Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW - Which lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:05 am
Original Poster

DFW - Which lounge?

I will have 3 hours to kill between flights at DFW in the near future. I'm flying in Club World to LHR (with BA obviously). Can I use other lounges than the BA Executive Lounge and if so, which is the nicest one?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jpsartre
I will have 3 hours to kill between flights at DFW in the near future. I'm flying in Club World to LHR (with BA obviously). Can I use other lounges than the BA Executive Lounge and if so, which is the nicest one?
BA/QF are the best lounges in Terminal D where BA gates are. The Admirals Club is nice, but big, and the free food selection is very limited. Even when I fly AA, I go to the BA/QF lounges if they are open.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
If you're flying Club World, you should be able to access any of the American Airlines lounges too. Those don't have free food, but basic drinks should be free, and you ought to get a couple of tokens for premium drinks too as a BA passenger (you certainly do as a BA Silver)

There's an AA lounge a few hundred meters from the BA lounge, which is quite large, and had one very nice beer on tap when I visited it last year. You could always go there for a bit, then move to the smaller BA lounge when you run out of tokens / get hungry, and end your time there!

(There's also a small-ish Priority Pass lounge next door to the BA one. The wifi was very bad, but it had some free snacks, and there were some OK free-pour drinks and beers in the fridge)
Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:19 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
The Admirals Club will give 1-2 premium drink chits to long-haul passengers entering the club. If you use your chits and need more, just ask at the front desk.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys, that's very helpful.

I just realized I have a slightly related question. On the outbound flight I will also be transitting at DFW. Once again I'm doing the TA part in Club World. Can I use the lounges at DFW when I connect to a domestic US flight in economy (operated by AA)?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 10:25 am

I just realized I have a slightly related question. On the outbound flight I will also be transitting at DFW. Once again I'm doing the TA part in Club World. Can I use the lounges at DFW when I connect to a domestic US flight in economy (operated by AA)?
Yes, if you have at minimum OW Sapphire (BA Silver) status, or you're connecting to your international CW segment.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 5:02 pm

Programs: BA , Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, LQ Elite
Just tried getting into the BA and or QF loungue. Dragons at the desk won't let me in even with my silver card. Flying on AA but shouldn't matter according to the rules. They state that only people flying on the BA flight are allowed? They state it is a contract lounge so OW rules don't apply. Just a heads up to anyone else who thought of using this lounge. I feel they're wrong but no sense in getting all worked up about it.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 5:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Man_Utd_Fan
Just tried getting into the BA and or QF loungue. Dragons at the desk won't let me in even with my silver card. Flying on AA but shouldn't matter according to the rules. They state that only people flying on the BA flight are allowed? They state it is a contract lounge so OW rules don't apply. Just a heads up to anyone else who thought of using this lounge. I feel they're wrong but no sense in getting all worked up about it.
I have had this issue once, usually I get let in without problems. It's entirely up to how much fuss you are willing to make: I was in a grumpy mood that day so asked the agent to have her supervisor confirm. That solved the problem and she let me in.

Of course, the AC is nice if you're not hungry.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 5:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite

You can certainly use the BA lounge since you're coming off a CW flight. I should think you could also get into the AC, but I'm not sure about that one.

(This is assuming I've read your question correctly and you are coming from the UK, doing LHR-DFW in BA CW, then AA DFW-domestic destination.)
Old Aug 22, 2013, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Man_Utd_Fan
Originally Posted by TravellingSalesman
I have had this issue once, usually I get let in without problems. It's entirely up to how much fuss you are willing to make: I was in a grumpy mood that day so asked the agent to have her supervisor confirm. That solved the problem and she let me in.

Of course, the AC is nice if you're not hungry.
Yes, you need to stand for your OW rights. I always just ask that I get to the actual lounge, where they have always let me in..

The idea that these lounges are contract lounges is laughable. I can see if they were a 3rd party lounge with a different name, but when you call yourself BA or a QF lounge, that's what you are.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravellingSalesman
You can certainly use the BA lounge since you're coming off a CW flight. I should think you could also get into the AC, but I'm not sure about that one.

(This is assuming I've read your question correctly and you are coming from the UK, doing LHR-DFW in BA CW, then AA DFW-domestic destination.)
Yep, that's my itinerary. Good to know, I made sure to leave plenty of time between flights in case of delays at immigration so may well end up having several hours to spare on the outbound trip as well.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 4:41 am

hmm interesting one...my daughter is flying LHR-DFW in AA business then on to RSW in First (again AA) and then the same return.

what lounges can/cant she use a) at LHR and b) at DFW and lastly at LHR on arrival back ?? appreciate the info as its her first in Business and I want to make sure she maximises the enjoyment
Old Aug 23, 2013, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by flabound
hmm interesting one...my daughter is flying LHR-DFW in AA business then on to RSW in First (again AA) and then the same return.

what lounges can/cant she use a) at LHR and b) at DFW and lastly at LHR on arrival back ?? appreciate the info as its her first in Business and I want to make sure she maximises the enjoyment
At LHR, upon departure, she can use the BA/AA/CX business lounges in T3 (where AA flies out of)

At DFW, she can use the Admirals Clubs in any terminal, but recommend using the one in the terminal her RSW flight departs from.

Upon arrival to LHR, she won't be able to use any lounges, unless she has a connecting flight from thereon.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
At LHR on the return she could use the AA Arrivals lounge.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by BA6501
At LHR on the return she could use the AA Arrivals lounge.
True.. Forgot about that one!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.