FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Lloyds Avios credit cards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1279751-lloyds-avios-credit-cards.html)

dark_horse Feb 17, 2012 2:19 am

Originally Posted by PanGalactic (Post 18025861)
I would lay money on it that if you call that number to continue the application they will have no clue about the Avios.com 10x offer and sign you up for their inferior 10,000 for £500 a month for 3 months spend offer.

If I took that bet, there's little doubt I would lose. :)

Thankfully the process went through this morning. I noticed that they didn't ask me about Sentinal card protection yesterday, whereas it was on the form today, so I suspect the back-end process fell over when it thought I hadn't answered the question properly.

PanGalactic Feb 17, 2012 7:02 pm

Latest event in the story of Mrs P's Lloyds Avios Premier Duo 10x bonus offer saga is....

Her old "Platinum" card has disappeared from her online banking

Looks like something is going on now at least.

Stay tuned for next weeks episode!

cmcbugg Feb 18, 2012 5:36 am

Lloyds avios card - a good experience for a change

I applied for the Avios Lloyds card and was rejected. Like many people here just assumed it was down to holding too many credit cards which I pay off in full each month.

My partner applied (on a far lower salary, and holding far fewer cards), and was approved. From submitting the application to receiving the cards was about two weeks. Today, 2 days after the statement date, 12.5x miles have actually appeared in the Avios account. Just amazed that it actually all worked so flawlessly on this application, when there seem to be some many problems for other people with this promotion.

northernvilla Feb 18, 2012 5:39 am

Have many people had their bonuses credited to the Avios account?

What has the general feedback from Lloyds been in recent weeks, I phoned them after my first statment did not post the correct amount and got the usual, "we are working through a long list of accounts and do not have a solution" bla bla bla.

Any recent updates would be appreciated. Feels as if it was just a complete con.

NV

Olly- Feb 18, 2012 5:39 am

Originally Posted by northernvilla (Post 18038680)
Have many people had their bonuses credited to the Avios account?

What has the general feedback from Lloyds been in recent weeks, I phoned them after my first statment did not post the correct amount and got the usual, "we are working through a long list of accounts and do not have a solution" bla bla bla.

Any recent updates would be appreciated. Feels as if it was just a complete con.

NV

No bonus here, base miles credited to Avios on 6th February.

britbronco22 Feb 18, 2012 6:30 am

After waiting nearly a month for my first set of bonus miles, the bonus for the second statement has posted after just 4 days. I've now racked up over 200k of Avios from this promo :)

dddc Feb 18, 2012 6:57 am

Double bonus points on Amextoptreats website

Just made a pre-theatre dinner booking for tonight. I normally book via Toptable.com, but checked the Amex version - amextoptreats.co.uk

My restaurant of choice was on there, so I booked and saw this come up:

In order to receive double your usual rewards (e.g. points, miles or cashback) on payment for your restaurant booking, you must supply your American Express Cardnumber. American Express will use your Cardnumber to process double rewards on all eligible payments for restaurant bookings. American Express will also share your Cardnumber with your Card Issuer for analysis of this promotion. American Express will not share you Cardnumber with toptable or the restaurant.
When this was launched last year, I got a mailshot from Amex about my my BAPP card, but the T&Cs then stated the bonus ended in December. Checked the current T&C's and found:

When a Cardmember books a restaurant reservation through amextoptreats.co.uk and makes a transaction using their American Express® Card at the booked restaurant by midnight on 31 March 2012, they will earn double Rewards points at double the usual rate for the Card and/or in the enrolled reward currency associated with that Card. American Express® Charge Cards will receive Membership Rewards Points, Harrods Cards will receive Harrods Rewards points, Nectar Credit Cards will receive Nectar points, British Airways American Express® Cards will receive Avios, American Express® Credit Cards will receive either Membership Rewards Points, cashback or Blue Sky points (depending on enrolled currency), BMA Services American Express® Credit Cards will receive cashback. Virgin Atlantic American Express®; Credit Cards from MBNA will receive Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles, bmi American Express® Credit Cards from MBNA will receive bmi destinations miles, Miles & More American Express® Credit Cards from MBNA will receive Miles & More award miles, MBNA American Express® Credit Cards will receive MBNA Reward Points, United Mileage Plus American Express® Credit Cards from MBNA will receive United Mileage Plus miles, MBNA American Express® Credit Card with cash will receive cash back and Lloyds TSB Avios Duo American Express® Cards will receive Avios.
I'm still in my first Lloyds billing cycle so will be interested to see how these appear. but it will be interesting to see if they double my 10x bonus or the base purchase amount!! I may be tempted by dessert now, as long as I'm not running late for the Opera! :D

