Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA fees when booking on AA using BA miles???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2011, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

I'm looking to book LAX (or SNA) -> CDG using BA miles, on an AA flight. Will I be charged with BA's rediculous fuel surcharge and additional fees, even though I am flying on AA? The fuel surcharge alone if I was flying BA was going to be $470/ticket, while the additional fees/taxes for flying on AA were only $110/ticket when I did a dummy booking on AA's site.

Also, I can't find an AA option for the flight on BA's website. Is calling the BAEC my only option here?
Old Jul 28, 2011, 4:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by ocquattro
Also, I can't find an AA option for the flight on BA's website. Is calling the BAEC my only option here?
Best way to search for AA flights is to join AA Advantage and search for availability. If the flight is available for Milesaver Awards Redemption then you should be able to book it on BA using BA Miles.

If BA has flight availability for the same route and date that is what you will be offered.

If BA does not have flight availability for a route and date it will give you an option to search partner airlines. You can then search forward and backward dates

Last edited by TOMSURFER; Jul 28, 2011 at 4:19 pm
Old Jul 28, 2011, 4:35 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by ocquattro
I'm looking to book LAX (or SNA) -> CDG using BA miles, on an AA flight. Will I be charged with BA's ridiculous fuel surcharge and additional fees, even though I am flying on AA? The fuel surcharge alone if I was flying BA was going to be $470/ticket, while the additional fees/taxes for flying on AA were only $110/ticket when I did a dummy booking on AA's site.

I'm sorry - having worked so hard undertaking all those BA flights to earn the number of miles you have I can understand how disappointing it must be to you, as a loyal BA customer, to have to pay these charges.

I hope you find what you deserve.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 4:55 pm

Dear God.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...s-so-high.html

If you're heading to Paris, why not route via EWR on www.flyopenskies.com
Old Jul 28, 2011, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1) You are using BA miles, what AA taxes is when using AA miles has absolutely no relevance here.

2) Yes, you will pay the same YQ when you fly AA TATL using BA miles.

3) You will get no sympathy or much of help here on BA forum when you come here asking questions without doing much of your homework, or dont even understand the basic of how FF programs work - such as AA charges much lower taxes than BA, blah blah blah. especially the BA flyers who based in UK dont have such an easy way to rack up CC bonus miles.

4) If you find AA Saaver award availability on AA website but BA does not show it, yes, calling is your only option.

It must be Saaver award. Anytime award on AA website does not apply just so you know.

And you will still pay the $400ish YQ even flying AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.