FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA lounge access guidelines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1447371-ba-lounge-access-guidelines.html)

Andriyko Jan 23, 2014 11:34 am

Originally Posted by angatol (Post 22208612)
No it isn't. That's a different fare component you're flying on.

I agree. I am not sure if it possible to book 'U' class just between a domestic airport and LHR but all CE redemptions book into 'U' on domestic services, if there is availability, regardless of the duration of stopover. My BP was scanned and I was let in without any digging or me presenting the inbound BP (nor did I have to plead my way at EDI asking them to look it up that I am connecting to KBP the next day, all it took was a BP scan. I did not even know what the rules were.:D But I remember that the local BAEC told me that it would be treated as a business class ticket on all sectors).

layz Jan 23, 2014 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 22184053)
I must admit I've never heard of this before. Firstly why would the employer be bothered? Secondly, I cannot see how your employer would ever know you used your card against the booking, unless something really odd was going on with the management of your account.

Originally Posted by angatol (Post 22184723)
Anyone who knows a PNR and surname can query the FF# applied to the booking. At a guess, the OP's employer uses a TA who does such a check perhaps?

Once you've hit the 24 hour mark and checked in, isn't the booking then under airport control, so adding the BAEC number to your booking at the airport won't show up on any travel agent records, in other words your employer should never know, unless you've given them your BAEC website login.

Jonathan Woodcock Jan 23, 2014 3:39 pm

Thanks everyone for your excellent input! I appreciate it.

Any tips on how to mazimise my chances, other than printing the MMB page?

I feel swindled, as I selected MAN as departure, then DME as arrival and 'First' as class - I don't think I was unreasonable to expect lounge access at MAN, especially as it is around 36 hours between flights.

You First have been pretty unhelpful on the matter, although interesting that the noticed that I was originally in X, they said this was an error and then put me in U. Only then did they realise that this also wouldn't grant access and refused to change it to J - talk about small things that p**s people off! How many packets of kettle chips do they think I can guzzle in 90 mins!

Thanks again guys.

Jonathan.

redshift27 Jan 25, 2014 6:22 am

This thread seems to be running interleaved with the "Refused lounge access!" thread where it has been made clear that U class passengers are allowed lounge access, and that this is specifically documented in the internal BA lounge access guidelines, although some BA staff may not be aware of this.

Jonathan Woodcock Jan 25, 2014 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by redshift27 (Post 22219088)
This thread seems to be running interleaved with the "Refused lounge access!" thread where it has been made clear that U class passengers are allowed lounge access, and that this is specifically documented in the internal BA lounge access guidelines, although some BA staff may not be aware of this.

Thanks redshift, please could you link to this discussion and (even better) is this documentation available in the public domain somewhere? I won't hold my breath though!

golfmad Jan 26, 2014 12:17 am

Originally Posted by Jonathan Woodcock (Post 22220938)
Thanks redshift, please could you link to this discussion and (even better) is this documentation available in the public domain somewhere? I won't hold my breath though!

Jonathan, I think this is the thread referred to.

Have a look here.

Jonathan Woodcock Jan 26, 2014 5:34 am

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 22223711)
Jonathan, I think this is the thread referred to.

Have a look here.

Thanks golfmad, interesting yet inconsistent reading!

olybeast Feb 6, 2014 11:37 am

Hi Guys I have a MAN-LHR-PRG same day and then PRG-LHR-MAN same day in CE. In MMB is doesn't say if I have lounge access for the domestics? Is that new? Will they deny me? Booking class X for the domestics

Rickers Feb 6, 2014 12:27 pm

Good question Ollie ! I have had that happen when departing GLA, but they have always been fine about letting us in, but don't know about MAN.

Was this booked thru Avios or ba.com ?

olybeast Feb 6, 2014 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Rickers (Post 22299465)
Good question Ollie ! I have had that happen when departing GLA, but they have always been fine about letting us in, but don't know about MAN.

Was this booked thru Avios or ba.com ?

ba.com

I will report back after I take the trip usually on CE I'm fine outbound but have to fight my way into galleries on the way home haha

BESTEDIFLYER Feb 6, 2014 2:56 pm

Myself and Mrs. B. refused entry at South Galleries T5 yesterday on a BA U booking. Told the BA rep she was wrong and that I wanted entry on my Domestic BP not on the CE BP for the inbound flight from Rome. Asked her to get a superior so she talked to someone on the phone who was apparently as ill-informed. Lady at desk finally consulted her Lounge Guide that was lying right in front of her and attached to the front of that in full view, a printed sheet, to cut a long story short there was the confirmation of our right to access the lounge. My taking from that is BA staff don't read company memos. Her final comment why the system and BP's don't make the situation clear. I would answer that the Ladies of the lounge in Edinburgh never have the same problem. Hopefully I have added something to the training of BA staff. A final note, she commented that she could see our incoming flight on the computer so why the fuss and I still felt that it was only because of our CE flight it was OK but only just as she originally believed it was Long-haul U that got access.

Hands Mensing Feb 6, 2014 4:09 pm

I got into Galleries North on my domestic this am (connecting from a J) . Ticket was booked into C class. I could have dug in my bag for the J ticket but very nice lounge lady tapped the keys and said that she didn't need it as access rights were noted on my record.

Also a thumbs up for the wonderful lounge ladies who dealt with my missing package problem this am - they went the extra mile when they didn't have to.

olybeast Feb 7, 2014 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Hands Mensing (Post 22300823)
I got into Galleries North on my domestic this am (connecting from a J) . Ticket was booked into C class. I could have dug in my bag for the J ticket but very nice lounge lady tapped the keys and said that she didn't need it as access rights were noted on my record.

Also a thumbs up for the wonderful lounge ladies who dealt with my missing package problem this am - they went the extra mile when they didn't have to.

Thumbs up. Thanks for the recent experience at North

olybeast Feb 7, 2014 8:32 am

Originally Posted by BESTEDIFLYER (Post 22300362)
Myself and Mrs. B. refused entry at South Galleries T5 yesterday on a BA U booking. Told the BA rep she was wrong and that I wanted entry on my Domestic BP not on the CE BP for the inbound flight from Rome. Asked her to get a superior so she talked to someone on the phone who was apparently as ill-informed. Lady at desk finally consulted her Lounge Guide that was lying right in front of her and attached to the front of that in full view, a printed sheet, to cut a long story short there was the confirmation of our right to access the lounge. My taking from that is BA staff don't read company memos. Her final comment why the system and BP's don't make the situation clear. I would answer that the Ladies of the lounge in Edinburgh never have the same problem. Hopefully I have added something to the training of BA staff. A final note, she commented that she could see our incoming flight on the computer so why the fuss and I still felt that it was only because of our CE flight it was OK but only just as she originally believed it was Long-haul U that got access.

Nice one, I will stand my ground at Galleries South. They are driving away business by not being informed. (not my avios business however :))

teflon Feb 10, 2014 8:14 am

A quick question just to confirm that I'm reading the table at the top of this thread correctly...

I'm flying LHR-ORD in WT (and will be a lowly bronze by then), but then have an onward connection in AA domestic F. Does this allow access to the Flounge in London?