Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Ticketing of Star alliance redemption

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2012, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold

Hello,

I booked a redemption trip on Star Alliance carriers yesterday to to beat the 31 of May deadline. It hasn't been ticketed yet but I was wondering whether ticketing also had to be done before BMI cuts all ties with Star Alliance on the 31st?

Am I being overly worried about this? Not sure anyone can answer this apart from BMI themselves but wondered if anyone had any insight.

Best wishes,

Last edited by icebird; May 30, 2012 at 3:00 pm
Old May 30, 2012, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
There is a huge queue of tickets to be issued and I'm sure all will be done by tomorrow. There has been a backlog. My ticket needed a reissue and after 4 days got done today.
Old May 30, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
Mine took a whopping five weeks to issue. Booked 18 April, ticketed today! :-)
Old May 31, 2012, 1:54 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
I really wonder how many tickets will be forgotten behind. The backlog seems quite big.
Old May 31, 2012, 3:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by GVA
I really wonder how many tickets will be forgotten behind. The backlog seems quite big.
I doubt that they will be forgotten, but I'm not sure they will be able to process everything in time for the cut off today.
Old May 31, 2012, 3:45 am

Programs: A3 Gold
I reckon some overhead for issuing final tickets has been planned. I think as long as it is booked until EOD today, we should be fine.
Old May 31, 2012, 4:09 am
AHO

I have made two award bookings lately and the second(booked later) booking is already issued, but not the first(booked earlier).
Old May 31, 2012, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Silver
I booked 2 days ago, and still not ticketed.
Tried to call and was not allowed in call queue because of extreme call volumes.
Miles taken from account, in 2 random entries (rather than one 18750 reduction, one for 13342 and another one for 5408).

Last edited by mzb00; May 31, 2012 at 4:42 am Reason: Added information about miles taken from account
Old May 31, 2012, 4:38 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Made a booking yesterday, miles and cash already taken, but I don't see a ticket number yet. Is this normal?
Old May 31, 2012, 4:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by neuromancer
Made a booking yesterday, miles and cash already taken, but I don't see a ticket number yet. Is this normal?
Yes. It is just being queued for ticketing. Sometimes the miles and cash are taken before this, sometimes after. Main thing is that it is being processed, so it should be well on the way.
Old May 31, 2012, 4:47 am

Programs: A3 Gold
Originally Posted by marwanb
I booked 2 days ago, and still not ticketed.
Tried to call and was not allowed in call queue because of extreme call volumes.
Miles taken from account, in 2 random entries (rather than one 18750 reduction, one for 13342 and another one for 5408).
Redemptions always happened to me in 2 random entries.
Old May 31, 2012, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by murilix
Redemptions always happened to me in 2 random entries.
First time for me, and I've done quite a few in the past years.
Anyway, hoping eTicket should follow soon.
Old May 31, 2012, 5:36 am
bxs

I've been told by the ICC that DC have until 2 June 2012 to ticket all remaining redemptions. I'm not sure how far from the truth this is but my booking was ticketed in a 48hr timeframe(admittedly I did call twice a day to follow up)
Old May 31, 2012, 7:01 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by RAPC
Yes. It is just being queued for ticketing. Sometimes the miles and cash are taken before this, sometimes after. Main thing is that it is being processed, so it should be well on the way.
Thanks, RAPC!
I was going to call to try to speed things up, but it seems it will be useless with today's amount of calls.
Old May 31, 2012, 7:27 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
I was on first thing this morning, got my flight booked but had to rng back with passport details (took so long I needed to run off to something, but they said 48 hours to provide them), was very frustrated at the wait times - plus costing me a fortune as in Thailand at the moment... Went into United site to see if adding directly would help and got a message saying it needed to be ticketed by midnight LA time on 31st... Have since got through and had them added, so fingers crossed, at least it's a route with BA availability if it gets messed up!

(and apologies if common knowledge, but they explicitly said that cancellations wold be free given no changes could be made)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.