FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   Phoning the ICC from within India (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/948434-phoning-icc-within-india.html)

SuperFlyBoy May 1, 2009 2:25 am

Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad (Post 11672306)
Tried that, and this is what I found...

http://picasaweb.google.com/insane.w...80521241497858

:D

That bathroom is in a very impressive condition for India, regardless! ^ :D

SEAUAKID May 22, 2009 10:32 pm

I live in the US, and called the US Sales number (the one quoted in this thread) last saturday mid-day to book a redemption ticket using my BD miles.

The agent who answered told me that the Diamond Club desk was closed, and to call back Monday thru Friday. So I have some questions.

1. Is there any way for me to make a redemption ticket on weekends when calling from the US? If so, is there a better number I should use?

2. Different topic, but if I wanted to book a redemption ticket IST-LHR-LAX on TK/NZ, and the first leg was in F but the second leg in C, would I be charged as two separate awards? Or would I simply be billed business class miles since the longest leg is in business?

BHDBOY May 23, 2009 4:00 am

Originally Posted by SEAUAKID (Post 11793031)
I live in the US, and called the US Sales number (the one quoted in this thread) last saturday mid-day to book a redemption ticket using my BD miles.

The agent who answered told me that the Diamond Club desk was closed, and to call back Monday thru Friday. So I have some questions.

1. Is there any way for me to make a redemption ticket on weekends when calling from the US? If so, is there a better number I should use?

2. Different topic, but if I wanted to book a redemption ticket IST-LHR-LAX on TK/NZ, and the first leg was in F but the second leg in C, would I be charged as two separate awards? Or would I simply be billed business class miles since the longest leg is in business?

It is my understanding that the US sales office can route calls through to the DC call centre in India, which is open until 8pm UK time at weekends and weekdays, so I expect you have been given bad information. You could always ring the international number on the back of your card (a UK number which automatically routes through to India), although this will of course cost you more.

On your second point, if it is a one-way journey, the convention is to charge by longest leg, IST-LHR is substantially shorter than LHR-LAX so you can enjoy TK First on Business Class miles. Note: 'charge in line with longest leg' is convention and not mentioned anywhere in the rules. For return journeys the practice is to charge for the highest class of travel, this is mentioned in the T&Cs

oliver2002 May 23, 2009 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by IMH (Post 11664532)
Mind you, when we booked our tickets to BOM we did get the standard "and would you like me to arrange a Hertz car for your time in Mumbai, sir?" I just laughed at the time (me? drive in Mumbai???),...

Ermm... used Hertz in India a few times the past year and all their cars are driven by a Hertz employee :cool:

IMH May 23, 2009 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 11795769)
driven by a Hertz employee :cool:

Private chauffeur service? Cool indeed...

oliver2002 May 24, 2009 6:21 pm

Yep, that why the clock and mileage start/ends when they leave/return their downtown garage. A bit intransparent... in USD they are comparatively cheap but compared to local INR rates they are expensive. On the other hand very very good service ^:-::-::-::-::-: well worth the money.

SuperFlyBoy May 25, 2009 12:21 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 11799263)
Yep, that why the clock and mileage start/ends when they leave/return their downtown garage. A bit intransparent... in USD they are comparatively cheap but compared to local INR rates they are expensive. On the other hand very very good service ^:-::-::-::-::-: well worth the money.

The question is, whether one earns BD miles for these rentals??

oliver2002 May 26, 2009 4:47 am

You have to retroclaim, as they are a Hertz franchise and not linked to the global hertz system.