FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Do BA really care about their customers' feedback? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1527706-do-ba-really-care-about-their-customers-feedback.html)

gallagher Dec 4, 2013 2:03 pm

Do BA really care about their customers' feedback?

I just feel I need to rant:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Recently I wrote detailed feedback to BA regarding 2 long haul flights my wife and I took in F. From start to finish the service we both received was absolutely rubbish (although the full english breakfast was lovely - albeit in old F). My wife works in the travel industry and thus she is aware of how difficult it is to get things right all of the time - but from check-in to arrival this was just amateurish. It certainly wasn't worth 210,000 avios and over £1,000 in taxes etc. Even if we had travelled in economy I would have still written to BA:td:

On arrival the flight attendant apologised at how bad everything had been (even though most had been due to her disinterest and rudeness). She even asked if we had been given a feedback form to complete. When I said 'we hadn't' she said 'ok' and that was that :td:

After waiting 5 weeks for a reply I get an email today saying basically 'thank you for bringing this to our attention'. No mention of the fact we were incorrectly charged for a 2-4-1 Amex cancel and open-jaw rebooking. It did appear that my letter had been skim read and a standard response slightly amended.

Obviously I'll now vote with my wallet and take all my business to Virgin and *A out of LHR.

My advice to anyone of thinking of moving from BA to flying TG, SQ, VS etc in their premium cabins is don't!! - because when you do come back to
BA you will realise just how bad they really are

More Champagne Sir? Dec 4, 2013 2:20 pm

Cheerio then.

Land-of-Miles Dec 4, 2013 2:23 pm

No BA don't care about your feedback but you normally tend to get a slightly better response if you are GGL and/or flying F.

If there outstanding issues of substance follow up on the reply given and it will probably be addressed. Always send via You First if you are not a Gold as you should get a better response.

However fundamentally it is true BA really don't want feedback and their aim is to close down issues ASAP rather than get to the root cause and resolve them. It is easier just throwing Avios at customers than solving real problems.

Joely Dec 4, 2013 2:25 pm

Simple answer is no, evidenced by bland marketing responses to all complaints.

jerry a. laska Dec 4, 2013 2:28 pm

Regarding the 241 cancellation and rebook, iirc you wanted to move from one redemption zone to another. A 241 redemption cannot be changed from one redemption zone to another (SIN=Zone 8, BKK=Zone 7)without a cancellation and rebooking.

Skipcool3 Dec 4, 2013 2:31 pm

Write back.
Compensation is being offered for old first too, so ask for it.
Imagine if you had paid the full cash fare.
Remind BA that your wife works in the industry, and whilst understands that things can go wrong, it is how BA respond that is of greater significance... How could she possibly recommend the product?

stevieed Dec 4, 2013 2:34 pm

Do BA really care about their customers' feedback?

A bit more detail about what was rubbish would be good.

FlyerTalker6245 Dec 4, 2013 3:05 pm

Perhaps you can post a copy of what you sent to BA?

HIDDY Dec 4, 2013 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir? (Post 21903730)
Cheerio then.

That's basically it to be honest.....you either go or stay and give them another chance.

Unfortunate but these things can happen. We had a pretty under par F experience from SYD-SIN-LHR and I sent in my views on what had gone wrong. Got a reply saying they would pass my thoughts on to the relevant department and that was that....never heard anything more.
Our next F flight was a very good one as have all our flights with BA since.

FlyerTalker7654 Dec 4, 2013 3:44 pm

When a company is makig millions in profits why should they care?? Whilst I am with the Op on this one, the fact of the matter is BA just dont care...and they wont care if you dont ever book with them again...

Lobengula Dec 4, 2013 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by SgtRyan (Post 21904316)
When a company is makig millions in profits why should they care?? Whilst I am with the Op on this one, the fact of the matter is BA just dont care...and they wont care if you dont ever book with them again...

Well, I'm a leisure traveller. I must be one of the lowest golds they have barely reaching 800 TP :) (last year as a gold :()

I don't often e-mail customer service but when I have, I have always had a good response. Maybe I have been lucky when you think of how many e-mails that must reach BA every day.

sl1ppy Dec 4, 2013 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by SgtRyan (Post 21904316)

How can you be "with" the op, all s/he has said is that it was rubbish.... apart from breakfast (which usually is rubbish).

gallagher Dec 4, 2013 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska (Post 21903792)
Regarding the 241 cancellation and rebook, iirc you wanted to move from one redemption zone to another. A 241 redemption cannot be changed from one redemption zone to another (SIN=Zone 8, BKK=Zone 7)without a cancellation and rebooking.

agree - but the issue was I couldn't cancel on-line as the website wouldn't accept the original CC number (even though i confirmed the last 4 digits were correct). IIRC you can't book open-jaws on-line either. So I was charged full cancellation and re-booking fee:td:

jerry a. laska Dec 4, 2013 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by gallagher (Post 21904667)
agree - but the issue was I couldn't cancel on-line as the website wouldn't accept the original CC number (even though i confirmed the last 4 digits were correct). IIRC you can't book open-jaws on-line either. So I was charged full cancellation and re-booking fee:td:

Yeah, the trouble is that is the policy. If the thing you want to do can normally be done online but for some reason online isn't working then the telephone fee isn't charged. If the thing you want to do isn't something that can be normally done online (as ba.com doesn't have that functionality)then the telephone fee is charged. But in your case even if you could have canceled online then the cancellation fee would have been charged you just would have saved the telephone fee. Or are you saying that you were told that you could have canceled online without a cancellation fee?

gallagher Dec 5, 2013 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by andset1191 (Post 21904054)
Perhaps you can post a copy of what you sent to BA?

Gladly - if only I could find a copy :(

Is there anyway of getting the original letter I sent via BA's Customer Feedback on-line form?