FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Manchester airport lounge... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1203036-manchester-airport-lounge.html)

747_not_777 Apr 7, 2011 9:14 am

Manchester airport lounge...

When did they go and chop it in half again? They've cut my preferred hiding place around the corner, with the work desks, meeting room table and computers...

Granted, not been to MAN for a while, but it's dropped seriously down my preferred lounge lists now. Shame. It used to be a super lounge.

OPebble Apr 7, 2011 9:22 am

Not enough traffic to justify it's former size! :(

DYKWIA Apr 7, 2011 9:53 am

There are only the BA shuttles these days, and a couple of daily AA flights. Even at it's new size, it barely gets half full IME.

Gone are the days of BA/BACon with the intra-Euro flights.

747_not_777 Apr 7, 2011 2:36 pm

It's just a shame - was such a super lounge. Remember it too pre-FlyBe! Mahousive, as they say...

Another 'big' lounge these days is NCL - all for some Heathrow flights. Again, its one I really like though.

Genius1 Apr 7, 2011 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by OPebble (Post 16176661)
it's

its

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 16176850)
it's

its

:p

MAN Pax Apr 7, 2011 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by 747_not_777 (Post 16176615)
When did they go and chop it in half again? They've cut my preferred hiding place around the corner, with the work desks, meeting room table and computers...

Granted, not been to MAN for a while, but it's dropped seriously down my preferred lounge lists now. Shame. It used to be a super lounge.

Again? I've not been up there since the Flybe division. Could they be creating space for a contract lounge?

cornishsimon Apr 7, 2011 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by 747_not_777 (Post 16178663)
It's just a shame - was such a super lounge. Remember it too pre-FlyBe! Mahousive, as they say...

Another 'big' lounge these days is NCL - all for some Heathrow flights. Again, its one I really like though.

Fingers crossed for some LGW-NCL rotations, after all the infrastructure is already in place !!!

pennineuk Apr 7, 2011 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by MAN Pax (Post 16178980)
Again? I've not been up there since the Flybe division. Could they be creating space for a contract lounge?

The latest space now partitioned off is not easily accessible. This was the shelled space that was there in the early days of T3 and BA had the existing space plus the FlyBe space. when they took over BRAL, the lounge was expanded into the shelled space.
I can't see the shelled space being used.

747_not_777 Apr 8, 2011 12:28 am

Originally Posted by MAN Pax (Post 16178980)

Yup - again. And last night, just before the 1730 LGW and LHR departures, it was fairly busy in there as it was that much smaller. The division must have cut the available space in half I'd guess. It used to be sooooooo big!

And yes re: the OP, I wish they would put NCL back on the LGW routes. I'm suprised they dont want the feeder traffic for their Carribean runs.