Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What's the WORST lounge you've been in - and why?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the WORST lounge you've been in - and why?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2013, 10:07 am

Programs: BAEC GCH, CXMP Gold, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Accor Plat, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
I give to you the hell lounge! SZX. You can smoke in there and it was like a cloud! Horrid. Not many spare seats, exceptionally loud (staff constantly walked around shouting for people who were about to miss their flights), food that made me want to gag and a drink selection best described as "limited".

It was so bad I left to go to the main terminal seating...

Old Sep 21, 2013, 11:08 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Sous-vetements civilises, BAEC Gold
On topic - BLQ is pretty dire

Off topic - has anyone managed to get into the VIP lounge at IPC? It´s a small hut in the garden outside the main terminal building.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M
Originally Posted by layz
How can they do announcements every minute? Even in T5 when the BA lounge was doing announcements due to faulty displays there announcements weren't every minute!

Were they annoying announcements of the sort we're used to in UK Railway stations, talking about unattended luggage, safety, etc?
Mostly they were about the passengers who were late for boarding - there was an EasyJet flight leaving before ours. Then there were announcements about the boarding order etc. - usual stuff they do even at LHR but there they can only be heard near the respective gate, and not in every corner of the terminal.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by Airlineanorak
OK, a few contenders for me:

GIG – I was there earlier this week. Big enough and good views of the tarmac, but the food and alcohol selection just not up to scratch for a long haul flight that departs at 22:50. You’re ‘forced’ to stay up on-board to eat, which reduces your sleeping time.

MRS – very dreary and poor food / alcohol selection

BLR – for the reasons already given. Never been the same since they removed the First Class section

SFO F Lounge – must be the most over-crowded on the network! Especially if the BA248 is delayed

I know this is controversial, but can I say ‘All AA Lounges’?
I think you might be being too generous to "all AA lounges", the Admirals Clubs are worse than that!

However, I do think you are being a bit harsh on SFO. This lounge has really good staff who go the extra mile to make the lounge experience very pleasant. I am most familiar with the F lounge and I would rate that one of the best outstations anywhere. To my mind only YVR gets near, but SFO is better.

Last edited by FrancisA; Sep 22, 2013 at 6:49 am
Old Dec 15, 2013, 2:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Thumbs down

SWMBO and I are at the ORD F Lounge having just flown in from TPA and waiting for the BA flight to LHR. I have to say it's been a while since we have been here and this lounge is just a thin corridor, hardly a lounge at all. However, just completed flight 13 of 16 of our TP run so just glad to be on the way home sometime tomorrow.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 4:35 pm

Maybe its just because I was there this morning and it is fresh in my mind but the lounge in Zagreb is pretty poor. A few armchairs, some pretzles and peanuts and one of those coffee machines that dispenses coffee in plastic cups inside the machine (like the ones you find in hospital waiting rooms).

But even a poor lounge like this serves its purpose for a 30 min wait to board...
Old Dec 15, 2013, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
I will have to say AMS Lounge with limited food/drink service (no bathroom/shower in the lounge) as well as its limited space & seating (with flights to LHR, LGW and LCY).

Probably the worst is.... its D*** FAR AWAY from the gate!
Old Dec 15, 2013, 6:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Worst this year FAO/IST/RAK - all slow to clear up/noisy/lacking in offering - the worst being IST which was also dirty. RAK was bemusing as the only food option there that appealed to my wife (a slice of cake) was denied to her by staff as "it is for later". But all of these better than LAS(Domestic) and PTY since neither of these offered any lounge option for BA Gold/Oneworld Emerald.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 7:29 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
I think my worst this year have to be LIS and RAK.
Most pleasantly surprising was probably AUH, except for some of my fellow customers in there
Old Dec 16, 2013, 1:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA lifetime gold, Marriott Rewards platinum
Almaty for a true Soviet era experience. Dark, old saggy faux leather sofas and no food, except for a (that's right, one) tired ham sandwich in the fridge. Drink (that's right, one) with a voucher. A bottle of water is the only reason for using this facility. What a contrast with Air Astana business class.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 8:57 am

Programs: alaska 75k MVP Gold, United 1k, SPG Plat
The priority pass lounge in t1 SERVISAIR LOUNGE is pretty gross and dingy! I would rate it as poorly and probably worst than some of the lounges at the Manila airport
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M FF
Catania 3rd party lounge serving BA flights last summer. Warm fridge serving as a large cupboard for nothing but coca-cola, four armchairs, one blue-screened desktop computer from 2002, and a large sign reading "NO BISCUITS".
Old Dec 19, 2013, 6:05 pm

Programs: Freedom of speech
xxxxx

Last edited by PeasantGate; May 27, 2014 at 12:45 am
Old Dec 20, 2013, 12:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver
Originally Posted by Potter
Luanda a few years back - thought the dampness on my palm was from the condensation on the tin of Cuca I had just retrieved from the fridge... no, the fridge wasn't functional and the beer was at room temperature - it was the rodent urine on the chewed packet of peanuts I'd just picked out of the basket. Further inspection of the clingfilmed sandwich display showed that they'd been nibbled too. I stuck to beer and hand sanitiser (not in the same glass).
I was going to say LAD as well a few years ago but it's improved somewhat since then. The sketchy "cold snacks" are still around which are well avoided, safer to stick to the beer. There's always the debate whether to drink straight out of the can or use one of the unwashed glasses...
Old Dec 20, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / OW Emerald
I thought PVG was bad with its convoluted wifi login process and very poor food selection.

However currently sat in STR and the only good thing about it is the free wifi...

It's tiny but thankfully only 6 of us in here.

Also if the Gentleman who is video calling his daughter right now in STR is reading this - please note that the lounge really doesn't want to hear about Mary Poppins and showing a video of the bar area doesn't help especially when shouting to the whole world about it- please be considerate and note there are more people in this lounge and not just you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.