Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Miles posting from UA (and now CO) Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2009, 1:11 am
Original Poster

I recently took some flights on United. How long will it be before I see miles posted to my DC account? Or how long before I need to submit a request for missing miles? (I have tried to search this forum for the answer but to no avail).
Old Jan 13, 2009, 1:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
As with most flight activities, they usually credit within a couple of working days. If they haven't posted in 10 working days then they aren't going to past at all so you will need to submit a request as per the advice in the Master Sticky. This is a slow process with UA trips as UA insists on verifying individual retrospective claims by bmi diamond club members.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 6:12 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Not entirely unrelated, I travelled on US in October, and travelled on Envoy. I received Economy miles (destination and status). I waited a few more weeks to see if it would update, but it didn't.

I sent in my stubs at the end of October just to cover my behind.

Still hadn't seen anything up until yesterday.

Emailed yesterday, and have my destintation and status miles updated this morning - and what a lovely surprise it was.

So, in retrospect, watch your account for the next few days, but as has been said, if nothing is posted within 5-10 working days, then, send in your stubs! If all else fails, email, and I'm sure it'll be taken care of.

Last edited by travelwithross; Jan 13, 2009 at 6:25 am Reason: removed bmi email
Old Jan 13, 2009, 6:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
You might want to delete or amend that email address so it can't be harvested.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 11:15 am

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
Although I'm au fait with what to do and not necessarily requesting help, I'm just curious about miles from my recent United trip.

I did a West Coast return with internal flights on United and United Express. All the East to West flights, checked in at the same time, posted automatically within a couple of days, but the West to East flights, also all checked in at the same time, have yet to appear after two weeks. Not only was the BD number already in the booking, the card was presented to the United check-in agent when the boarding passes were issued in both directions and my BD*G status appears on all the passes. The ticket class is the same throughout.

I'm really just curious. What does this happen? Surely the systems are the same in both directions?
Old Oct 14, 2011, 7:25 am
2mg

What is the hold up with my miles posting...

Last Friday I flew first class (on UAL) to SJU and did the return on Monday.
I can't for the life of me figure out the delay in my miles posting to my bmi DC account. My DC number was on all of the tickets and while there have been delays in the past, it has never been for this long. Has anyone else been experiencing this issue during the past week? As you can imagine it is a healthy amount of miles and I'm none too happy that they appear to be 'lost' in someone's system. I've emailed UAL and told them to 'report' these to bmi and bmi is telling me to wait until October 22, but I'm shocked that in this day and age of 'ticketless' travel and web-based procedures that these 'transfers' aren't happening overnight. Any thoughts?
Old Oct 14, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: LH HON->SEN, BA GGL+CCR->Gold, HH D, Hertz PC
I had a UA flight on 10/01 and three on 10/05 - nothing in my BMI account till now.
Let's just wait...too early to be worried about it, I'd say.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:07 am

Programs: not a lot
Originally Posted by 2mg
Any thoughts?
Give it time. It's a bit like the Royal Mail. The need to go from Company A to Company B via delivery methods X, Y and Z. Any problem here at any point and they may end up needing a manual prodding.

I blame Apple, using up all the internet bandwidth last week, your miles probably got hit in the congestion and are waiting on the hard shoulder for the AA to come and deliver them to either the nearest switch for relaying on to the final destination.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Reported last week.....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...a-flights.html
Old Oct 14, 2011, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
I flew UA at the end of last month, and the start of this month, and no miles credited yet. In the past UA miles have tended to credit within a day or two for me. Shall wait a wee while longer, though, and retroclaim if necessary.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:12 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
I am missing 5 United sectors, 2 on 01OCT, 2 on 04OCT and 1 on 05OCT. Sectors I took on 28SEP credited within 2 days. an Air Canada sector on 01OCT credited 2 days later.

my BD*G expires tomorrow without those miles.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 3:22 am

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
If you e-mail Diamond Club (details in the READ THIS FIRST sticky topic), they'll sort everything out for you. They will probably ask you to post in your boarding passes these days, but those flights will credit retroactively and that should still keep your BD*G active, even if the Diamond Club folks have to manually prod the computers to make it so.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 6:02 am

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
Most of my United or Continental flights post within one week, but occasionally they've taken up to two months.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:31 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
still nothing, i doubt they are going to post on their own but you never know.

Hilton miles missing too, they posted within 2 or 3 days last time, this time its taking weeks
Old Oct 18, 2011, 2:10 am

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Originally Posted by dazz81
Hilton miles missing too, they posted within 2 or 3 days last time, this time its taking weeks
I expect last time you stayed right at the end of the month? Hilton miles post once a month, generally around about the 4th, for the calendar month just past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.