Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by kmccallum13
Hi,

I have a quick question regarding lounge access. I'm flying EDI-LCY-LGW-BDA in Club World on an Avios upgrade. Will I be able to access the lounge in Edinburgh for my flight to City even though I have to get to Gatwick for the flight to Bermuda? It has all been booked under the same booking, I couldn't get the EDI-LGW connection I wanted for the first leg.

Thanks
Welcome kmccallum to Flyertalk and the BA Board! Stick around and you will learn a good few things from the threads here.

Yes - you will be able to use the lounge at EDI (and a very nice lounge it is too!) before your flight to LCY. You'll have your LGW-BDA boarding pass to show if there are any issues (but I wouldn't imagine that there would be).

Enjoy the flight!
Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by stu1985
Welcome kmccallum to Flyertalk and the BA Board! Stick around and you will learn a good few things from the threads here...
Wot he said, welcome to the BA FlyerTalk Community kmccallum ^ - should you have any questions or concerns fire away.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by kmccallum13
Hi,

I have a quick question regarding lounge access. I'm flying EDI-LCY-LGW-BDA in Club World on an Avios upgrade. Will I be able to access the lounge in Edinburgh for my flight to City even though I have to get to Gatwick for the flight to Bermuda? It has all been booked under the same booking, I couldn't get the EDI-LGW connection I wanted for the first leg.

Thanks
When are you flying? It's always worth keeping an eye on Avios availability for domestic legs close to your departure date. I have done this several times where there hasn't been availability on the domestic sector I want at time of booking but a week or so out availability opens up and I have called BAEC to change it (never been able to do it online).

Even if nothing showing online, I would still call them closer to the date as I have been able to book onto a domestic leg over the phone when there was nothing showing online... not sure how but I never questioned it!
Old Apr 29, 2015, 5:28 pm

I have a question that may be related a bit to the problem that Adamhk had a few pages back in Amsterdam.

The question is basically whether lounge access rules for "connections" apply when travelling on a split ticket, which I wonder is where Adamhk had the problem. I'm flying from ORD to LHR on an AA operated flight in first class. I think have a separate ticket from LHR a few hours later to DUB, in economy. Clearly if this were the same ticket, I would be entitled to access the BA first class lounge in T5 by showing my first class tickets arriving earlier that day. But does the rule change -- is it still a "connection" -- since I am flying out of LHR on a separate ticket? (Ultimately, it doesn't matter that much, because I am OW Sapphire, so will have access to the business lounge at the least, but I would prefer the Galleries First if I can get in.)

Originally Posted by Adamhk74
So I replied to customer relations and very clearly stated the online lounge access rules for connections, I copied rules what KARFA had posted and asked why customer relations and lounge staff still think I am not allowed lounge access, this is the reply
Old Apr 29, 2015, 5:32 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lkar
I have a question that may be related a bit to the problem that Adamhk had a few pages back in Amsterdam.

The question is basically whether lounge access rules for "connections" apply when travelling on a split ticket, which I wonder is where Adamhk had the problem. I'm flying from ORD to LHR on an AA operated flight in first class. I think have a separate ticket from LHR a few hours later to DUB, in economy. Clearly if this were the same ticket, I would be entitled to access the BA first class lounge in T5 by showing my first class tickets arriving earlier that day. But does the rule change -- is it still a "connection" -- since I am flying out of LHR on a separate ticket? (Ultimately, it doesn't matter that much, because I am OW Sapphire, so will have access to the business lounge at the least, but I would prefer the Galleries First if I can get in.)
Yes, you will be able to use the Galleries First lounge. Because you’ll be travelling on split tickets, the lounge receptionist will not see an “OK” on the system but if you present the BP stub for your inbound AA flight, all should be fine.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 5:41 pm

A friend without status is travelling TLV-LHR in world traveler connecting LHR-JFK in club world. Will they be granted lounge access in Tel Aviv?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero
Yes, you will be able to use the Galleries First lounge. Because you’ll be travelling on split tickets, the lounge receptionist will not see an “OK” on the system but if you present the BP stub for your inbound AA flight, all should be fine.
Thanks very much, Prospero.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I'm arriving at LHR on BA248 at 1:10 PM. I saw that the Arrivals Lounge closes as 2 PM, do I have enough time to go through customs and get into the lounge? If I arrive minutes before it closes, do I get kicked out at 2 PM?

