Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA on the BIG screen (or small screen if you're watching on-board)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jimmie76
Fish Called Wanda, Film
Parent Trap, Film
Coming to America, Film
Three Men and a Baby, Film
Die Another Day, Film
The Holiday, Film
2012, Film
Valentine's Day, Film
Golden Eye, Film
Airport 79, Film
Mission Impossible, Film
The VIPs, Film
Paper Tiger, Film
The Games, Film
Perfect Friday, Film
Frost/Nixon, Film
Local Hero, Film
Nuns on the Run, Film
Snatch, Film
Proof Of Life, Film
The Hunt For Red October, Film
Stormbreaker, Film
Moonraker, Film
Pushing Tin, Film
Fierce Creatures, Film
The Wild Geese, Film
Philomena, Film
The Counsellor, Film
Argo, Film
The Wife, Film

Dangermouse, TV
Worzel Gummidge, TV
Bergerac, TV
Spooks, TV
Family Guy, TV
My Big Fat Greek Wedding, TV
Duty Free, TV
Extreme Fishing, TV
Air Crash Investigation - Various, TV
Doctor Who - TV (in the old series, Concorde disapears and the the doctor is to blame)
Two and a Half Men, TV
Bullseye TV (BA were featured as part of Bully's star prize)
Blockbusters TV (BA Concorde trip was part of one of the first series Gold Run prizes)
The Knock, TV
Michael Palin: Around the World in 80 Days TV (A BA 747 appears in the sequence before Michael starts his trip)
QE2 Cruise Ship, Warship, Money Pit. TV (BA and Concorde were shown through their tie up with the infamous liner.)
Jumbo: The Plane that Changed the World. TV (BA are shown in a segment as a big customer for the plane).

The Professionals (Close Quarters) TV

Print Wikipost

BA on the BIG screen (or small screen if you're watching on-board)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2015, 3:21 am

OT but I (regrettably) watched "A Bunch of Amateurs" the other day and VS had clearly paid for some very overt product placement in there, trying to highlight their 'glamour' image.

A poor decision on their part as it was truly one of the worst films I've ever seen. Horrifically bad. BA did well not to feature in that one.
Old May 12, 2015, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by joejones
IIRC, the first Mission Impossible movie with Tom Cruise had him flying in BA F, and he received a message in the form of an old-school IFE cassette tape which he popped into the armrest.
You're right and it has been mentioned in this thread already which means it should deffo be in the list . Will edit it in now.
Old May 12, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Watched the new film "Spooks: A Greater Good" last night and T5 is featured in a few scenes. Discrepancies with real-world T5 were there however, T5B is accessible without going through Security to name just one. Fairly sure I saw Little Red as well - perhaps a heyday to when it was filmed sometime ago?

Still a pretty good film though!
Old Jun 6, 2015, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Not BA, but a BEA Viscount G-AMOF in The Man Who Knew Too Much.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 6:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Silver, A Club
Not sure if this helps at all - http://www.impdb.org/index.php?title...Plane_Database

Came up on Vancouver Airport's FB feed recently
Old Apr 4, 2016, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Bullseye had a trip to the West Coast of the USA on BA as the Star Prize hiding behind Bully.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BA appear a few times in the Knock which is a TV drama about Her Majesty's Customs and Excise.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Footage of a BA 747 taking off appears in the sequence before Michael starts his trip in Michael Palin: Around the World in 80 Days.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

British Airways and Concorde both feature in the TV documentary QE2: Cruise Ship, Warship, Money Pit.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Currently halfway through watching a film called Hijacked. Made in 2017.

The airline is called Speedbird and they are wearing quasi BA uniforms. The Flower Duet music was playing in the background.

It's billed as a thriller but it's in the 'so bad it's good' camp.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Flying Club
A Fish Called Wanda

Hello everyone

I've just been watching A Fish Called Wanda on Netflix. A great movie, and one you don't see on TV very much these days.

I'm sure most of you know the last 10 minutes of the movie are a feast for those who admire the Landor livery and BA's fleet from the 1980s.

One question I had though, when Archie and Ken arrive at T4 (I assume it was filmed at T4, it's the only LHR terminal I've never used (and I'm sure it looks very different now anyway)), they walk past the check-in desks for First and "SuperClub." What was SuperClub? Was this what they called Club World back in the day? It looked like a very long check-in line, I guess this is what things were like prior to online check-in and bag drop desks

Also, the 747 taking Archie and Wanda to Rio took off about one minute after Archie boarded, I'm sure this was artistic licence, but wouldn't we all love door close to takeoff at LHR being done in about a minute?
Beano likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
There's a description of Super Club in the his 15 year old FlyerTalk thread What was Super Club?
Old Jul 21, 2019, 5:01 pm

More info on Super Club HERE

Yes essentially the Club World brand and product replaced Super Club in I think 1988.

Given the film in question was released in 1989 it's not unrealistic to think these scenes were probably filmed at a time when Super Club was still a thing.

Yes the Terminal scenes are at T4. In the days of the yellow airbridges and before HSBC thought about worldwide airbrige domination.

The concrete roller scene was filmed round the back of the hangers by Hatton Cross tube station and the eastern perimeter road. I think you even see a Trident 3 parked up in the movie at one point....

​​​​​​I will have to watch this movie again soon
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 5:15 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Flying Club
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
More info on Super Club HERE

Yes essentially the Club World brand and product replaced Super Club in I think 1988.

Given the film in question was released in 1989 it's not unrealistic to think these scenes were probably filmed at a time when Super Club was still a thing.
According to Wikipedia, it was filmed during the summer of 1987, so yes, those dates tie in with the intro of Club World.

Thanks for the links with the history of SuperClub. Maybe they should have brought the branding back for the new Club World seat!
Old Oct 6, 2019, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In "Jumbo: The Plane that Changed the World" a TV documentary BA had a few minutes as a customer for the plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.