Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2013, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dylanks
All British Airways Elemis Travel Spas are indefinitely closed due to covid and are unlikely to return in their previous form.

Elemis Travel Spas are to be found at London Heathrow Terminals 3 and 5, as well as New York JFK Terminal 7.

Eligibility
The travel spas can be used by those travelling longhaul only, departing on BA metal flights. You need to be travelling in Club World, First or a BA Gold cardholder. Arriving eligible longhaul passengers can use the arrivals spa, or airside spas if connecting. There are no facilities for arriving passengers at JFK.

Opening Times

London Heathrow
Terminal 5 - Departures A Gates (airside), South Lounges complex, between the Galleries First lounge and Concorde Room: 07:00-21:00
Terminal 5 - Departures B Gates (airside), within Galleries Club lounge: 07:00-21:00
Terminal 5 - Arrivals (landside): 06:00-14:00
Terminal 3 - Departures (airside), Lounge D complex, between the Galleries First and Galleries Club lounges: 07:00-21:00.

JFK
Terminal 7 - Departures (airside), within Galleries Club lounge: 16:00-22:00

Reservations
Reservations are taken on the day, sometimes the next available appointment maybe several hours away, particularly mid morning and early afternoon. First passengers (revenue, upgrades and Avios tickets) can reserve treatments (LHR departures only) up to 4 weeks in advance by contacting YouFirst:

UK YouFirst: http://www.britishairways.com/travel...d=youfirstform
US YouFirst: http://www.britishairways.com/travel...youfirstformna

BA.com Page
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...mis-travel-spa

Print Wikipost

Elemis Travel Spa - master thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by robiles

just seen a post above saying it’s standard practice to book appointments together so I won’t bother emailing trying to move later booking. I the only question now is how late before departure is it advisable to leave the lounge?
Hi,

BA 117 is the LHR-JFK flight. I think.

You will need to be ready to leave the lounge straight after the treatment finishes. It will be about 5-7minutes using the walkways to the B gates and c12min roughly to the C gates ( gates will close at T-20) so 8:05am for an 8:25am departure. ( today the 117 left from B35). You will likely get to the gate towards the end of the boarding process.

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: Amex Platinum UK and related Hotel loyalty programs
Does the transit things take much longer we might take that. Might cancel 2nd appointment to save rushing.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:26 am

Does the transit things take much longer we might take that. Might cancel 2nd appointment to save rushing.
This would be outside my comfort zone, even if the spa treatment finished on time. Even if you were to (quite legitimately) go with it, would you be able to properly relax and enjoy the spa treatment with one eye on the clock? I wouldn't, but YMMV of course.

Walking the passageways removes a variable - the walk time is consistent and can be relied on.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
This would be outside my comfort zone, even if the spa treatment finished on time. Even if you were to (quite legitimately) go with it, would you be able to properly relax and enjoy the spa treatment with one eye on the clock? I wouldn't, but YMMV of course.

Walking the passageways removes a variable - the walk time is consistent and can be relied on.

i probably wouldn’t relax as I’m a worryier and don’t relax until sitting in my seat. How about leaving at 7:20 after 1st treatment this should be plenty of time shouldn’t it?

next question if I choose not to use 2nd Should I keep it till the day and try and swap it when we arrive in lounge or just cancel and forget about it.

Many thanks
rob
Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:34 am

i probably wouldn’t relax as I’m a worryier and don’t relax until sitting in my seat. How about leaving at 7:20 after 1st treatment this should be plenty of time shouldn’t it?

next question if I choose not to use 2nd Should I keep it till the day and try and swap it when we arrive in lounge or just cancel and forget about it.

