Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Layover ideas for LHR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by avneeshj
Thanks for some great suggestion guys. But sadly I won't be able to do any of this. I need a visa to go outside the airport in London since my last one expired a little while ago. I have been told that to get a new visa I would have to visit the closest center for biometrics and I don't think I quite see the point in going through all that especially considering the closest consulate is a 1 hour flight away. I had thought I could get a visa by mail but it's not possible.
Boo

Seeing as that's the case, I agree with a couple of the other posts: seeing as you're definitely in the airport all that time, worth using 25k Avios to upgrade, enjoy the flight in first, get to use the CCR (and any other lounge you want in T5), and the spa, and a cabana if you want..
Old Apr 25, 2013, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by London_traveller
Boo

Seeing as that's the case, I agree with a couple of the other posts: seeing as you're definitely in the airport all that time, worth using 25k Avios to upgrade, enjoy the flight in first, get to use the CCR (and any other lounge you want in T5), and the spa, and a cabana if you want..
Yeah this definitely seems to be the best option at the moment.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Can't find the relevant thread, but does anyone know what dining options are available T5 LANDSIDE? I assume it's only Carluccio's in departures…?

Parents are staying at the Sofitel overnight and are keen to know what's available in the airport for dinner.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
There's also the "pub"-type place - the Five Tuns. But I would pick Carluccio's ahead of that.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:14 am

Thank you!!
Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:14 am

Is the Five Tuns in the arrivals hall?
Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:18 am

Thanks, found it:

http://www.heathrow.com/shops-and-re.../the-five-tuns
Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:47 am

Or visit M&S and buy some food to eat back at the Sofitel.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by muscat
Or visit M&S and buy some food to eat back at the Sofitel.
This is especially good if you want a lighter meal, rather than a full meal at a Sofitel restaurant (good food but highet in cost as well).
Old Aug 21, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
I've had a couple of these long layovers and used them to meet family for a decent curry at the Sipson Tandoori in West Drayton. You don't even need to get a cab - the 350 bus goes right from T5 to outside the door, in the same kind of time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.