Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

67% reject BA's final offer [latest strike discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

67% reject BA's final offer [latest strike discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2010, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by Jenbel
I'm reliably informed that there will be a branch meeting of BASSA at Kempton Park
BASSA starting to resemble a clapped out nag?
Old Aug 11, 2010, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Jenbel
Talking of democracy - I'm reliably informed that there will be a branch meeting of BASSA at Kempton Park, on the 6th of September.

Maybe the pax should picket?!
A Branch meeting?
At the current rate of progress it will be a Twig meeting.

I pray for rain on 6 Sep ... let the Gods decide
Old Aug 11, 2010, 2:14 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by T8191
A Branch meeting?
I pray for rain on 6 Sep ... let the Gods decide
I hope they cop the weather god's wrath and get well and truly drenched

Alternatively, are passengers allowed to hire large fire-bombing aircraft and drop thousands of gallons of water on them as a protest?
Old Aug 11, 2010, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA bronze
Before FTers form their own version of the 617 squadron, to drop water bombs on the BASSA meeting.

Alas I have to inform you...it will be indoors in one of the conference rooms

Old Aug 11, 2010, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum
no no, I think BA should just write messages on the bottom on planes that can be easily read by the BASSA lot at Bedfont...

I believe that we may be able to send Willie some ideas?

Before FTers form their own version of the 617 squadron, to drop water bombs on the BASSA meeting.
Wait until they are at Bedfont again, shame it will make their banners run...
Old Aug 11, 2010, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Has anyone on here ever encountered Duncan or LizAnne in their travels? As a pax, I've never encountered either. Anyone on here ever heard "my name is lizanne malone and I'm the cabin service director today?" Or does she not actually take any flights these days? What about BA crew, have you ever worked with DH or LM? What I'm getting at is, are they like this whilst on duty too, or do they actually do their jobs well despite their actions whilst off duty?
Old Aug 11, 2010, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Speedbird218

Alas I have to inform you...it will be indoors in one of the conference rooms

Disappointing! Even the wrath of Weather God will not get them then.

I wonder if I get the wrath of BASSA for this comment, by the way?
Do you think I can achieve the honour of being bashed on BASSA forum by DH?
Old Aug 11, 2010, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
Has anyone on here ever encountered Duncan or LizAnne in their travels? As a pax, I've never encountered either. Anyone on here ever heard "my name is lizanne malone and I'm the cabin service director today?" Or does she not actually take any flights these days? What about BA crew, have you ever worked with DH or LM? What I'm getting at is, are they like this whilst on duty too, or do they actually do their jobs well despite their actions whilst off duty?
I have flown with LM a few times. Very nice lady and excellent CSD, I thought. Sorry if that's not the answer you were looking for
Old Aug 11, 2010, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Skimo
I have flown with LM a few times. Very nice lady and excellent CSD, I thought.
Was it recently or a while ago? I'm just curious as to whether she's changed into 'doing the minimum' militancy, or whether she still does a good job when she does work, and just being a militant when she's duty.

I'm not one to say that all BASSA people make poor cabin crew. Shortly before one of the strikes, I saw that the purser on one of my flights had a BASSA lanyard. It worried me a little when I saw her lanyard, but she turned out to be really lovely, so I am aware that at least some certainly do a good job.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by T8191
I also assume that Unions choose their moment to cause trouble.

I'm really glad I'm not running BA.
I work as a Manager in a company where some of our staff are members of a union. Trust me, they do pick their moments to cause trouble.

I stopped paying attention to Mr Holley after his interview on a BBC breakfast show back in March I believe it was. Completely out of touch with reality. Condescending and nasty in tone and language.

Last edited by Petrus; Aug 11, 2010 at 4:06 pm
Old Aug 12, 2010, 1:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Petrus
I stopped paying attention to Mr Holley after his interview on a BBC breakfast show back in March
Then you miss a treat This guy is the best entertainment since I don't know when.

But yes, you have it right: he's a nasty piece of work.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 2:08 am

BOAC VC-10s & 707s

I grew up under final to JFK 1962 -1972. I can still feel the passion of watching those great aircraft fly into NYC. Finally in 1996 I got to fly BA in WT. I felt special. Since then I've only flown F/CW. & in all honesty, watching the vitriol of this whole ugly-making this-most shebang is like being four years old & watching your parents tear each other to shreds.

Good luck to y'all, but I ain't giving up on BA quite yet.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 4:28 am

Sadly some crew do not help themselves.

Last flight I did the CSD and cc member at the front pre take off spoke about the pro's and con's of being in BASSA. The CSD and cc had no idea who I was. I mean I could have been a journalist. The CSD made it very clear that she voted and then decided to leave BASSA.

Why if they want to talk about this can they not do this when the plane is empty or in the hotel.

Poor show
Old Aug 12, 2010, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by redsox1918
Last flight I did the CSD and cc member at the front pre take off
I read that bit and went "What?!" then read on and realised what you were talking about. Some threads on dirty issues probably gave me a dirty mind.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 5:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I read that bit and went "What?!" then read on and realised what you were talking about. Some threads on dirty issues probably gave me a dirty mind.
Would have made for an interesting and rather different thread though:

'I boarded and the CSD and CC were having sex with a passenger at the front of the plane - what compensation should I get?'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.