FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Do BA really care about their customers' feedback? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1527706-do-ba-really-care-about-their-customers-feedback.html)

gallagher Dec 5, 2013 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Short Final (Post 21910860)
AWESOME ! Now that is a First class response to a whinging First passenger. :D

(agree with the complaint about alleged plastic in desert, but don't see the point of making a fuss over the lack of sommelier.... they provide you with a list, do they not !)

Short Final - how about reading previous posts before you make comments

As I said above in post 24, 'my comment to BA was not around the lack of knowledge re: the wine list, but the fact that the flight attendant thought it acceptable to respond in the way she did. She could have said 'I don''t know but I'll find out' and that would have been a more than adequate response'.

Short Final Dec 5, 2013 5:04 pm

Yes, but why not just omit the moaning about the wine altogether from your complaints to BA .... its a minor issue (if that). You would have done much better (and probably got the results you were hoping for) if you focused on the real issue (i.e. alleged plastic in food).

gallagher Dec 5, 2013 5:07 pm

how about reading the thread:confused:

When my wife asked 'What the wines were on board?' the reply was 'I don't know'. There then was an awkward silence and the the attendant walked off never to return. At the time we both thought that this was rather rude and unhelpful.

As I've said all along - all minor issues if they had happened on their own but when they happen together they spoil the whole experience.

Falcs Dec 5, 2013 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Short Final (Post 21911141)
Yes, but why not just omit the moaning about the wine altogether from your complaints to BA .... its a minor issue (if that). You would have done much better (and probably got the results you were hoping for) if you focused on the real issue (i.e. alleged plastic in food).

While not significant, isn't this the sort of thing they're meant to get right in "First"? Otherwise why bother selling a product that's 50% more expensive than Club?

waspsl Dec 5, 2013 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by sl1ppy (Post 21904527)
How can you be "with" the op, all s/he has said is that it was rubbish.... apart from breakfast (which usually is rubbish).

Bit ironic, the breakfast is normally the worst actually.

My experience is without one of the official forms, you are wasting your time complaining. I guess BA see the form as an acceptance from the crew that the performance was below par.

No disrespect to the OP but I have seen people have bad experiences in the same cabin as me due to the attitude towards the crew and my experiences fine.

Land-of-Miles Dec 5, 2013 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by waspsl (Post 21911191)
No disrespect to the OP but I have seen people have bad experiences in the same cabin as me due to the attitude towards the crew and my experiences fine.

Equally though the crew should be able to deliver exceptional not merely acceptable service to F PAX. A lot of crew relatively are devoted to F so it shouldn't be hard to understand which of the wines on the list are available before taking orders.

I wouldn't have complained about the wine issue myself but I would have noted the name of the crew member and would have complained if it was symptomatic of a wider problem, for instance not being arsed to find out what wines are available could well align with not being arsed to prepare or decant food properly. I would however link a complaint about attitudes with tangible examples of results like this.

Also the expectations of passengers may be influenced by BA's florid promises:-

"Your First class restaurant in the sky

Begin your meal with a delicious starter, while we prepare your personally chosen main course. Indulge further with our tempting desserts and carefully chosen cheese platter, accompanied by seasonal fresh fruit and the finest chocolate.

If you prefer a lighter meal, our Bistro service offers you a selection of pasta, salad, soups and hot sandwiches to keep you satisfied on those days you may not fancy a three course meal.

We want to make your experience individual to you and your fine dining experience to be one you won’t forget."

Unless of course "an experience you won't forget" is meant ironically ;)

pomkiwi Dec 5, 2013 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by Short Final (Post 21911011)
Because they don't want to do that for all 14 F seats ! Hence you are given a list on the menu !

I feel it is not inappropriate for the crew in F to be ready and able to discuss the wines with each and every passenger - is that not the level of service one would expect in F?

golfmad Dec 5, 2013 7:56 pm

I find some views on this thread utterly astonishing.

If there are no immediate safety issues to be addressed, the crew in First Class ought to be able to spend time ensuring that their most valued passengers on board the flight are served to the best of their ability.

Would I have asked about the wines? No. However, if a passenger asks then they ought to be treated with the courtesy of an answer.

Equally astonishing is the extract from the OP regarding the customer service response about answering the question about the wine.

Yes, granted, this ought to have been considered a minor issue. However, if I were the OP I would raise that response from customer services with the main board director responsible for customer service. First Class on BA is an expensive premium product and this is unacceptable from both the crew and the customer services team.

gallagher Dec 6, 2013 3:06 am

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 21912020)
I find some views on this thread utterly astonishing.

If there are no immediate safety issues to be addressed, the crew in First Class ought to be able to spend time ensuring that their most valued passengers on board the flight are served to the best of their ability.

Would I have asked about the wines? No. However, if a passenger asks then they ought to be treated with the courtesy of an answer.

Equally astonishing is the extract from the OP regarding the customer service response about answering the question about the wine.

