Search

2 q. regarding mixed BA/AA redemption

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2011, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Question 2 q. regarding mixed BA/AA redemption

Hi,

2 questions concerning a combined BA TATL + AA domestic redemption:

1. When booking a trip LCY-JFK, will an onward journey on domestic AA be in C or in F?

2. (new trip) When I would like to make the trip LAX - LAS(due to availability just in Y) LAX-LHR (in F), will I have
a) Lounge access in LAX and
b) baggage allowance according to TATL-BA-F on my short AA-Y-leg?

Kexbox
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Just for your information:

BAEC told me:

- no lounge at LAX
- just y-allowance on the Y-AA-leg

But is that really correct?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:47 am

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
Hello,

I've a mixture of BA F, 2xAA Domestic F and AA Domestic Y on one ticket issued by BA.

All flights show as having a 3 baggage allowance per person. According to https://www.britishairways.com/trave...k/public/en_gb

Baggage allowances on other airlines

If your booking includes flights on an airline other than British Airways, your baggage allowance may differ from the British Airways allowances shown.

For bookings made on or after 19 May 2011, the baggage allowance for your whole journey will be shown on your booking confirmation and e-ticket, and on Manage My Booking on ba.com.

For bookings made before 19 May 2011, the baggage allowance for your flights operated by British Airways will be shown on your booking confirmation and e-ticket, and on Manage My Booking on ba.com. Please contact the other airline for information about their baggage allowances.

There is then a link to https://www.britishairways.com/jba/a...cess%20Baggage giving you More Detail on connecting with AA.

If you have OneWorld Status flying with AA you (and anyone else on the ticket) also get extra baggage allowance here

Lounge
If you are flying LAX to LHR in F then you can enjoy the OneWorld Lounge and the First class section. Details of the lounge and access policies are here in the lounge directory
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BugAlugs
Lounge
If you are flying LAX to LHR in F then you can enjoy the OneWorld Lounge and the First class section. Details of the lounge and access policies are here in the lounge directory
Hi and thank you

I am flying LAX-LAS on AA in Y
and onward LAS-LHR on BA in F (all in one reservation)
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"I am flying LAX-LAS on AA in Y
and onward LAS-LHR on BA in F (all in one reservation)"

You might want to correct your first post to reflect your true itinerary.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"When booking a trip LCY-JFK, will an onward journey on domestic AA be in C or in F?"

Does your AA flight offer C? If so, you will be seated in C; if not, you will be seated in F, provided that you book the award by telephone, and the AA segment is shorter than the LCY-JFK segment. As far as I know, the longest AA domestic flight from JFK is under 3,000 miles, so that should not be an issue for you.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
Does your AA flight offer C? If so, you will be seated in C; if not, you will be seated in F,
Hi,
there is no F/C-availability on that flight, BAEC could just put me into the Y cabin.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Not sure if you were planning to do cash & miles here, but I was told it wasn't possible if there was a Y sector in there. I'd managed it previously on an F domestic, C TATL, but when I tried for a F TATL, short hop in AA Y then onward in AA F, I could only do a straight miles award.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
Not sure if you were planning to do cash & miles here, but I was told it wasn't possible if there was a Y sector in there. I'd managed it previously on an F domestic, C TATL, but when I tried for a F TATL, short hop in AA Y then onward in AA F, I could only do a straight miles award.
Hi,
I am talking about a miles-only redemption. Look i.e. at this routing:
http://awesomescreenshot.com/022npaz84
Old Nov 5, 2011, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by kexbox
Hi,
I am talking about a miles-only redemption. Look i.e. at this routing:
http://awesomescreenshot.com/022npaz84
If that's your actual routing then you must be mad! I wouldn't want to try and make that connection as you have two highly variable factors in there - the border controls on arrival and the traffic for having to get from one side of New York to the other. Oh, and it'll cost you a chunk of change for the transfer to boot!

Needless to say if you're doing straight miles, my earlier point is redundant.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Thanks for that comment; That is not my routing, it was just an example to show what I am looking for:

AA Y + BA F in one miles-only Booking.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kexbox
Thanks for that comment; That is not my routing, it was just an example to show what I am looking for:

AA Y + BA F in one miles-only Booking.
If your domestic AA flight is on American Eagle, be aware that all Eagle flights, except those operated with CR7 equipment, have only one cabin (Coach).
Old Nov 5, 2011, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
The back-and-forth on this is a bit confusing but let me attempt to clarify what I believe the OP is asking:

1. If you are inbound on CW LCY on a business class award you will be in business on a three-class AA plane and first on a two-class AA plane. So if you're flying JFK-LAX it will be C, if you're flying JFK-LAS it will be F.

2. If LAX-LAS-LHR is using LAS as a connection vs. a stopover you should have lounge access at LAX. OW rules are pretty clear about what happens when flying a short haul in Y to connect to a long haul in C/F. If you are connecting you should have access to the Flagship Lounge at LAX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.