Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Securing a seat for a non-status passenger

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2011, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGLfL, ex-EK IO, IC Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, Amex Centurion
Securing a seat for a non-status passenger

Hi,

I am due to travel with a colleague on the same flight, but on different bookings. I am in First and he is in Club. As a Blue member he has to pay to preassign a seat.

I am convinced that I read on FT only a couple of weeks ago that a GGL member can request seats on behalf of another passenger regardless of class or booking ref so long as they are travelling on the same flight as the GGL member. In fact, I'm convinced there was even a link to a BA website for the travel industry that gives details to to the travel agent on how to do it......

Please forgive me if I am going made or totally incorrect, but could someone help me out?

The GGL tell me that we have to be in the same cabin.......I'm sure they are wrong!

Thanks in advance,

GGL Flyer
Old Nov 14, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
The relevant information is here: http://www.speedbirdclub.com/en/rese.../baseatreqinf/

Please note that you cannot "confirm" specific seats - i.e. they will not show up online - it is only a request.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 9:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Comment deleted as I clearly can't read properly.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:18 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Comment deleted as I clearly can't read properly.
Try SpecSavers!
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by GGL Flyer
The GGL tell me that we have to be in the same cabin.......I'm sure they are wrong!
They are right.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by DWFI
You've got to love some of those GDS entries. I particularly like the one that looks suspiciously like a teenagers text message or tweet!

=:3OSI BA TOGT.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:53 am

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Crikes, that's all about as clear as mud.
Methinks there is some actual benefit to being a 'GOLD' tied up in all that gobbledegook but can't work out what that is.

Looks far better to put things on the same PNR whenever poss.
In the OPs situation may well be best to make the most of the CCR guesting, as even if a pre-selected seat can be held for now it would be a very risky 'promise' to pass on to a colleague.
Is the nearest CW seat to 1A, 60B?
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by littlefish
Is the nearest CW seat to 1A, 60B?
No, it will be a seat in the downstairs CW cabin. This could be immediately behind F if it a High-J aircraft, or behind the WT+ cabin if Mid-J.

And yes I do need to go to Specsavers!
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:39 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-gb; HTC Wildfire 2.24.161.2 Build/FRG83D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I've had no problem doing this as a bog-standard Gold, but only within the same cabin
Old Nov 15, 2011, 2:21 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
My experience is that you need to be in the same cabin.

I often phone up to get my wife seated next to me in row 1 in CE, when she's on a different PNR.

I think the 'perk' is just that, the ability to seat a non status PAX next to you, not to be able to select an attractive seat elsewhere.

bjorns
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGLfL, ex-EK IO, IC Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, Amex Centurion
As always, you're a helpful bunch! Many thanks to you all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.