Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA to resume flights to ICN

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2012, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Paralytic
I'm not sure it counts when the wealth generated is mostly borrowed from elsewhere
That's the case in the US ...
Old May 12, 2012, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by britbronco22
I suppose BA will use the CX lounge at ICN. I have a couple of pictures I will have to dig out so we can update the lounge directory
Possible, although CX have a 09:30 ICN-TPE-HKG flight, and another 10:20 ICN-HKG direct on most days. In my experience, these flights generally have decent premium loads, and thus the CX lounge may be too full to accommodate the passengers on the 10:45 BA flight.

JL, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have any NRT flights during this window, but do have their own lounge (built before they cut back their presence at ICN rather substantially), so perhaps this will make more sense for BA. Both lounges are near one-another in the satellite terminal, used by all non-Korean airlines at ICN.
Old May 12, 2012, 10:40 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by makin'miles
Possible, although CX have a 09:30 ICN-TPE-HKG flight, and another 10:20 ICN-HKG direct on most days. In my experience, these flights generally have decent premium loads, and thus the CX lounge may be too full to accommodate the passengers on the 10:45 BA flight.

JL, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have any NRT flights during this window, but do have their own lounge (built before they cut back their presence at ICN rather substantially), so perhaps this will make more sense for BA. Both lounges are near one-another in the satellite terminal, used by all non-Korean airlines at ICN.

JAL often codeshare on KE between many cities in Japan and ICN. I've been on codeshares between NRT and ICN a few times. There are some flights between HND and GMP (Gimpo) which are both closer to Tokyo and Seoul's city centres respectively
Old May 17, 2012, 7:43 am

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Anyone have info about redemptions on this route?
Old May 18, 2012, 7:30 am

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
just checked redemption is open, loads of seats available.

Over Christmas there are at least 4 seats per flight (too cold for me)

I've bagged a couple of seats for Easter break (March 2013) on a 2-4-1.

Strange is two seats have already been assigned to other people!
Old May 24, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BA, Emirates
pleasant suprise for me...being based in Seoul and with a BMI membership...and thus soon to convert to BA....was wondering how I could burn all my new Avios points and then this new route popped up.It`s about time....^
Old Jun 1, 2012, 2:39 pm

Programs: QF, SQ
BA closes KL office

I just heard that IAG will close its operations and city centre office in Kuala Lumpur along with Qantas. Citing (quote) 'intense competition in the Malaysian market' (unquote), the joint BA-QF office currently located near the Petronas Twin Towers in Rohas Perkasa Building will close by the end of June 2012.

The plan for IAG will be to employ the services of a General Sales Agent for Malaysia.

Doh! Looks like LHR-KUL will be just remain a codeshare route.

Interestingly, i hear Qantas is opening a new office however in another nearby office building next door to the Shangri-La Kuala Lumpur...
Old Jul 9, 2012, 7:08 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Malaysian16
I just heard that IAG will close its operations and city centre office in Kuala Lumpur along with Qantas. Citing (quote) 'intense competition in the Malaysian market' (unquote), the joint BA-QF office currently located near the Petronas Twin Towers in Rohas Perkasa Building will close by the end of June 2012.

The plan for IAG will be to employ the services of a General Sales Agent for Malaysia.

Interestingly, i hear Qantas is opening a new office however in another nearby office building next door to the Shangri-La Kuala Lumpur...
It's a shame, however once MH joins OW, I would choose to fly MH over BA anyway
Old Jul 13, 2012, 5:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Malaysian16

MAS is joining OW soon so it wont matter
Old Nov 23, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: QFF
There is BA signage up at ICN, was wondering when the flights started.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Himeno
There is BA signage up at ICN, was wondering when the flights started.
2nd December I believe.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
I flew to KL with BA in 1997 and the 747 was continuing to Jakarta. As both Seoul & KL have been resumed .. how about Jakarta ? Any thoughts?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
I flew to KL with BA in 1997 and the 747 was continuing to Jakarta. As both Seoul & KL have been resumed .. how about Jakarta ? Any thoughts?
of the up and coming destinations I think Saigon is more likely than CGK
Old Nov 18, 2019, 4:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
of the up and coming destinations I think Saigon is more likely than CGK
I was searching for a thread speculating on possible new or resumed destinations but couldn’t find anything..
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
BA did all sorts of 5th freedom flights with their 747s in the late 90s - I did one in 1998 LHR-HKG-MNL! With a few exceptions, I think BA's model now is much more "rely on code-share agreements" to take passengers onwards to more niche destinations, and they seem to already serve CGK with connections via DOH, HKG and KUL. I can't see a BA frame appearing in CGK any time soon to be honest.
DoctorCopper likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.