FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Hot towels in WTP are back! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1225141-hot-towels-wtp-back.html)

Footloose2 Jun 11, 2011 11:34 am

Hot towels in WTP are back!

I flew WTP to AUH today and was surprised to have a hot towel dangled in front of my face!
I was told that they have been re-introduced^

ThatT1Feeling Jun 11, 2011 11:37 am

On my outbound a couple of weeks ago to AUH/MCT I did notice they were being waved about to the 2 pax in WTP on that flight was well.

However no hot towels even in CW on the return leg today :(

potakas Jun 11, 2011 11:47 am

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling (Post 16543287)

However no hot towels even in CW on the return leg today :(

Neither I had, on my return from JFK on CW UD (March).

Footloose2 Jun 11, 2011 11:57 am

Maybe it is like the pens in the amenity kits. You don't get one in CW.
Club passengers are clean enough already ;)

(The pens in the new WTP kits are just as rubbish as the old ones but nolonger have the BA logo so it is less negative advertising when they fall to bits in public!)

TravellerFrequently Jun 11, 2011 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by potakas (Post 16543334)
Neither I had, on my return from JFK on CW UD (March).

OT, but I had to ask for a hot towel when I flew F to DXB in March or on all of the F flights to AUH and MCT in February.

The F purser on the DXB flight, who seemed a little embarrassed that they has not been provided, explained that there has been some changes to the service arrangements, or something, and perhaps staff were forgetting, not that this was any excuse.

I have a CW/F trip soon, so will see what happens. We do not want them 'enhanced away' in CW and F as well as CE.

T8191 Jun 11, 2011 12:03 pm

The Public needs to know ... who closed the window blinds? :D

The _Banking_Scot Jun 11, 2011 12:14 pm

Hi,

Maybe they are taking them from F/CW and giving them to WTP!:p

Regards

TBS

HIDDY Jun 11, 2011 12:57 pm

I tell you what...steak and hot towels in WT+? A new CCR and F lounge menu? Well they did say that enhancements would be coming on stream once things picked up.
It looks to me as if they are now appearing.....good news all round.

G-BOAC Jun 11, 2011 1:03 pm

Back? I thought they never arrived? I thought Drunken Folley and his BASSA Band of (not so) Merry Men vetoed the idea originally? Good to see that now they've been quite rightly humiliatingly removed from the decision making process over customer experience, positive things are happening ^

stifle Jun 11, 2011 1:09 pm

SQ gives hot towels in long-haul economy. Two or three times a flight.

Genius1 Jun 11, 2011 2:06 pm

I didn't get any hot towels in First coming back from HKG in April. :rolleyes:

Instead, I got 20,000 miles* ;)

*not just for the lack of a hot towel, of course.

paul.goffin Jun 12, 2011 7:50 am

On our last F flight we were offered hot towels.

However they were dripping wet and I was soaked. I only wanted to freshen up, not have a bed bath:rolleyes:

Petrus Jun 12, 2011 8:12 am

Originally Posted by G-BOAC (Post 16543703)
Back? I thought they never arrived? I thought Drunken Folley and his BASSA Band of (not so) Merry Men vetoed the idea originally? Good to see that now they've been quite rightly humiliatingly removed from the decision making process over customer experience, positive things are happening ^

^

C-130 Jun 12, 2011 8:23 am

My last flight in F I had to ask for hot towels on the inbound on the outbound though it was one of the first things given to me. When i did ask for the towel the cc seemed a bit taken a back.

FenLandK Jun 12, 2011 8:30 am

Are they part of the CE service standards too? If so, we didn't get them last Sunday to OSL. It seems to be one of the most variable parts of the service.