FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Maybe CX isn't perfect... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1458384-maybe-cx-isnt-perfect.html)

BApilotinsider Apr 14, 2013 11:57 am

Maybe CX isn't perfect...

Reading this forum one can get the impression that BA can do no right and CX is the shining beacon...

So just for balance...;):p

http://www.scmp.com/comment/blogs/ar...ritish-airways

nth_utsera_sth_utsera Apr 14, 2013 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by BApilotinsider (Post 20590561)
Reading this forum one can get the impression that BA can do no right and CX is the shining beacon...

So just for balance...;):p

http://www.scmp.com/comment/blogs/ar...ritish-airways

Interesting read, thanks for sharing. Like every airline, there are good and bad crews. I found the service in F on a recent ICNHKG hop to be wanting - surprising when just two of us in the cabin. But it didn't change my overall favourable impression of the hard product.

Littlegirl Apr 14, 2013 12:20 pm

I really enjoyed reading that, thanks :p

T8191 Apr 14, 2013 12:30 pm

Interesting. Nice to see that apathy isn't a BA exclusive. Sorry you had a bad sector, though.

Swanhunter Apr 14, 2013 12:35 pm

Perfect? No.

Just better than BA on pretty much every count other than FFP. :p

nth_utsera_sth_utsera Apr 14, 2013 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 20590698)
Interesting. Nice to see that apathy isn't a BA exclusive. Sorry you had a bad sector, though.

It wasn't bad, just the service was indifferent.

MANCHESTER Apr 14, 2013 2:05 pm

I agree, CX is over rated in F IMHO. Since my first F on CX in Jan I've been lucky to fly BA, EY & QF in F and all were as good.

UKTraveller4Fun Apr 14, 2013 2:51 pm

In no way can I see how the hard product of BA coming close to CX they are in 2 different classes.

As for service and the soft product I can believe BA on their better days can be as good if not better than CX on their worse days, problem is from my experience CX dont have many bad days and BA have generally OK days with the occasional good day and plenty of bad ones!

UncleDude Apr 14, 2013 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by toddml (Post 20591289)
In no way can I see how the hard product of BA coming close to CX they are in 2 different classes.

With 130% more seats on a 777 in First class, hence more award and upgrade availability. BA works much better for me.

As for the New Wing versus the Concorde Room..BA wins on this also..IMHO the new First Class Self Service Restaurant at The Pier reminded me of a Branch of Boots, the lighting was too harsh and the ambiance non existent, as for PCs they only had horrible 2 Apples.

MANCHESTER Apr 14, 2013 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by UncleDude (Post 20591338)
With 130% more seats on a 777 in First class, hence more award and upgrade availability. BA works much better for me.

As for the New Wing versus the Concorde Room..BA wins on this also..IMHO the new First Class Self Service Restaurant at The Pier reminded me of a Branch of Boots, the lighting was too harsh and the ambiance non existent, as for PCs they only had horrible 2 Apples.

Agreed. Along with v average service on my 2 flights in F LHR-HKG, I really don't see what all the fuss is about

TrompeleMonde Apr 14, 2013 3:21 pm

I love Cathay and all my flights with them have been faultless, but I much prefer BA's business class seat to the Cathay coffins. I do believe it is the best of any airline I've flown (Singapore, Virgin, Lufthansa, American, Korean Air, United, ANA, Cathay)

Cathay's AVOD service is the best - nothing makes that 16 hour flight go faster than being able to whiz through an entire season of Homeland

Hubbabridge Apr 14, 2013 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Swanhunter (Post 20590716)
Perfect? No.

I absolutely agree; CX is much more consistent and the food in F is far better. BA staff vary between excellent and completely mediocre. CX Excellent and Good.....

JohnnyUMF Apr 14, 2013 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Swanhunter (Post 20590716)
Perfect? No.

^ Such a better hard product!

kitbag1984 Apr 14, 2013 11:41 pm

I flew a segment in CX F last week and must say the service and seat were incredible. Despite the seat being nearly ten years old it was much better than the NF seat. The space and comfort were far better. In Fact I would say the BA F cabin was comparable to a J product.

As the staff had less customers to serve we also received better service as well.

Cap'n Benj Apr 15, 2013 12:05 am

A friend has just done an LHR-SYD return and even stated that he preferred the BA seat over the new cirrus one everyone has been raving about!

(He is 6'3 which may have something do with it and did also say that he thought the staff were great though)