FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   Phoning the ICC from within India (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/948434-phoning-icc-within-india.html)

IMH Apr 28, 2009 11:11 am

Phoning the ICC from within India

Is it possible to call the ICC from within India without placing an international call to the UK? If so, what's the number?

BHDBOY Apr 28, 2009 2:22 pm

bmi give their sales contact in India as:

2A, Stadium House
Veer Nariman Road
Churchgate, Mumbai - 400020
T +91 22 22874721 / 22874725
F +91 22 22874197

May or may not be the ICC number

RAPC Apr 28, 2009 2:26 pm

That's a sales office I believe. The DC ICC is in Pune.

IMH Apr 28, 2009 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by BHDBOY (Post 11660208)
[...] Mumbai [...]

May or may not be the ICC number

No reason why it would be, really. I started my search on the bmi website, and saw the contact details you've quoted for their Mumbai sales office, before asking my question about whether the ICC (in Pune) can be reached by means of a domestic call.

Thanks, but the question remains open.

EDIT: RAPC was faster. Again.

seattle29 Apr 28, 2009 2:37 pm

Can't you use Skype to get cheap int'l calls?

Tiger_lily Apr 28, 2009 2:46 pm

Yes, you just set up a subscription to one of the unlimited country packages. I did that from Thailand at xmas and spent about an hour on the phone to Donington rearranging flights home and a good few hours talking to the family. Cost £1.95 for the whole lot.

Obviously you need to have a decent interweb connection.

FlyingOnceMore Apr 28, 2009 2:50 pm

"Ventura India" and Google. Take it from there.

IMH Apr 28, 2009 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by seattle29 (Post 11660298)
Can't you use Skype to get cheap int'l calls?

Yes. Call cost isn't the problem. It would just be good to avoid the line quality issues associated with a call from India to the UK, patched back to India. Adding VoIP into the equation is unlikely to improve matters.

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore (Post 11660392)
"Ventura India" and Google. Take it from there.

Been there, tried that. Found some fascinating promotional blurb and various phone numbers, including one in Leeds and a few in Pune, but nothing that gave me any degree of confidence about getting put through to the Ventura agents working on the bmi contract. Did you find something more promising, FlyingOnceMore?

FlyingOnceMore Apr 28, 2009 3:06 pm

No, but if I really wanted to take it further I'd put my Magnum PI cap on, call said Pune phone number and ask.

BHDBOY Apr 28, 2009 3:06 pm

There was a report on another thread recently that the US Sales Office is able to route calls through to diamond club (ICC), this is why I posted the India Office details, perhaps they can do the same?

IMH Apr 28, 2009 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by BHDBOY (Post 11660501)
There was a report on another thread recently that the US Sales Office is able to route calls through to diamond club (ICC)

I can confirm that that works, at least sometimes. I still prefer paying 2 or 3 cents a minute to call via the UK, though, as that usually gets me a clearer line.

this is why I posted the India Office details, perhaps they can do the same?

It will certainly be worth a try. (We're going to be monitoring late-breaking award availability for TATL flights immediately following an India trip, with a view to changing a redemption if we can get a better itinerary than the one we've booked.)

jbfield Apr 28, 2009 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore (Post 11660495)
No, but if I really wanted to take it further I'd put my Magnum PI cap on, call said Pune phone number and ask.

Yes... and ask for "Mansoor". :D

Tiger_lily Apr 28, 2009 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by jbfield (Post 11660625)
Yes... and ask for "Mansoor". :D

Or just yell YO MAN PAX down the phone :D It's the secret password ;)

Cheapskate Travels Apr 28, 2009 3:34 pm

There was a report on another thread recently that the US Sales Office is able to route calls through to diamond club (ICC), this is why I posted the India Office details, perhaps they can do the same?

That report might have been from us. At least 10 for 10 using this route. 800-788-0555. Just call and say you need to book/change a ticket using frequent flyer miles. Every time they say, "please hold on I'll connect you."

This has been very useful for the not-so-well-trained agents who keep putting us on hold for 5-10 minutes at a time leading to 45 minute-1 hour redemptions. ;)

IMH Apr 29, 2009 8:33 am

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore (Post 11660392)
Google.

I'm frequently stupid, and sometimes lazy, but I don't think that on this occasion it was stupid or lazy to post the question I did. I'd tried searching, but not found anything very useful or definitive.

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore (Post 11660495)
I'd put my Magnum PI cap on, call said Pune phone number and ask.

That's got to be the first time anyone has suggested that a phone call to Pune might be a better way to get reliable information than drawing on the collected wisdom of this board. ;)

I did try asking Sita this question when I called the ICC a few minutes ago. Her answer was that it isn't possible, i.e. that if I'm in Mumbai and want to speak to them in Pune then I need to place an international call to the UK. I remain hopeful that someone here will have a better answer.