Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Using media devices through AVOD's RCA connection - a pictorial guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using media devices through AVOD's RCA connection - a pictorial guide

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2015, 9:57 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by stealthferret
I don't like dragging up old threads, but...

If there's at seat power in F, and you can connect to the screen using RCA cables could I (in theory) take an xbox in my carry on and enjoy 8+ hrs of gaming at 37,000ft?

Or would that not work due to compatability/power issues?

(Albeit with no sound from what I can gather - 777/747)
The only issue would be the power supply and the current that the XBOX draws. A standard 208W XBOX 360 power supply would almost certainly trip the onboard power supply which is limited to 125W: http://www.britishairways.com/cms/gl...ep13_181kb.pdf
Old Mar 18, 2015, 10:39 am

I was thinking about using a US UPS. It's close but I don't think it will trip it.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Thanks for the guide. Does anyone know how to connect to the mid-range A321 sockets (the ex-BMI aircraft which fly to TLV)?

I thought the connector looked like an s-video one, but it is different. Here are some pictures:

Thanks in advance,

Michael
Old Aug 19, 2015, 9:59 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by mikebg
Thanks for the guide. Does anyone know how to connect to the mid-range A321 sockets (the ex-BMI aircraft which fly to TLV)?

I thought the connector looked like an s-video one, but it is different. Here are some pictures:
It is a Panasonic eXport proprietary connector. This is the only adaptor I can find that might work.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 4:59 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by nux
It is a Panasonic eXport proprietary connector. This is the only adaptor I can find that might work.
Is there a Panasonic eXport to RCA cable available anywhere? The cable you describe will not work with the Apple Lightning connector. I have built the cable described above, but it is the last bit that I need: the eXport to RCA bit.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive, AMEX MR
Do the new systems now allow for streaming over USB? Or still just RCA?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Thanks for all the contributors' efforts here. Not to belittle anyone, as many will find it interesting ...........
So after a 12 hour long haul, one might, just, have it going when they say "fasten seat belts for descent".
I will stick to Fire and ipad!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by bennyg2
Do the new systems now allow for streaming over USB? Or still just RCA?
Just RCA I'm afraid. The USB can be used to see photos on your phone but that's it, in other words it is just a file look up + image viewer.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:32 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Great thread and potentially useful to some.
I wonder how much use this video transfer gets IRL?

I figured out that to put my phone on I would need...
A 5 pin micro USB to HDMI powered MHL connector. (powered by USB or plug)
An HDMI to RCA cable
A male to female HDMI converter

I think I'll just read a book...
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I am not sure what device you have but you may need a Digital to Analogue convertor

Something like this

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.