Manchester airport lounge...

Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Manchester airport lounge...

When did they go and chop it in half again? They've cut my preferred hiding place around the corner, with the work desks, meeting room table and computers...

Granted, not been to MAN for a while, but it's dropped seriously down my preferred lounge lists now. Shame. It used to be a super lounge.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:22 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Not enough traffic to justify it's former size!
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:53 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

There are only the BA shuttles these days, and a couple of daily AA flights. Even at it's new size, it barely gets half full IME.

Gone are the days of BA/BACon with the intra-Euro flights.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

It's just a shame - was such a super lounge. Remember it too pre-FlyBe! Mahousive, as they say...

Another 'big' lounge these days is NCL - all for some Heathrow flights. Again, its one I really like though.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by OPebble
it's
its

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
it's
its

Old Apr 7, 2011, 3:25 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by 747_not_777
When did they go and chop it in half again? They've cut my preferred hiding place around the corner, with the work desks, meeting room table and computers...

Granted, not been to MAN for a while, but it's dropped seriously down my preferred lounge lists now. Shame. It used to be a super lounge.
Again? I've not been up there since the Flybe division. Could they be creating space for a contract lounge?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 4:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by 747_not_777
It's just a shame - was such a super lounge. Remember it too pre-FlyBe! Mahousive, as they say...

Another 'big' lounge these days is NCL - all for some Heathrow flights. Again, its one I really like though.
Fingers crossed for some LGW-NCL rotations, after all the infrastructure is already in place !!!
Old Apr 7, 2011, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by MAN Pax
Again? I've not been up there since the Flybe division. Could they be creating space for a contract lounge?
The latest space now partitioned off is not easily accessible. This was the shelled space that was there in the early days of T3 and BA had the existing space plus the FlyBe space. when they took over BRAL, the lounge was expanded into the shelled space.
I can't see the shelled space being used.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MAN Pax
Yup - again. And last night, just before the 1730 LGW and LHR departures, it was fairly busy in there as it was that much smaller. The division must have cut the available space in half I'd guess. It used to be sooooooo big!

And yes re: the OP, I wish they would put NCL back on the LGW routes. I'm suprised they dont want the feeder traffic for their Carribean runs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.