FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA American Express credit card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1536545-ba-american-express-credit-card.html)

Bastien003 Nov 8, 2017 3:25 am

Same problem here! glad i'm not the only one.

Iain1872 Nov 8, 2017 3:52 am

Hi , quick question , i have the BA Amed premium card - nice sign up bonus and referral bonus on offer at the moment , the question is can i refer my wife at the same address to take advantage of these bonus avios ??

fruitcage Nov 8, 2017 3:54 am

Originally Posted by Iain1872 (Post 29034581)
Hi , quick question , i have the BA Amed premium card - nice sign up bonus and referral bonus on offer at the moment , the question is can i refer my wife at the same address to take advantage of these bonus avios ??

yes. Been there done that.

leedstraveller Nov 8, 2017 4:22 am

Same for me, Avios usually transfer over on 2nd or 3rd of the month, not reached my BAEC account yet.

GaxxyFlyer Nov 8, 2017 4:28 am

same problem here too. glad to see it's not just me. BAPP for reference.

Pilot37 Nov 8, 2017 11:32 pm

Just to close out this topic - Amex Avios posted to my BAEC account this morning, so hopefully everybody else sees their Avios posting too in the next day or so.

Pilot37

S_W_S Nov 9, 2017 4:24 am

Same here, mine have posted now too.

rum Nov 15, 2017 7:42 am

OT slightly:

Are you all getting some meaningful offers on Amex lately, BA or otherwise? Seems a bit thin for this time of year...

magicmat Nov 22, 2017 5:28 am

Refer me?

I can't see any referal threads where someone can refer me. Looking to sign up to the premium card. How long does it take to get the card after applying?

robiles Nov 22, 2017 5:33 am

Originally Posted by magicmat (Post 29088733)
I can't see any referal threads where someone can refer me. Looking to sign up to the premium card. How long does it take to get the card after applying?

I can refer you I’m you PM me your email address. Should take a few days less than a week I think.

OnslowSW7 Nov 22, 2017 8:47 am

I called BAPP today as I’ve been getting spurious (and welcome) spend bonuses if 5,000 avios. Not sure why and wanted to find out. No one seemed to know why- other than to encourage additional spend. Has anyone else had these- and understand why? It would be great so I could be perhaps more targeted in my use of the card.

I also mentioned that I was thinking of cancelling my card and they offered an extra avios per £ spent for 3 months as a retention incentive. So assume that I’ll get 2.5 avios/£ non-BA and 4 avios/£ BA spend.

Globaliser Nov 22, 2017 8:50 am

Originally Posted by OnslowSW7 (Post 29089354)
I called BAPP today as I’ve been getting spurious (and welcome) spend bonuses if 5,000 avios. Not sure why and wanted to find out. No one seemed to know why- other than to encourage additional spend. Has anyone else had these- and understand why? It would be great so I could be perhaps more targeted in my use of the card.

I got an unexpected 5,000 a couple of weeks back (which I only noticed a day or two ago). It turns out that it was for spending £10,000 between 1 September and 30 November, or something like that. I haven't yet asked Amex to recommend a good insolvency practitioner, but maybe I should.

Flame3601 Nov 24, 2017 4:36 pm

Okay so a bit of a 1am rant , my first real one tbh....

In regards to my previous post #1565on this thread were i picked up that mine and Mrs Flame3601's Amex's accounts weren't transferring Avios due to having both our FFN striped from our Amex accounts , no clue why thou ? I then submitted a relinking request for both are accounts respectively , Mrs Flame3601's one was sorted in about 8-ish days, however my account FFN issue is still unresolved. Firstly when i checked up on progress , i was shocked to hear my FFN i requested to be added to my account was completely different to the one i requested. Somehow Amex had some how pulled Mrs Flames3601's BAEC FFN number and added it into my account to be approved , even thou this was a separate request and my wife's FFN or similar issue wasn't even mentioned as i was doing the live chat feature and the agent could only deal with me, i know for sure i gave my FFN and not my wife's. So how they got my wife's FFN , only god knows , but actually quite a serious data breach to be honest ! Then now checked again on progress , to be told my FFN had been rejected ? Rejected , excuse me ? Amex live chat agent told me something did not match and BAEC returned it back rejected , even thou i confirmed that my BAEC name and address was the exact same registered with Amex , even thou my wife shares a household account with me and thus has the exact address along with the same residential address with me that is both associated to our Amex card accounts. Anyway sent off a another relinking request and just removed my middle name from my BAEC account , i think this maybe the rejection factor even thou Amex have me as John Doe Anonymous , but have changed my BAEC account to John Anonymous now. My wife has no middle name in her BAEC account yet got approved , but has her middle name in her Amex account , so hopefully by the grace of god or the BAEC god's this is the issue - even thou such a ridiculous reason to reject the account link.

Anyone else been in a similar issue , this has really annoyed me and for the love of god i truly hope it does not come back rejected as i may actually fall over and die as then i am truly stuck. Additional this is holding up a companion voucher and a shed ton of avios i really need right now !

Rant over and time for bed :/

Frequentflyer99 Nov 29, 2017 3:30 pm

Can anyone confirm definitively whether on the current Harvey Nicholls £30 off £100, offer buying a gift card triggers the spend (if ordered online / bought in-store) ? T&Cs say no, but I have seen a report that they do. Has anyone tried it ?

the_real_a Nov 29, 2017 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99 (Post 29115209)
Can anyone confirm definitively whether on the current Harvey Nicholls £30 off £100, offer buying a gift card triggers the spend (if ordered online / bought in-store) ? T&Cs say no, but I have seen a report that they do. Has anyone tried it ?

Cannot answer directly, but they always do generate the rebate. There is no way for AMEX to know the underlying purchase. I have bought many gift cards this way and they always trigger.