Laptop left in T5 Concorde Room

Old Apr 4, 13, 7:16 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Auckland, NZ
Programs: NZ Gold Elite, BA, UA, QF..
Posts: 216
Laptop left in T5 Concorde Room

Concorde Room, 7:15am, last monday (Easter Bank Holiday, so perhaps only 20 people in whole lounge). Nearest power socket was 30 feet from my seat and I needed to charge up my laptop.... but out of sight, out of mind and I stupidly headed to the Gate, leaving the laptop behind.. Realised what I'd done just before the doors closed, too late to run back from a C gate so asked the cabin crew for help. A phone call to the lounge front desk, I could tell them exactly where it was, barely 10 mins since I left it... But no. "You have to go through lost property". No flexibility.. And no sign of the laptop 4 days later. Has anyone else experienced this? It was so frustrating.. I just wanted someone in the lounge to say "yes. There it is. We'll keep it safe". But no. And now it seems to have vanished. Stolen? Seems so unlikely.. And Lesson learnt: don't get up so early on a Bank Holiday!
gbogo is offline  
Old Apr 4, 13, 7:20 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NYC and London
Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)
Posts: 323
Originally Posted by gbogo View Post
Concorde Room, 7:15am, last monday (Easter Bank Holiday, so perhaps only 20 people in whole lounge). Nearest power socket was 30 feet from my seat and I needed to charge up my laptop.... but out of sight, out of mind and I stupidly headed to the Gate, leaving the laptop behind.. Realised what I'd done just before the doors closed, too late to run back from a C gate so asked the cabin crew for help. A phone call to the lounge front desk, I could tell them exactly where it was, barely 10 mins since I left it... But no. "You have to go through lost property". No flexibility.. And no sign of the laptop 4 days later. Has anyone else experienced this? It was so frustrating.. I just wanted someone in the lounge to say "yes. There it is. We'll keep it safe". But no. And now it seems to have vanished. Stolen? Seems so unlikely.. And Lesson learnt: don't get up so early on a Bank Holiday!
Recently did the same stupid thing. BA couldn't have been for helpful: They retrieved it for me and sent a runner to deliver it to me on the aircraft. Probably the most joined-up ground experience I've had on BA, very impressive.

I don't know whose experience is more typical - yours or mine. But I intend never to repeat the experience
NYLON Boy is offline  
Old Apr 4, 13, 7:22 am
  #3  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK/Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 12,988
I was in the Concorde Room on Monday. There was an announcement at about 2pm asking if anyone had left a laptop charging in the corner and if so to contact the front desk. I did not notice anyone approaching the front desk from inside the CCR. I wonder if this was yours?
Tobias-UK is offline  
Old Apr 4, 13, 7:32 am
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: MAN and LON
Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IC RA, Kimpton Inner Circle, Amex Plat
Posts: 13,721
I left my laptop in the Flounge at LGW a couple of years ago. As I was settling into my seat a lovely lady from the lounge came onboard with my laptop and power supply which I had not even noticed I had left at that point.

Perhaps asking someone who will be visiting the CCR in the near future may help the OP to find out what has happened to his laptop?
Land-of-Miles is offline  
Old Apr 4, 13, 9:02 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Auckland, NZ
Programs: NZ Gold Elite, BA, UA, QF..
Posts: 216
Tobias-UK, thank you so much for that nugget of info. I suspect it was indeed mine. It was in a corner and charging..! I wonder what happened to it next... Has anyone successfully found a phone number for the CCR?
gbogo is offline  
Old Apr 4, 13, 9:11 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Programs: BA Gold, AZAL Gold, TK Elite, KC Nomad Club Blue
Posts: 353
It's probably in the awful, AWFUL BA lost property system by now. Good news is, you will probably get it back. Bad news is, you will probably have to wait for updates and maybe even make a trip back to T5 to collect it.

I left my iPad behind a few months ago, and as you can guess from my comments above, my experience with the Lost Property department was exceptionally bad. At one stage I threatened to call the police, because they had confirmed they had located my iPad, but then denied ever having done so, and were unable to produce it - this was after asking me to drive to the airport to collect it. All was sorted out eventually, but it took many hours, and multiple trips between different terminals.

