Wiki Posts
Search

MMB upgrade offer CW to F

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2011, 2:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Silver, Flying Blue Silver
MMB upgrade offer CW to F

Merry Christmas all! I'm on the 269 on 29th Dec in CW. MMB is showing, currently, a blank 'option' to upgrade (the price is not currently showing.)

Can anyone tell me whether or not F is full or quiet; if an option to upgrade to F will become available, and, if so, how much is it likely to cost on the LAX route.

Many thanks to you all once again!
Old Dec 25, 2011, 3:01 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
I had a similar message for a redemption LHR <> JNB in July a couple of days ago. It vanished smartly to be replaced by a "On-line checkin is open." message. For a July flight - I think not!
Old Dec 25, 2011, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Whilst I agree that you need to know how full F is to know what may happen, it also depends on revenue management and what they release.

I cannot help on the load, as I do not have expertflyer or such like. I am sure someone with it will be along in a minute.

However, just to tell you my recent Chritmas related experience. I flew LHR-JNB on 23 December. F was showing no reward availability for months. A week before it showed a single seat. I spoke to BAEC at that time and they said that they were still showing 6 seats for sale (not necessarily meaning 6 unsold seats in the cabin). Two days out a second reward seat opened up. I of course grabbed both and had a very nice F flight. Christmas it seems did come early for me at least

On that basis I would give BAEC a ring when they are next open. You never know what you might get. By the way, I presume that the CW tickets are not rewards or MFUs, in which an MFU might be a good option if available?
Old Dec 25, 2011, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Yes! I'm getting the OLCI is open message 4 days before my flight!!
Old Dec 25, 2011, 3:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FrancisA
Whilst I agree that you need to know how full F is to know what may happen, it also depends on revenue management and what they release.

I cannot help on the load, as I do not have expertflyer or such like. I am sure someone with it will be along in a minute.

However, just to tell you my recent Chritmas related experience. I flew LHR-JNB on 23 December. F was showing no reward availability for months. A week before it showed a single seat. I spoke to BAEC at that time and they said that they were still showing 6 seats for sale (not necessarily meaning 6 unsold seats in the cabin). Two days out a second reward seat opened up. I of course grabbed both and had a very nice F flight. Christmas it seems did come early for me at least

On that basis I would give BAEC a ring when they are next open. You never know what you might get. By the way, I presume that the CW tickets are not rewards or MFUs, in which an MFU might be a good option if available?
Thanks for that. I'm travelling on a paid ticket. I realise that it's down to revenue management. I'm just hoping that I'll get lucky and score a relatively inexpensive upgrade to F. I've heard of them being offered for as little as £250, CW to F. I'll see what emerges when OLCI opens. Thanks again.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

£399 or £449 is the norm. J to F offered far less frequently so expect it not to appear.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 3:47 am

Programs: BA gold
Meanwhile my MMB is offering me to upgrade with either miles or cash from J to F for an upcoming LHR-SIN trip, yet clicking through, I have to call a service centre as the website is unable to process my booking. A tad frustrating as I cannot telephone anyway.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Does anyone know whether or not any option to upgrade will appear in MMB before OLCI or will I have to wait? Thanks.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 11:14 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by simonnewby
Does anyone know whether or not any option to upgrade will appear in MMB before OLCI or will I have to wait? Thanks.
Sometimes appears before (or even 'often'), and sometimes it seems to appear at OLCI.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 11:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
£399 or £449 is the norm. J to F offered far less frequently so expect it not to appear.
that sounds like an amazing price
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OxonCantab
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
that sounds like an amazing price
Just enquirer at MAN and there are 9 seats available in F for my flight tomorrow. Price is £399. Just called YouFirst and the BA269 to LAX will have NF! A result, methinks!
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by simonnewby
Just enquirer at MAN and there are 9 seats available in F for my flight tomorrow. Price is £399. Just called YouFirst and the BA269 to LAX will have NF! A result, methinks!
Have a great trip!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.