Yes, granted, this ought to have been considered a minor issue. However, if I were the OP I would raise that response from customer services with the main board director responsible for customer service. First Class on BA is an expensive premium product and this is unacceptable from both the crew and the customer services team.

And this is another response from Customer Services re: rudeness (tutting) of Spa staff when I asked if my wife and I could swap bookings (only to later find out only massage chairs were available and not the pre-booked treatments - so not really that difficult to swap I would have thought?

I also made a comment regarding the lack of tidying away glasses and plates in the lounge and that I thought it off that a F lounge was self-service especially when the Virgin UC lounge is table service.

I am also sorry to hear that only the standard massage chair was available in the Terminal 3 lounge. This must have been very upsetting for you prior to boarding your long-haul flight to xxxx and can only have been exacerbated by you not being aware that the lounge would be self service.

gallagher Dec 6, 2013 3:17 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles (Post 21911287)
Equally though the crew should be able to deliver exceptional not merely acceptable service to F PAX. A lot of crew relatively are devoted to F so it shouldn't be hard to understand which of the wines on the list are available before taking orders.

I wouldn't have complained about the wine issue myself but I would have noted the name of the crew member and would have complained if it was symptomatic of a wider problem, for instance not being arsed to find out what wines are available could well align with not being arsed to prepare or decant food properly. I would however link a complaint about attitudes with tangible examples of results like this.

Also the expectations of passengers may be influenced by BA's florid promises:-

"Your First class restaurant in the sky

Begin your meal with a delicious starter, while we prepare your personally chosen main course.

Our experience was:

Amouche bouche was delivered to our table without a word as to what it was (at this stage we did have menus but it was not mentioned). We therefore both thought we had been given incorrect starters.
However noticed everyone was getting them so tucked in. Found them bland and tasteless. Plates were taken away with the comment 'yes, most people find this horrible'

layz Dec 6, 2013 3:27 am

I'm surprised that you had issues with the T3 flounge. Overall I hate T3, but I do like the T3 lounges as they're quieter than the T5 ones and normally the staff are excellent.

Although it is no VS clubhouse or CCR you can order food off a menu and there's also a dining room for F passengers with table service.

I don't think your expectations were unrealistic and the reply certainly sounds insulting. I hope it's just a case of someone who isn't a native English speaker accidentally explaining things in a poor way.

Land-of-Miles Dec 6, 2013 3:47 am

Originally Posted by layz (Post 21913645)
I'm surprised that you had issues with the T3 flounge. Overall I hate T3, but I do like the T3 lounges as they're quieter than the T5 ones and normally the staff are excellent.

Although it is no VS clubhouse or CCR you can order food off a menu and there's also a dining room for F passengers with table service.

I don't think your expectations were unrealistic and the reply certainly sounds insulting. I hope it's just a case of someone who isn't a native English speaker accidentally explaining things in a poor way.

It is probably depersonalised cut and paste "personalisation" this often reads like a poor translation from Mandarin ;)

I am guessing this was a BKK flight given that it was F from T3.

My last experience of this service was last year when my starter had not been served 2.5 hours after takeoff (which had been delayed by 2 hours due to engineering issues). I gave up with the dinner service at that point and heped myself from the club Kitchen. The CSD couldn't be bothered either when I told him what had happened so I made a complaint about the service and him specifically. Sadly I had the same crew on my return journey given that it was a short trip :(

F has now been withdrawn from this route and thus I think there are no BA F fights from T3 at the moment. I guess there is little to be done to improve the lounge for F PAX there now ;)

I have encountered rudeness from the T3 lounge staff. The morning staff are always very keen to suggest that you use the buffet rather than ordering any breakfast item from the menu ;)

gallagher Dec 15, 2013 10:31 am

I sent a copy of the customer services reply to You First commenting I felt it was patronising and didn't address my issues.

The same person in Customer Services then responded saying they didn't mean it to be patronising and asked me to point out were they hadn't responded to my concerns.

I've had enough so I'm now changing my travel habits to avoid BA when possible:

BA Premium plus credit card downgraded to free card (so I don't lose my 2-4-1)
2 x UC flights taken on VS to DXB
2 x UC flights booked in VS to Shanghai
4 x UC flights booked on VS to CPT

QF Lad Jan 4, 2014 6:05 am

Originally Posted by gallagher (Post 21969652)
I sent a copy of the customer services reply to You First commenting I felt it was patronising and didn't address my issues.

The same person in Customer Services then responded saying they didn't mean it to be patronising and asked me to point out were they hadn't responded to my concerns.

Wow, this is a really terrible flight you have described. It sounds dreadful, dreadful, dreadful.

Last time I flew BA F we had 3 flight attendants to look after 14 passengers, which is a ratio of approximately 1 flight attendance to just over every 4 passengers.

To justify not being aware of the wines, or not being able to offer competent service in this environment is completely unacceptable.

Land-of-Miles Jan 4, 2014 6:11 am

Originally Posted by gallagher (Post 21969652)

The VS wine choice is rather simpler being more "white or red?" From the fetching VS crew wine "holsters" ;)