Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alternative *A credit card?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2012, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Alternative *A credit card?

Now that BMI are no longer part of the Star Alliance are there any other credit cards that you can get in the UK that will let ut travel on Star Alliance carriers?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:46 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by ayrshiredude
Now that BMI are no longer part of the Star Alliance are there any other credit cards that you can get in the UK that will let ut travel on Star Alliance carriers?
MBNA offers United and Lufthansa Miles&More credit cards. You can also go the SPG or Membership Rewards route via Amex to transfer to other Star Alliance programmes (US Airways, SAS, etc)
Old Jul 3, 2012, 3:28 am

Programs: Back down to BA Blue
This is a really useful roundup of all UK points credit cards and their current bonuses by Raffles of the BA & this board. His blog also on the site is good too. http://headforpoints.com/jul-cards-update/
Old Jul 3, 2012, 2:23 pm

I have the United MBNA Amex. 15,000 miles sign up bonus & 1 mile/£. Not as good as the bmi Amex but seeing as UA is where I'm parking my *A miles it is the best option for me, alongside the BA Amex.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
I have the United MBNA Amex. 15,000 miles sign up bonus & 1 mile/£. Not as good as the bmi Amex but seeing as UA is where I'm parking my *A miles it is the best option for me, alongside the BA Amex.
UA 15k bonus has been pulled recently, currently no sign-up bonus at all (I think)
Old Jul 4, 2012, 5:35 am

Programs: AA, SPG, Hh, Amex MR, Marriott, ICH, VA, CC, LH
Legs up for Star Alliance

Originally Posted by Raffles
UA 15k bonus has been pulled recently, currently no sign-up bonus at all (I think)
That is a shame. It seems likely that there is a willing audience for a leg up into United.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 10:54 am

I'd be tempted by this as we're likely to use United's direct flight to Newark more than any BA flights. Is there a guide on here showing how to transfer my DC miles to United's program? If it can be done that is!!

Thanks.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Mikey07
I'd be tempted by this as we're likely to use United's direct flight to Newark more than any BA flights. Is there a guide on here showing how to transfer my DC miles to United's program? If it can be done that is!!

Thanks.
It can't be done - in any sensible way at least. (I am sure someone will find some tortuous route via a hotel programme, but you'll likely lose a lot)
Old Jul 4, 2012, 2:53 pm

OK, thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.