Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New Membership Pack (Ugh!)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2009, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Just got my new card and the first thing I notice is that the card only has my surname on it. The old card said Mr J Jetstreamer and the new one just says Mr Jetstreamer. Has everybody else found this?
mine still has initial - interesting enough my expiry date has changed - my year ends 29th May (didn't get first gold card till beginning July - which had 05/10 as the expires date) now have 07/10 which I guess is more of the norm
Old Nov 21, 2009, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Has everybody else found this?
Mine has first initial and surname (and title) - and unchanged expiry date.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 9:55 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Just got my new card and the first thing I notice is that the card only has my surname on it. The old card said Mr J Jetstreamer and the new one just says Mr Jetstreamer. Has everybody else found this?
The same happened to me with the old card - I just called them and asked for a new card, and it was fixed.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 10:21 am
xdh

Programs: BD*G
Any BD*S got a new card yet or is it only the *G crowd getting the new cards?

I got mine today but my wife who is BD*S did not.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 10:40 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
I'm not sure the pack is a reliable indicator of anything...
Agreed. Project would have been going on long before BD was even brought out by LH. If they had already spent the bulk of the cash before, it would not have been worth canning the project. Even if we do become M&M shortly, its of no surprise to see our programme changing even at the 11th hour.

Hey, I was running a multi-million pound project not that long ago and it still went ahead even though the client was taken over the the product subsequently junked.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
bmi announced that BD*G members whose expiry date is before Feb 2010 will receive new cards when their year rolls over. Those with expiry date after Feb 2010 will receive one shortly. Other than BD*Gs, you will receive with expiry date of membership year.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by BA6501
bmi announced that BD*G members whose expiry date is before Feb 2010 will receive new cards when their year rolls over. Those with expiry date after Feb 2010 will receive one shortly. