Search

Household Miles for Companion Voucher

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, BMI
Household Miles for Companion Voucher

Hi all,

I have a quick question regarding my BA companion voucher.

Does anyone know whether I can use my household miles or does it only apply to my miles? Me and my wife both have accounts with BA, but I seem to remember when I was looking at redeeming the ticket my miles balance was only shown as my account balance.

Does anyone know if this is correct?

Thanks
Old Apr 4, 2011, 2:54 am

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
Originally Posted by andrewsco
Hi all,

I have a quick question regarding my BA companion voucher.

Does anyone know whether I can use my household miles or does it only apply to my miles? Me and my wife both have accounts with BA, but I seem to remember when I was looking at redeeming the ticket my miles balance was only shown as my account balance.

Does anyone know if this is correct?

Thanks
Hi there, I used the miles from my household account (me and the fiancee) combined with the Amex 2-4-1 to book our honeymoon flights to SYD next month (although this was done nearly a year in advance).

Hope this helps,
Old Apr 4, 2011, 3:11 am
uk1
Suspended

BA will take the miles from both accounts proportionately - so if you spend 100,000 miles and 80% of the pool is yours and 20% is your wife's - then they'll take 80k from your account and 20k from your wife's.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, BMI
Ok thanks.

Just a quick question regarding the flight you booked - did you do this online or over the telephone as I seem to remember only being given my miles account balance when I looked online?

Thanks
Old Apr 4, 2011, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any booking from a household account draws the miles proportionately, as described by uk1.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 5:03 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Should be able to do it online if both passengers are in the household account - you have the option to select the names from all those in the HHA.

When I did my booking and wanted to go with somebody who was not in the HHA I was unable to add their name and had to call (and had to pay the telephone fee)
Old Apr 4, 2011, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
maybe a silly remark but has the OP actually created a HHA. If only your own miles are showing up when logging in maybe doesn't have a HHA set up in the first place.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 8:50 am

Any drawbacks to the household accounts? My wife and I plan to take my mother-in-law to London and return by ourselves. We have a combined total of 235k miles. 3 First class tix are 225k. We can fly home on another carrier. By the way, mother-in-law will be staying with her family for a while, and she has never flown 1st on BA. So it should be a treat. How long might it take to put HHA through?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.