FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Long queues at T5 border control (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1335455-long-queues-t5-border-control.html)

UKtravelbear Jul 11, 2012 8:08 am

And what is the latest proposal in Parliament today?

Not to do anything about real about staffing levels and queues (except to create a new 3rd one for passport holders of the 15 other countries of which the Queen is Queen of) but to put up a picture of the Queen and display the Union Flag up in all ports of entry!

Ten minute rule Motion

1 UNITED KINGDOM BORDERS [Up to 20 minutes]

Andrew Rosindell

That leave be given to bring in a Bill to allow subjects of Her Majesty’s realms to enter the United Kingdom through a dedicated channel at international terminals, to ensure that all points of entry to the United Kingdom at airports, ports and terminals display prominently a portrait of Her Majesty as Head of State, the Union Flag and other national symbols; to rename and re-establish the UK Border Agency as ‘Her Majesty’s Border Police’; and to enhance the Agency’s powers to protect and defend the borders of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

businesstraveller Jul 11, 2012 8:28 am

I'm curious to know if the experience is significantly improved if you're arriving on F class. I've found that to be a great advantage when at mainland Europe and SE Asian airports previously as the 'Diplomatic Isle' does seem to beat the 'Fast Track Isle' hands down.
Alas I'm guessing that the staff at Heathrow have created what could be (euphemistically) called a more egalitarian system of late - 'crap for one, crap for all'...

stimpy Jul 11, 2012 8:57 am

Originally Posted by businesstraveller (Post 18909481)
Alas I'm guessing that the staff at Heathrow have created what could be (euphemistically) called a more egalitarian system of late - 'crap for one, crap for all'...

Indeed that is the case. No benefits for First class at the border.

AlwaysOnTheRoad Jul 11, 2012 9:00 am

I am almost afraid to ask. What can I expect arriving at T5 from Madrid at 3:35 PM. Fly Club but I understand that Fast Track closes at 3 PM.

harlequine Jul 11, 2012 9:07 am

Originally Posted by businesstraveller (Post 18909481)
I'm curious to know if the experience is significantly improved if you're arriving on F class. I've found that to be a great advantage when at mainland Europe and SE Asian airports previously as the 'Diplomatic Isle' does seem to beat the 'Fast Track Isle' hands down.

Nope. Its Fast track for First, Clubworld and Gold Card holders. Unfortunately Fast Track is still full with a lot of flights landing at the same time.

Also Fast Track is 6am - 1pm only.:(

harlequine Jul 11, 2012 9:08 am

Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad (Post 18909718)
I am almost afraid to ask. What can I expect arriving at T5 from Madrid at 3:35 PM. Fly Club but I understand that Fast Track closes at 3 PM.

Fast Track closed at 1pm last Thursday.

Mart81 Jul 11, 2012 9:21 am

T5 took ~30 min last night @ 11pm with E-gates closed.. :td:

thegoderic Jul 11, 2012 9:40 am

Originally Posted by surturminn (Post 18900909)
Are you serious :confused: Whilst the chaos at T5 is pretty unacceptable, have you ever had the pleasure of arriving into the good old US of A as an alien?......1.5 hours is nothing:rolleyes:

Surprisingly (and I'm certainly not complaining), I arrived in LAX - notorious for long queues last week and had a choice of 6 agents with no-one to deal with.

Through in about 3 minutes flat.

T8191 Jul 11, 2012 10:13 am

At IAD I've had anything from <5 minutes to >60 minutes. Typically <30 these days, on the BA217 arrival at 1300-ish.
Depends on which International flight gets to Immigration first!

At LHR, on a UK chipped passport at 06**, never more than 10 mins and usually <5.

Jagboi Jul 11, 2012 11:07 am

They delays are getting international press, certainly not good for Britain's image: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle4405234/

oxtailsoup Jul 11, 2012 11:09 am

I will be arriving into T5 from JNB and then transferring to a domestic BA flight to MAN.

Is this a different route through passport control at T5 and how does it compare queue wise ?

stimpy Jul 11, 2012 11:15 am

Originally Posted by oxtailsoup (Post 18910568)
I will be arriving into T5 from JNB and then transferring to a domestic BA flight to MAN.

Is this a different route through passport control at T5 and how does it compare queue wise ?

I asked the same question just above in post #763. But yes it is a different route. We'll see how the queues are. I'm doing in next week.

LTN Phobia Jul 11, 2012 11:26 am

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 18910614)
I asked the same question just above in post #763. But yes it is a different route. We'll see how the queues are. I'm doing in next week.

See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18859760-post770.html

To give you further info, at the time of my arrival on 2nd July, flight connection queues for UK domestic connection seemed much worse than the one for simply entering the country. It might have been that there was a large group connecting somewhere in the UK which may have contributed to the queues though.

oxtailsoup Jul 11, 2012 11:28 am

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 18910614)

I will report back on Friday morning then with my experience :)

Fly Baby Jul 11, 2012 12:21 pm

Arrived at 7.35am last Monday from JFK (B gate) - was transferring to AMS flight which was due to leave at 8.30am (gate closing 8.15am) Long queue at Fast Track but I spoke to a BAA lady and such lifted up the tensa barrier and stuck me in the "diplomats" queue - something called Express Connect I think? Can't quite remember the name on the red board but it was something like that.

Short queue at security screening but made it back to B gate in time for leisurely boarding. But will maybe leave more time between flights next time...