I hope you have a better experience than I did, and I look forward to hearing how this is resolved. Best of luck!!!

Oh, and to BA for being so inflexible and not bringing it to the aircraft for you, especially as it appears it was located in the CCR.
Zhivago is offline  
Old Apr 4, 13, 9:22 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: London
Posts: 442
There are two MacBook Pros and a Toshiba laptop showing on http://missingx.com/ as been left at Heathrow on Monday... so you're not the only forgetful one.
CreativeBill is offline  
Old Apr 4, 13, 10:06 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: From ORK, live LCY
Programs: Pretty much all gone these days
Posts: 13,026
Did you try ringing You First?
stifle is offline  
Old Apr 4, 13, 10:38 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,774
Originally Posted by Zhivago View Post
It's probably in the awful, AWFUL BA lost property system by now. Good news is, you will probably get it back. Bad news is, you will probably have to wait for updates and maybe even make a trip back to T5 to collect it.

I left my iPad behind a few months ago, and as you can guess from my comments above, my experience with the Lost Property department was exceptionally bad. At one stage I threatened to call the police, because they had confirmed they had located my iPad, but then denied ever having done so, and were unable to produce it - this was after asking me to drive to the airport to collect it. All was sorted out eventually, but it took many hours, and multiple trips between different terminals.

I hope you have a better experience than I did, and I look forward to hearing how this is resolved. Best of luck!!!

Oh, and to BA for being so inflexible and not bringing it to the aircraft for you, especially as it appears it was located in the CCR.
The doors were about to close. With more time and if it was located it would have been possible.

One reason that often there is a reticence in confirming an item has been located is that when later put into the process it turns out not to belong to the person who was told it had been found. More than 1 laptop or iPad may be left in the same area. Frankly lost property is becoming almost a full time industry in itself, it costs a fair amount to manage too. The best solution is always returning it at the time, hence in this case had it been found and there was time that would have happened....
adrianjc32 is offline  
Old Apr 4, 13, 11:10 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Robin Hood Territory
Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
Posts: 1,613
Laptop left in T5 Concorde Room

That's nothing, I (well my mother actually, who was a bit star-struck!) once left our passports and boarding passes in the CCR - and only realised at the gate.

A huge well done was sent to the CCR staff member who ran them down to the C gates for us while we sat on the naughty step outside the gate.
badoc is offline  
Old Apr 4, 13, 11:43 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,488
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles View Post
Perhaps asking someone who will be visiting the CCR in the near future may help the OP to find out what has happened to his laptop?
Gbogo: I'll be in the CCR at about 10:30 tomorrow (Friday). If you would like me to ask at the desk please PM me the details.
SteveF is offline  
Old Apr 4, 13, 12:29 pm
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: A metal nomad
Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Posts: 22,071
I was there on Monday the 1st, around 11ish. It was super busy. But I didn't hear any announcement.

Hope you'll find it.
Yahillwe is offline  
Old Apr 4, 13, 12:46 pm
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: JER
Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Posts: 29,770
Comment deleted
T8191 is offline  
Old Apr 4, 13, 5:55 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 16
From what I understand, any items that are found are handed to the customer service desk in the lounge.
From there is is taken to flight connections offices where they handle lost Property and makes recordings of each items. At the end of the day, everything is taken to bagport around the corner from the UK domestic arrivals. From there, bagport holds the items for 3 days and after that it is moved to T3 where that is where the storage areas are. As mentioned by CreativeBill (Post #7), you can visit that site to see what is the arrangement for collection. I think bagport charges for collecting your item, possibly something around £10.
kebab16723 is offline  
Old Apr 4, 13, 11:40 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Heathrow T5
Posts: 53
BA wont (shouldnt) keep any lost property airside overnight (for custom reasons). Twice a day all the lost property is collected from BA and taken to Bagport (landside T5), 0844 824 3115, www.bagport.co.uk, www.missingx.com. Which is then taken to Bagport in the Central Area (T3). 24hrs after youve left the item it wont be BA to contact, it will be Bagport.
whoareyou is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: