Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KBP-LHR Catering

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2010, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
... sandwiches only on the return in ET.
Sandwiches plural?

That in itself would be an improvement on the previous "offering"
Old Nov 3, 2010, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by heartybob
Sandwiches plural?

That in itself would be an improvement on the previous "offering"
I'm going by the PA announcement - I was on the 'right' side of the curtain on this occasion!
Old Nov 3, 2010, 7:29 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
I'm going by the PA announcement - I was on the 'right' side of the curtain on this occasion!
Five small loaves and two small fishes would be more than enough to feed the multitude with the standard one tuna mayonnaise each
Old Nov 3, 2010, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Silver, Accor Club Silver and many others at the lowest level
Originally Posted by heartybob
BingBongBoy posted in the catering thread that it was due to return to "normal", whatever that means, from 1 November.

I can't confirm because my last couple of flights to and from LON, including yesterday, have been on PS.
Ah, I missed that as I've been away and it passed me by. I'll let you know if what is served when I get home next week.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Silver, Accor Club Silver and many others at the lowest level
Good news is that we got a full hot meal both ways on my quick trip over to Ukraine this weekend. Very nice herbed chicken and pasta dish on the return that was cooked to just the right level. Chicken is normally very tough and overcooked IME. Only clue that the return meal was loaded in KBP was the butter having a Ukrainian language label. Very good economy service on both flights overall I have to say.

OT: Good to see they have removed the need to fill out an immigration form when entering Ukraine now. A very welcome change from the very long form that you needed to quickly fill out at the airport (they never seemed to be loaded on my flights) before the line for immigration got too long.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 2:49 am

Programs: NH Super Flyer (*G), Eurostar Carte Blanche, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by tdng
OT: Good to see they have removed the need to fill out an immigration form when entering Ukraine now. A very welcome change from the very long form that you needed to quickly fill out at the airport (they never seemed to be loaded on my flights) before the line for immigration got too long.
You don't need to fill in the immigration card as long as you have space in your passport for stamps. If your passport is full you still need to fill in the form.

KBP-LHR in CE on Friday. Will report back on meal.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 5:49 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by mcg1000
KBP-LHR in CE on Friday. Will report back on meal.
Will report on ET food on the same flight.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 1:23 am

Hot food is back. The flight was fulll full full in both ET and Club. Strangely enough, the drinks service in Club started from the back - was wondering whether it still must start from the front. The Club was only 6 rows but all seats but two were taken.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 3:04 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by Andriyko
Hot food is back. The flight was fulll full full in both ET and Club. Strangely enough, the drinks service in Club started from the back - was wondering whether it still must start from the front. The Club was only 6 rows but all seats but two were taken.
Lazy crew doing things against service standards. Report to Customer Relations. Service should always start from the front.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by tom139
Lazy crew doing things against service standards. Report to Customer Relations. Service should always start from the front.
I was in ET so I don't think I have a ground to write customer relations.
However, I do fly in Club regularly on this route, and I was wondering if if is OK to point out to the Purser that the service must start from the front. I thought that the benefit for Golds to select the 1st row is to get service first as well.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
However, I do fly in Club regularly on this route, and I was wondering if if is OK to point out to the Purser that the service must start from the front. I thought that the benefit for Golds to select the 1st row is to get service first as well.
In my view it is perfectly ok to mention it to the purser. Service should start from the front, precisely so that Golds get first choice. I have previously complained both at the time and to CS when starting service from the back has resulted in me being left with no choice and a meal that I cannot eat.

BA have service standards for a reaosn. I can't imagine the excuse for starting from the back on a six row CE KBP-LHR flight - it's hardly a short hop!
Old Nov 13, 2010, 8:19 am

Was interested in reading the posts here, in particular that it's service standard requirement to start always from the front. According to the latest edition, it's "where possible". Don't ask me the interpretation of that, but I'm sure you could all find a reason why it hasn't been possible to start serving from the front
Old Nov 13, 2010, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by FrancisA
In my view it is perfectly ok to mention it to the purser. Service should start from the front, precisely so that Golds get first choice. I have previously complained both at the time and to CS when starting service from the back has resulted in me being left with no choice and a meal that I cannot eat.

BA have service standards for a reaosn. I can't imagine the excuse for starting from the back on a six row CE KBP-LHR flight - it's hardly a short hop!
An even golder gold at the back of the cabin?
Old Nov 18, 2010, 2:23 am

Programs: NH Super Flyer (*G), Eurostar Carte Blanche, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor ALL Gold
I was in the first row on this flight and was able to hang on for 10 minutes for my gin and tonic!

Was more worried about the lack of assistance given with coats and luggage. One passenger in CE had a painting that the crew should have offered to look after.

The food was hot, but pretty mediocre. A very tomatoey chicken curry or a pike perch with potatoes. Chardonnay undrinkable.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hi,

Sorry to necro bump a really old thread but it's perfectly appropriate -

The last time I flew at the beginning of December and my girlfriend flew at the end of December there was no hot catering in EITHER direction and instead that pitiful ciabatta type thing was handed out instead.

Does anybody have any idea how long this will go on for? Also what happens for CE customers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.