FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Lloyds Avios credit cards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1279751-lloyds-avios-credit-cards.html)

britbronco22 Sep 18, 2012 4:12 am

Originally Posted by britbronco22 (Post 19328665)
Oh dear, I'm starting to get the feeling this double points promo could get messy

My fears were unfounded, the double Avios bonus has now hit my account.

The amount is close enough for my liking. I had a €1,700 charge on 30th July, which posted on August 1st which I thought I might have to fight for, but I'm pleased to say it is included. Strangely they seem to have missed off 3 transactions from July 27th, even though they posted on July 30th! They are too small to worry about though.

Olly- Sep 18, 2012 6:20 am

No bonus showing here yet, although I'm not expecting much.

louie-m Sep 18, 2012 7:01 am

Originally Posted by Olly- (Post 19335726)
No bonus showing here yet, although I'm not expecting much.

Ditto. Expecting about 1,400 I think.

KiliMan Sep 18, 2012 7:19 am

Mine have just posted (yesterday). A few thousand so well worthwhile (and a nice new cooker to show for it!)

loyaltypointschaser Sep 21, 2012 7:01 am

Originally Posted by britbronco22 (Post 19328665)
Oh dear, I'm starting to get the feeling this double points promo could get messy

Checked my Avios account and the credit card statement which has just arrived...No double points yet & they have not posted my June's missing 10x Avios either! :mad:

Called Lloyds re my missing 10x Avios, they said it is Avios fault for not posting it, and of course Avios said Lloyds have not send them the detail!!

As for the double points, Lloyds said it will be posted by 30th, which I now very much doubt it.

smckay Sep 23, 2012 2:55 am

Im not sure if this has been posted earlier in the thread, or if it deserves its own thread but;

I got this card for the bonus but due to my spend I ended up with the 241 voucher.

I am at a loss as to how the available flights are found. If I do a search for flights using reward flight saver/avios LHR-MAD 050213 - 100213 it shows plenty of seats throughout the day.

now when I search using the voucher; sorry no flights found! :mad:

PanGalactic Sep 23, 2012 3:04 am

Originally Posted by smckay (Post 19367642)
Im not sure if this has been posted earlier in the thread, or if it deserves its own thread but;

I got this card for the bonus but due to my spend I ended up with the 241 voucher.

I am at a loss as to how the available flights are found. If I do a search for flights using reward flight saver/avios LHR-MAD 050213 - 100213 it shows plenty of seats throughout the day.

now when I search using the voucher; sorry no flights found! :mad:

Weird!

If you log in and search/find the flights you want, when you click through to the payment page, a popup should appear asking you if you want to use your voucher.

Alternatively you could phone Avios.com, I believe they don't charge fees to book over the phone. If they say they do, you should be able to get the fee waived anyway as the website isn't working as expected.

smckay Sep 23, 2012 3:21 am

^ I'll give it a go

smckay Oct 2, 2012 3:02 am

That didnt work - went through a normal booking and at no point did it ask if I wanted to use my voucher.

I guess i'll have to call them

PanGalactic Oct 2, 2012 4:25 am

Just a quick data point, which I'm sure will get buried on this thread but anyway......

My LTSBPDA 241 companion voucher appears to have posted yesterday or today, even though my statement is not due until next week, however the validity period says 01/09/2012-01/10/2013 which is strange as I didn't even make the spend that took me over £15K until the 21/09/2012 and it posted to my account on 25/09/2012 :rolleyes:

stifle Oct 2, 2012 6:00 am

It's got the right length of validity, quit whining :D

Traveloguy Oct 6, 2012 6:01 am

As expected, the Lloyds bonus miles never posted from the July offer. Several emails from Avios later including one suggesting they were not to post till end of October (thankfully we took a PDF of the offer which clearly states September) and the bonus miles were finally posted to the account.

My partner called Lloyds today to close the account. Seems Lloyds were not even vaguely interested in fighting to keep us which was rather telling despite spending tens of thousands in a relatively short space of time. All I can say is good riddance. Dreadful bank which I hate to admit especially whilst I own a chunk of shares in the place, and keen for them to sort themselves out. Personally I would have thought we were target market customers. No debt minus mortgage and always pay on time. The only negative mark was that we exceeded our measly limit on the Lloyds card for a total of 2 days which we were slapped with a 'fine' for.

Really hoping that BA dump Lloyds and hand their programme across to MBNA who are truly fantastic. I know some people have had bad experienced with MBNA but I have to state I have found them absolutely stellar over the past 8 or so years I have had their cards.

dddc Oct 7, 2012 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Traveloguy (Post 19447611)

Really hoping that BA dump Lloyds and hand their programme across to MBNA who are truly fantastic. I know some people have had bad experienced with MBNA but I have to state I have found them absolutely stellar over the past 8 or so years I have had their cards.

+1^

MBNA have been good. I do think they aren't as good as they used to be, but still way better than LTSB. I had to tell them to split my stupidly high BMI card limit so I could get an AAdvantage card. (Thanks to advice from here!)

I'm just wondering what will happen to all us BMI MC holders on 1.5pts per £ in the future. I don't need the LTSB card which only gets me 1.25pts per £ for £50 Annual Fee (or the Amex BAPP at £150 unless aiming for a 2-4-1). It's been very handy having the MC for when they don't take Amex. (and I'm not sure I'd want a 2-4-1 if it can only be used for Y travel)

COOLIO Oct 11, 2012 12:49 pm

I have ended up with a credit on my card and really do not want to spend on the card. I am guessing I can call up and get the balance transferred to my current account. What happens to the miles though?

teflon Oct 13, 2012 10:31 am

Originally Posted by PanGalactic (Post 18930606)
Has ANYONE had any Westfield 2x points or Amextoptreats 2x points yet?

At last!
I called to enquire about the missing Westfield points about three weeks ago, and they went and had a look into it. Just noticed that they posted on my account a few days ago - about 100 points short of what I was expecting. As yet, I've not had any communication to tell me that they're there, or perhaps how they calculated them.

Now I've spent my £80 this quarter (for the 2000 point 'new way to collect' bonus), is there really any point in hanging onto this card? Most of my spend recently has been on the bmi cards, so I'm unlikely to reach the a 241 - it's just the nagging feeling that a cracking promo will come along just after I close it...