FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   2011 Diamond Club Membership Cards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/1190354-2011-diamond-club-membership-cards.html)

GoldCircle Mar 3, 2011 8:54 am

2011 Diamond Club Membership Cards

A little birdy has told me that the artwork for the Black membership cards have been slightly revised on foot of our feedback here on the FT bmi board - and the following modifications have been made:

• New bmi British Midland International logo on the front of the card
  • Star Alliance Gold/Silver logo will be slightly LARGER

Blue and Silver cards will begin to issue for renewals/downgrades from next week, though the Gold cards won't be available for a while yet (so, there's no point ordering a new one, right now!). Said little birdy has specifically asked for there not to be a rush of poeple reordering cards. I don't think there are too many blue members here, so nothing to worry about! If the 6 Silver members could just restrain themselves? ;)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...78-dc-card.gif

This is really excellent news, as using the old variant has proved to be a serious hassle on occasion, where lounge dragon, or queue matrons simply don't recognise the card - and the lack of airline livery left them adamant that the card wasn't good for entry. I've had hassle in Africa, the Middle-East and even in America from LH... :rolleyes: :D

Well done Diamond Club! ^

Kevincm Mar 3, 2011 9:00 am

Ooh. Cute. And it's got the airline on the front too ^

This one day after I ordered my replacement Gold Card...

David-A Mar 3, 2011 9:25 am

Originally Posted by GoldCircle (Post 15967912)
I've had hassle ... even in America from LH... :rolleyes: :D

Never mind America, I've had hasstle from LH in TXL!
Oh, and LX in ZRH!

Jetstreamer Mar 3, 2011 9:59 am

I like the new design. I always found it very strange how the star alliance gold logo wasn't bigger as it is not particularly easy to make out and putting the airline logo on the front is just common sense.

I'm going to struggle to retain gold this year but this almost makes me want to go and do a few mileage runs!

starflyergold Mar 3, 2011 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by David-A (Post 15968159)
and LX in ZRH!

Indeed, LX seemed very puzzled but relented eventually

teflon Mar 3, 2011 7:11 pm

Ah, what a sensible idea!

My girlfriend's blue downgrade arrived this morning, and was old-style. (It also had an offer in the box to upgrade back to silver for £150)

markdg Mar 4, 2011 1:54 am

. I don't think there are too many blue members here, so nothing to worry about! If the 6 Silver members could just restrain themselves? ;)

Oi - that's not fair - just because I've not been in the sky enough to make it to even silver this year :eek: :)

DELLAS Mar 4, 2011 2:06 am

Originally Posted by David-A (Post 15968159)
Never mind America, I've had hasstle from LH in TXL!
Oh, and LX in ZRH!

Indeed only last week did the lounge agent look at it , put her glasses on and studied for a bit then said ''Oh British Midland'' and waved me through. Glad the Star logo will be bigger. Finally we are starting to get results. ^

colmc Mar 4, 2011 2:28 am

A definite improvement!

kt74 Mar 9, 2011 4:40 pm

Gold cards won't be available for a while yet

I can confirm that the one year I wouldn't mind it taking a couple of months to get my new gold card, I have actually received a new one within days of my DC year end (within 7 days to be precise - a record, methinks)

...and it is the old, squinty, are-you-absolutely-sure-you're-in-Star-Alliance design

inasmuchas Mar 11, 2011 5:08 am

Having failed to requalify for DC Gold, I today received my membership pack containing my 'new' Silver card. Old style card with no airline branding ;)

heramato Mar 11, 2011 7:51 am

I've requalified for GOLD on feb 4th (my DC year expired on the 10th)
Im still waiting for my new card :confused:

Jetstreamer Mar 24, 2011 7:53 am

Just wondering, anyone actually got their hands on a new-look card yet?

Tino04 Mar 24, 2011 8:10 am

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer (Post 16092762)
Just wondering, anyone actually got their hands on a new-look card yet?

Mine was ordered on the 16th so it should be here at the weekend or early next week - will post back then

BA6501 Mar 24, 2011 8:17 am

A family member just received their new Silver card today - old style.