Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

DC software "up"grade: disruption: login/data/security/missing credit problems

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2009, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite

Raises a lot of speculative questions........

Britain’s second largest airline bmi opts for Technopark IT solution

bmi, Britain’s second largest airline and a Star Alliance member, has opted for Tehcnopark-headquartered IBS Software’s new generation IT solution for managing loyalty programmes for its passengers, it was announced here Tuesday. The iFly Loyalty software will help the airline to administer its frequent flier programme (FFP) and customer relationship management (CRM) functionalities like campaign management, feedback management and even fraud detection, an IBS statement said.

Juliet Hutchin, head of loyalty at bmi, said the airline will, for the first time, have a single customer database across its loyalty programmes.

“With the capability and flexibility of iFly Loyalty, we’ll really be able to unlock the revenue generating potential of our loyalty programs through personalized customer communication and highly targeted campaign activity,” Hutchin added.

IBS chief V.K. Mathews said that given a turbulent global economy, the challenges of building strong customer relationships have become even greater.

“iFly Loyalty helps retain customers by improving customer service quality. We are confident that our system will enable them gain a competitive advantage,” Mathews added.

IBS Software is a leading global provider of new-generation IT solutions to the travel, transportation and logistics (TTL) industry. The company operates out of 14 business centres in the Americas, Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, the Middle East and Africa.

bmi has a fleet of over 50 aircraft and operates in excess of 1,800 flights a week. iFly Loyalty will enable it integrate with other Star Alliance member airlines.

Star Alliance, with over 16,500 daily flights to 912 destinations in 159 countries, is the world’s largest airline network.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 9:28 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Interesting that this purchase has gone ahead - not something you would expect if DC was to be merged with M&M in the near future.

Oh wait - this is bmi
Old Feb 3, 2009, 9:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
A few phrases to note:

"the airline will, for the first time, have a single customer database across its loyalty programmes" - welcome to the 21st Century!

"through personalized customer communication and highly targeted campaign activity" - all depends now on the choice of strategy the marketing team adopt. i.e. Will they continue to actively reward non/lesser customers at the expense of their best ones?

We can but hope that it is the database and software that has stopped bmi from doing some smart loyalty work in the past on Diamond Club. ^ If it has a positive impact - let's hope so.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 9:41 am

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Originally Posted by MAN Pax
Interesting that this purchase has gone ahead - not something you would expect if DC was to be merged with M&M in the near future
Maybe M&M have asked if, pretty please, they could have a single vaguely accurate database to work with for the merger...
Old Feb 3, 2009, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The multiple databases might explain why some of us are over looked for the tasty reward offers
Old Feb 3, 2009, 9:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Does it come with an optional "decent customer call centre" bolt-on ?
Old Feb 3, 2009, 9:56 am

"iFly Loyalty will enable it integrate with other Star Alliance member airlines."

Read this and I even let my mind wander to thinking of an online bmi version of the ANA tool.
Silly me !
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:02 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Well it is time for a makeover on the software.

Lets face it ... how bad could it get? Them porting over the databases and wrecking them all entirely?

Oops.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:08 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Dear Juliet,

Glad to hear you're actually getting some decent software at last to run DC. ^

Just remember, there's a terrific team of website testers here on FT, who'll only be too pleased to help you test it properly, they'll just need feeding a few miles every so often.

regards
OF.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:10 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Kevincm
Lets face it ... how bad could it get?
When Finnair moved over to their new system nothing much worked for 2-3 months. And many wondered why they did move in the first place as the old system worked perfectly well. I think it now takes a few weeks on the average for AY flights to post to BAEC, while in the old system those posted reliable in 2-3 days
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:13 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
This has to be good news.
iFly Loyalty will enable it integrate with other Star Alliance member airlines.
I've been saying it for months now, I don't believe M&M is the future for DC. I reckon the DC brand is strong enough to survive with only policy direction.

[FlightOfFancy]OTOH, *A has been quietly working towards a single unitary programme, to be proceeded by a single alliance currency - call them StarDollars, if you like, that can be spent in the same way as NZ Air Dollars -if this plan is gaining any traction, there would be little point in spending serious money integrating two programmes to only have to do it again with however many more.[/FlightOfFancy]

iFly Loyalty helps retain customers by improving customer service quality.
Great - it will look after catering too, then? Not to mention keeping CS desks open past 8 - and the UK CC will be open 24/7.

Sarcasm aside, congratulations to the bigger thinkers in DC for what appears to be a very positive step. ^
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:26 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Oxon Flyer, I'll get the signs made "Will Test For Miles"

Hopefully, its a start of a improvements.

A quick google lead me to: http://www.ibsplc.com/customer-loyalty-software.html

Intrestingly..

iFly Loyalty FFP handles the loyalty business aspects in the airline loyalty domain and

* Helps loyalty members to "Earn and Burn" points
* Helps the airlines to add "Air and Non-Air partners" to their loyalty program

iFly Loyalty FFP is also bundled with a flexible Rule Engine that helps airlines create multiple rules to run the loyalty program as also to foster the accrual and redemption of mileage points
"a flexible Rule Engine".... Who can smell trouble a mile off here?
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:45 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by Kevincm
"a flexible Rule Engine".... Who can smell trouble a mile off here?
Yes, that'll be because they don't invest in the training or they attempt to train the users second hand
Old Feb 3, 2009, 11:22 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
Yes, that'll be because they don't invest in the training or they attempt to train the users second hand
I guess it could mean anything, though? From Silver/Gold bonus to God only knows what!

I can smell trouble a mile off here. BD can't get a simple website makeover right first time. The extra admin associated with this migration is going to be a nightmare for the BD folks and members - me pessimistic, never!

Here is a quick plea to any BD lurker. Please release a beta version of this software first. Put some of the most diverse earners/burners on both systems, or something and see how it goes.

Brian.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 1:07 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
We all know that release management isn't exactly their strong point. This is going to be a disaster.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.