer the time club rewards seats open is there anyway i can change to to club?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 2:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Rogerrobberts
I forgot to mentoin this is an avios booking not sure if that makes any difference...
I am booked to fly out on the 25th in WTP (no club rewards seats) if nearer the time club rewards seats open is there anyway i can change to to club?
No difference and potentially yes by ringing BAEC, respectively.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.