Many thanks
rob
For me, finishing at 7.20 for a flight due to depart at 8.25am would be absolutely fine. In a perfect world, if it were me, I'd prefer an earlier time spot just so I can enjoy one last BA175 in the CCR before heading out to the gate

As for your second question, I'm afraid I don't know, but hopefully someone else will be along who does.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:55 am

Just checking 7am is the earliest isn’t it?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Not sure about the earliest time slot but boarding should be around T-40 ( for a 747) IME so about 745am for an 825am departure so leaving at 720am will be plenty of time even for the furthest C gates ( maybe leave 5 mins later if it is a B gate) and sufficient for a bus gate (unlikely). You can always ask the lounge agents when you arrive if they have an indicative gate yet for the flight if it is not displayed.

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
... so the 2nd persons treatment is due to finish at 7:40 we fly at 8:25 on BA117 is this enough time to get to the gate?
Personally, I would have no issues with this timing. You can't dawdle after that treatment has finished, but you have 25 minutes to get to the gate before official gate closing time (T-20m), and if you don't have any mobility issues than I don't think that it should take you more than about 15 minutes to get from the spa to the furthest T5 gate. You very probably wouldn't be first on board the aircraft - it would be closer to last on board if boarding has been done efficiently - but I would have thought that you'd be in minimal danger of missing the flight.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 10:00 am

I’m flying on 31st December, am I right in thinking tomorrow at 730am on the youfirst number is the first opportunity to make a spa reservation?

For a 1230 flight, how early should we arrive at T5 to make full use of spa treatments and get time to have a proper breakfast in the CCR, this is our first first from London.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 10:19 am

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...mis-travel-spa

If you are travelling in our First cabin and are within 28 days of departure, you can pre-book treatments at the Elemis Spa in London Heathrow Terminal 5A South and Terminal 3. For treatments at all other Elemis Spas, please ask at the lounge on arrival."

Flying12345, if you want to enjoy the CCR, get there as early as is comfortable for you. A spa treatment requires you to fill in a form on arrival at the spa. Allow ten minutes for that. You might want to do a little shopping or walk across to check out the First Lounge. To have a leisurely breakfast and a spa. I'd allow at least an hour and a half to two hours. To enjoy the experience more fully, more time wouldn't hurt. Good luck booking your preferred treatment.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Just another data point. I called late last night to book two spa appointments at T3 for a flight on 28 December. I thought I’d maybe left it too late but I managed to get two consecutive appointments.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR; AB Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Was somebody able to get the
‘First class Power Shave’ recently?

I was always told that they have no availebility therefore either Flying in First and callind YouFirst or being there without appointment.

Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:39 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
My 1st time ever in Elemis Spa last month, I take it I got the appointment as I was travelling in F as when in J there is never any availability.
My appointment was at 4pm and I turned up at 4pm, the technician manner was curt, she told me I was late and would lose spa time, I asked why and she said that I had to fill in a spa form before I got my treatment.
I filled out the form, I was then asked to take a seat in a curtain booth and was asked to take my footwear off, which I didn't know why as I was suppose to only have a facial treatment, to my surprised I got an all over body massage while getting my facial treatment.
The facial treatment felt good and the body massage (feet, calves, arms and back) was fantastic, the treatment lasted 10-15 mins as it was 4:20pm when it finished, I would thoroughly recommend the spa treatment.
I did notice afterwards that on the Email confirmation it stated that I was asked to arrive at least 5 minutes early, but what is the point of filling the form in when they already have all my details - Name, Address, Phone Number, Email, etc... Why not just make the appointment at 3:55pm???
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:59 am

Any advice for a 4-hour layover on LHR T5?

we will arrive at approx 5 pm onWednesdayy, and depart at 9 pm? CW

the plan is to go to Elemis spa in A-gates, and ask about availability in either A or B lounge?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Have just had my first in advance booking failure in F, although have never left it to within two weeks of departure before requesting.

"Thank you for your email. Unfortunately there is no availability at the spa on 16th April. However the spa do try to accommodate as many passengers on a walk in basis as possible, therefore I would suggest speaking to the spa on arrival and they would be able to advise if this is possible. I apologise for any disappointment caused."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.