PanGalactic Feb 18, 2012 7:09 am

Originally Posted by dddc (Post 18038879)
Just made a pre-theatre dinner booking for tonight. I normally book via Toptable.com, but checked the Amex version - amextoptreats.co.uk

<snip>
Lloyds TSB Avios Duo American Express® Cards will receive Avios.

Well spotted! ;)

I love top treats, when it works, however it has failed to give me double Avios on my BAPP a few times, seemingly whenever the bill is a large one, ie: £200-600 which meant I had to call Amex and ask for it. Got it in the end though! (I always do ;))

I wonder what it would be like trying to query this with Lloyds, they would deny all knowledge I expect :mad:

moore1984 Feb 19, 2012 4:53 am

Overpayment on Card

I am currently awaiting my card but I have received notice of my credit limit.

I have been given a lousy credit limit. I need to put through a euro transaction which is £500 higher than the limit.

Does anyone know if the card will allow me to overpay, thereby increasing my credit limit for a short period?

Thanks as always.

(P.S I know that this is referred to above but it doesn't actually say whether or not this is possible)

Olly- Feb 19, 2012 4:56 am

Originally Posted by moore1984 (Post 18043177)

I have been given a lousy credit limit. I need to put through a euro transaction which is £500 higher than the limit.

Does anyone know if the card will allow me to overpay, thereby increasing my credit limit for a short period?

Thanks as always.

(P.S I know that this is referred to above but it doesn't actually say whether or not this is possible)

I was told it was okay to do by call centre staff, and put it in credit by £1500 to buy a train season ticket - the transaction went through fine and the card hasn't been blocked or anything over two weeks later so I'd say you'll be fine.

I did read the terms and conditions and couldn't see anything specific about putting the account in to credit.

Disco Volante Feb 19, 2012 5:18 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by moore1984

Thanks as always.

It allows you to make payments mid-cycle, clearing your balance, so that you can exceed the limit over the month, but I don't know if it allows you to overpay.

moore1984 Feb 19, 2012 5:29 am

Originally Posted by Disco Volante (Post 18043242)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

It allows you to make payments mid-cycle, clearing your balance, so that you can exceed the limit over the month, but I don't know if it allows you to overpay.

I will pay be paying mid-cycle as well. I just have one large transaction that actually exceeds the full credit limit on the card.

LHRFlyer Feb 19, 2012 7:03 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-gb; GT-I9100 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I've had my card for a month and the first base points have posted but not the 10x bonus. called Lloyds and told they are looking at whether I am eligible due to having airmiles card previously. Has anyone managed to get the bonus even where they were told they were not eligible? I think the t&c are ambiguous as they aren't clear that having a previous card is relevant. they only refer to taking out the avios card then cancelling and reapplying. just interested whether I can push the fact that I feel it is not clear that a previous airmiles card counts should I get refused the bonus.

cheers.

janed9388 Feb 19, 2012 9:01 am

Originally Posted by moore1984 (Post 18043177)

I haven't actually gone into credit yet, but I have to send them money every week practically to keep on using mine due to a rubbish credit limit. I just set up a money transfer from my bank using their account no & sort code, and with the credit card number as a reference. If you were to do that a couple of days before your big payment, I can't see it would be an issue.

SteveF Feb 20, 2012 2:17 am

Originally Posted by janed9388 (Post 18043918)
I haven't actually gone into credit yet, but I have to send them money every week practically to keep on using mine due to a rubbish credit limit. I just set up a money transfer from my bank using their account no & sort code, and with the credit card number as a reference. If you were to do that a couple of days before your big payment, I can't see it would be an issue.

If your bank does "faster payments" it will probably go through in a few hours. Mine did.