Thanks!
Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by FliGuy
When are you flying? It's always worth keeping an eye on Avios availability for domestic legs close to your departure date. I have done this several times where there hasn't been availability on the domestic sector I want at time of booking but a week or so out availability opens up and I have called BAEC to change it (never been able to do it online).

Even if nothing showing online, I would still call them closer to the date as I have been able to book onto a domestic leg over the phone when there was nothing showing online... not sure how but I never questioned it!
Still a few months away and have been keeping an eye on the website for the the flights. Have phoned them already to see about changing and was told that it was only "business" flights available on the EDI-LGW flight which I'm assuming is a fully flexible ticket. Would have ended up costing me an extra £200 in change fee and additional fees and taxes! I'm currently looking at pre-booking a taxi from LCY to LGW as this looks like it will cost about £60ish and will be less hassle than getting from City to London Bridge with suitcase and a set of golf clubs.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: QR Gold / OW Sapphire, Le Club Accor Gold, Shangri La Jade
Lounge Access with redemption ticket.....

Hello All,

Apologies in advance if this has been covered before. I did do a quick search - but it didn't throw anything up.

I am travelling on a BAEC short-haul redemption ticket ex-LHR with the family.

I have Sapphire status with QR. Since I am travelling in Y and hold only Blue status with BAEC, this will be the F/F number on my BP.

Will I be able to gain access to the lounge if I just show my QR OWS Gold card, despite it not being on my BP?

All other times I have flown with BA, I input my QR OWS details - which means lounge access is no problem.

Thanks!
Old Apr 30, 2015, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HpW1981
Hello All,

Apologies in advance if this has been covered before. I did do a quick search - but it didn't throw anything up.

I have Sapphire status with QR. Since I am travelling in Y and hold only Blue status with BAEC, this will be the F/F number on my BP.

Will I be able to gain access to the lounge if I just show my QR OWS Gold card, despite it not being on my BP?

All other times I have flown with BA, I input my QR OWS details - which means lounge access is no problem.

Thanks!
Yes, bring your QR card, will be no problem.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: QR Gold / OW Sapphire, Le Club Accor Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by Calchas
Yes, bring your QR card, will be no problem.
Thanks very much Calchas.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 11:50 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by HpW1981

Will I be able to gain access to the lounge if I just show my QR OWS Gold card, despite it not being on my BP? ...
Do remember each cardholder will only be permitted to take one guest, children count as guests.
Old May 1, 2015, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by bvanderhaar
According to what I'm reading, same-day lounge access is granted for international F passengers, so I think I'm good, but looking for some confirmation just in case.

My wife and I are traveling in BA F LHR-IAD. Are we good to access the BA IAD lounge upon arrival? No status here.

We are technically departing on a non-OW ticket. I'm not excited about this, but travel changes left us with no other option. I won't be advertising this segment of our trip...
Originally Posted by bvanderhaar
Reading through the thread, I think I answered my own question. Must be on a connecting flight marketed and operated by OW member. Looks like the lounge isn't open for very long anyway. To one of the united lounges we go...
As you've discovered, you won't have lounge access in that scenario. AA is less strict about the "must be departing" bit sometimes.

If your access to United Club is by Priority Pass, note that this is shortly going to be enhanced, so I hope your journey is in the next two weeks.
Old May 1, 2015, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by fredshino
I'm arriving at LHR on BA248 at 1:10 PM. I saw that the Arrivals Lounge closes as 2 PM, do I have enough time to go through customs and get into the lounge? If I arrive minutes before it closes, do I get kicked out at 2 PM?

Thanks!
Customs will not be a problem, as at LHR just like most European airports it is a simple walk-through green channel. However, if you're not entitled to use the EU passport queues, there is a good chance that you will not make it through immigration in good enough time.

They will not turf you out at 14:00 on the dot, but they also will want you to get moved on in reasonable time so the staff can clean up and go home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.