FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Laptop left in T5 Concorde Room (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1455373-laptop-left-t5-concorde-room.html)

gbogo Apr 4, 2013 7:16 am

Laptop left in T5 Concorde Room

Concorde Room, 7:15am, last monday (Easter Bank Holiday, so perhaps only 20 people in whole lounge). Nearest power socket was 30 feet from my seat and I needed to charge up my laptop.... but out of sight, out of mind and I stupidly headed to the Gate, leaving the laptop behind.. Realised what I'd done just before the doors closed, too late to run back from a C gate so asked the cabin crew for help. A phone call to the lounge front desk, I could tell them exactly where it was, barely 10 mins since I left it... But no. "You have to go through lost property". No flexibility.. And no sign of the laptop 4 days later. Has anyone else experienced this? It was so frustrating.. I just wanted someone in the lounge to say "yes. There it is. We'll keep it safe". But no. And now it seems to have vanished. Stolen? Seems so unlikely.. And Lesson learnt: don't get up so early on a Bank Holiday!

NYLON Boy Apr 4, 2013 7:20 am

Originally Posted by gbogo (Post 20534735)
Concorde Room, 7:15am, last monday (Easter Bank Holiday, so perhaps only 20 people in whole lounge). Nearest power socket was 30 feet from my seat and I needed to charge up my laptop.... but out of sight, out of mind and I stupidly headed to the Gate, leaving the laptop behind.. Realised what I'd done just before the doors closed, too late to run back from a C gate so asked the cabin crew for help. A phone call to the lounge front desk, I could tell them exactly where it was, barely 10 mins since I left it... But no. "You have to go through lost property". No flexibility.. And no sign of the laptop 4 days later. Has anyone else experienced this? It was so frustrating.. I just wanted someone in the lounge to say "yes. There it is. We'll keep it safe". But no. And now it seems to have vanished. Stolen? Seems so unlikely.. And Lesson learnt: don't get up so early on a Bank Holiday!

Recently did the same stupid thing. BA couldn't have been for helpful: They retrieved it for me and sent a runner to deliver it to me on the aircraft. Probably the most joined-up ground experience I've had on BA, very impressive.

I don't know whose experience is more typical - yours or mine. But I intend never to repeat the experience :)

Tobias-UK Apr 4, 2013 7:22 am

I was in the Concorde Room on Monday. There was an announcement at about 2pm asking if anyone had left a laptop charging in the corner and if so to contact the front desk. I did not notice anyone approaching the front desk from inside the CCR. I wonder if this was yours?

Land-of-Miles Apr 4, 2013 7:32 am

I left my laptop in the Flounge at LGW a couple of years ago. As I was settling into my seat a lovely lady from the lounge came onboard with my laptop and power supply which I had not even noticed I had left at that point.

Perhaps asking someone who will be visiting the CCR in the near future may help the OP to find out what has happened to his laptop?

gbogo Apr 4, 2013 9:02 am

Tobias-UK, thank you so much for that nugget of info. I suspect it was indeed mine. It was in a corner and charging..! I wonder what happened to it next... Has anyone successfully found a phone number for the CCR?

Zhivago Apr 4, 2013 9:11 am

It's probably in the awful, AWFUL BA lost property system by now. Good news is, you will probably get it back. Bad news is, you will probably have to wait for updates and maybe even make a trip back to T5 to collect it.

I left my iPad behind a few months ago, and as you can guess from my comments above, my experience with the Lost Property department was exceptionally bad. At one stage I threatened to call the police, because they had confirmed they had located my iPad, but then denied ever having done so, and were unable to produce it - this was after asking me to drive to the airport to collect it. All was sorted out eventually, but it took many hours, and multiple trips between different terminals.

I hope you have a better experience than I did, and I look forward to hearing how this is resolved. Best of luck!!! :)

Oh, and :td: :td: to BA for being so inflexible and not bringing it to the aircraft for you, especially as it appears it was located in the CCR.

CreativeBill Apr 4, 2013 9:22 am

There are two MacBook Pros and a Toshiba laptop showing on http://missingx.com/ as been left at Heathrow on Monday... so you're not the only forgetful one.

stifle Apr 4, 2013 10:06 am

Did you try ringing You First?

adrianjc32 Apr 4, 2013 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Zhivago (Post 20535320)
It's probably in the awful, AWFUL BA lost property system by now. Good news is, you will probably get it back. Bad news is, you will probably have to wait for updates and maybe even make a trip back to T5 to collect it.

I left my iPad behind a few months ago, and as you can guess from my comments above, my experience with the Lost Property department was exceptionally bad. At one stage I threatened to call the police, because they had confirmed they had located my iPad, but then denied ever having done so, and were unable to produce it - this was after asking me to drive to the airport to collect it. All was sorted out eventually, but it took many hours, and multiple trips between different terminals.

I hope you have a better experience than I did, and I look forward to hearing how this is resolved. Best of luck!!! :)

Oh, and :td: :td: to BA for being so inflexible and not bringing it to the aircraft for you, especially as it appears it was located in the CCR.

The doors were about to close. With more time and if it was located it would have been possible.

One reason that often there is a reticence in confirming an item has been located is that when later put into the process it turns out not to belong to the person who was told it had been found. More than 1 laptop or iPad may be left in the same area. Frankly lost property is becoming almost a full time industry in itself, it costs a fair amount to manage too. The best solution is always returning it at the time, hence in this case had it been found and there was time that would have happened....

badoc Apr 4, 2013 11:10 am

Laptop left in T5 Concorde Room

That's nothing, I (well my mother actually, who was a bit star-struck!) once left our passports and boarding passes in the CCR - and only realised at the gate.

A huge well done was sent to the CCR staff member who ran them down to the C gates for us while we sat on the naughty step outside the gate.

SteveF Apr 4, 2013 11:43 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles (Post 20534809)
Perhaps asking someone who will be visiting the CCR in the near future may help the OP to find out what has happened to his laptop?

Gbogo: I'll be in the CCR at about 10:30 tomorrow (Friday). If you would like me to ask at the desk please PM me the details.

Yahillwe Apr 4, 2013 12:29 pm

I was there on Monday the 1st, around 11ish. It was super busy. But I didn't hear any announcement.

Hope you'll find it.

T8191 Apr 4, 2013 12:46 pm

Comment deleted

kebab16723 Apr 4, 2013 5:55 pm

From what I understand, any items that are found are handed to the customer service desk in the lounge.
From there is is taken to flight connections offices where they handle lost Property and makes recordings of each items. At the end of the day, everything is taken to bagport around the corner from the UK domestic arrivals. From there, bagport holds the items for 3 days and after that it is moved to T3 where that is where the storage areas are. As mentioned by CreativeBill (Post #7), you can visit that site to see what is the arrangement for collection. I think bagport charges for collecting your item, possibly something around £10.

whoareyou Apr 4, 2013 11:40 pm

BA wont (shouldnt) keep any lost property airside overnight (for custom reasons). Twice a day all the lost property is collected from BA and taken to Bagport (landside T5), 0844 824 3115, www.bagport.co.uk, www.missingx.com. Which is then taken to Bagport in the Central Area (T3). 24hrs after youve left the item it wont be BA to contact, it will be Bagport.