Wiki Posts
Search

Paid Upgrade to Club no extra Tier Points

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2013, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver

I recently paid for an upgrade to Club from WT at SFO (to LHR) as it was heavily discounted.

The TPs and miles have been credited to my BAEC account but they don't reflect the fact that I traveled in Club they are the same amount I would normally receive for WT.

I've paid for upgrades to premium before and received the extra TPs so I'm assuming this recent transaction has been accounted for incorrectly, can anyone confirm?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 3:02 pm

Chase BAEC with the details (via webform). Then chase them again, and again ... eventually you should get the full TPs/Avios.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 3:03 pm

I always phone these in. Never had to chase past the original call.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by OliviaL
I recently paid for an upgrade to Club from WT at SFO (to LHR) as it was heavily discounted.

The TPs and miles have been credited to my BAEC account but they don't reflect the fact that I traveled in Club they are the same amount I would normally receive for WT.

I've paid for upgrades to premium before and received the extra TPs so I'm assuming this recent transaction has been accounted for incorrectly, can anyone confirm?

Thanks in advance.
It is a common problem.
From the Your Guide thread:
•If you purchase an upgrade - either through Manage My Booking or at the airport, you will get the higher level of Tier Points. So going from World Traveller Plus to Club World, you would get the Club World Avios and Tier Points.
It is important to check your account afterwards since you may not be automatically awarded the correct amount, and you may need to make a claim for the missing Avios and Tier Points. Depending on where your BAEC account is based, there may be an online webform for submitting these claims. There is a separate webform for BA partner airlines. Alternatively, erroneous credits or credits that normally post automatically but have not may be corrected on request by contacting your local Executive Club service centre.
Fill out the online form or call.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Chase BAEC with the details (via webform). Then chase them again, and again ... eventually you should get the full TPs/Avios.
At least that means that presumably I'm entitled to the extra points going to try to put my patient face on

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
I always phone these in. Never had to chase past the original call.
good to know, I'll try my luck
Old Apr 28, 2013, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
It is a common problem.
From the Your Guide thread:

Fill out the online form or call.
Cheers will do that. Any idea how much time until I get it credited to my account from the time I fill out my form?
Old Apr 28, 2013, 6:58 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, VS gold, Centurion

Usually a matter of days once you have called them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.