FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Seating Queries: Club World (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1055540-seating-queries-club-world.html)

kered Feb 24, 2010 6:14 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
......all in one place so the rest of the forum is not filled with seating questions.

As I've said I think it's a great idea for a thread, although it may need to be closly monitored & trimmed a little occasionally so as not to let it get too unwieldy.

If it proves to be successful, I wonder should it (along with the F thread) be stickied, as if activity dies off every so often, it will disappear off the first page, into the depths. Resulting in a re-emergence of seating question threads.

While any new threads or quires on the subject can be merged to this thread, it would put unnecessary additional work on to the Mod team.

Swanhunter Feb 24, 2010 6:38 am

Originally Posted by kered (Post 13453401)
While any new threads or quires on the subject can be merged to this thread, it would put unnecessary additional work on to the Mod team.

In all honesty the merging process is very easy. It is producing the content that takes the time.

LeisureFirst Feb 24, 2010 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer (Post 13453392)
Here's a Club World seating query to help this thread along - when is BA going to apply the same rules as they do for 1A/K in First to the 'best' seats on UD?

I'm getting fed-up with all these impertinent Silvers nicking 64K! ;)

Golds travelling in CW are travelling below their station: you're supposed to be in F, and then you'll get some benefit!

62 A/K, 64 A/K and other extra legroom seats should be allocated to those passengers with special needs, i.e., over 6'2". :p Really, if I wasn't tall I'd be perfectly happy in any other UD window seat - I don't mind steppnig over someone.

Phil the Flyer Feb 24, 2010 9:17 am

Originally Posted by LeisureFirst (Post 13454097)
Golds travelling in CW are travelling below their station: you're supposed to be in F, and then you'll get some benefit!

62 A/K, 64 A/K and other extra legroom seats should be allocated to those passengers with special needs, i.e., over 6'2". :p Really, if I wasn't tall I'd be perfectly happy in any other UD window seat - I don't mind steppnig over someone.

Well I'm Gold and 6'4". It's how people achieve Gold travelling in Y that I am in awe of.

CatchThePigeon Feb 24, 2010 9:48 am

Helpful thread thanks, especially with the links to the seat plans.

Flying to LAS on a 3 class 777. Can anyone comment on the merits of 3E? It looks quite private but a worry would be noise and disturbance from the Galley. Would you opt for both 4A and 3K as your first choice seats?

Prospero Feb 24, 2010 2:05 pm

Seat plan upload to OP complete (at least as far as CW is concerned)

FlyerTalker6245 Feb 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero (Post 13456677)
Seat plan upload to OP complete (at least as far as CW is concerned)

I LOVE the photos Mr Prospero . I am mighty impressed.

Congratulations my favourite moderator. Well joint with that Hunter of Swans....

However, the last seat map is of a 3 class not a 4 class 777 !!

Prospero Feb 24, 2010 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by andset1191 (Post 13456712)
I LOVE the photos Mr Prospero . I am mighty impressed.

Congratulations my favourite moderator. Well joint with that Hunter of Swans....

However, the last seat map is of a 3 class not a 4 class 777 !!

Many thanks for the ^.

Ironically, the three class 48J 777 needed to be drawn from scratch and after all that I go and make a bunder with the sub title. Back to the editing suite

ardboe Feb 24, 2010 3:41 pm

Hi all,

long time reader of the forum and thanks to many of you for some great advice. Could someone please help me and offer some advice on the laptop power options in CW. All being well i'll get to use it unless the strike decides otherwise

Thanks

kered Feb 24, 2010 3:44 pm

Hi & a very warm welcome to FT ardboe & in particular the BA Board ^ :D

CW on all but the 767, has a UK/Euro/U.S. combo socket, providing 220V ac. So you can just plug in as you would normally do at a wall outlet.

Edited to add....

As can been seen in the bottom left corner of This Picture.

Further edit / Correction The power socket will accept European or US type plugs. If you have a UK plug you'll need either a US or European adapter, I was incorrect to state that it could be used with a UK plug. Which does seem a bit strange, given that it is "British" Airways :confused:

ardboe Feb 24, 2010 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by kered (Post 13457411)

CW on all but the 767, has a UK/Euro/U.S. combo socket, providing 220V ac. So you can just plug in as you would normally do at a wall outlet.

Thanks for the advice.^

ardboe Feb 24, 2010 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by kered (Post 13457411)

Edited to add....

As can been seen in the bottom left corner of This Picture.

Further edit / Correction The power socket will accept European or US type plugs. If you have a UK plug you'll need either a US or European adapter, I was incorrect to state that it could be used with a UK plug. Which does seem a bit strange, given that it is "British" Airways :confused:

That is strange that its not a UK plug. Maybe something to do with the power requirements- im not sure but I thought UK plugs voltage is higher than the US

kered Feb 24, 2010 4:28 pm

Correct UK voltage is higher than the U.S. as is European voltage.

220/240 versus 110, but given that the Euro plugs can be used, I doubt it's a voltage / power issue.

Just thinking about it as I write, it could be due to the way the cable exits a UK compared to a U.S. or Euro plug. With a UK plug the cable exist from the bottom, whereas with U.S. or Euro plugs it comes straight out. Meaning that the socket can be mounted closer to the floor, if only U.S. & Euro plugs are used, as you don't need to factor in enough height for the cable.

Maybe not, just a thought !

hammythehammer Feb 24, 2010 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by ardboe (Post 13457398)
Hi all,

long time reader of the forum and thanks to many of you for some great advice. Could someone please help me and offer some advice on the laptop power options in CW. All being well i'll get to use it unless the strike decides otherwise

Thanks

Hope some of this is of use to you.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...top-power.html

CatchThePigeon Feb 25, 2010 5:28 am

Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon (Post 13454675)
Helpful thread thanks, especially with the links to the seat plans.

Flying to LAS on a 3 class 777. Can anyone comment on the merits of 3E? It looks quite private but a worry would be noise and disturbance from the Galley. Would you opt for both 4A and 3K as your first choice seats?

Anyone able to offer some pearls of wisdom?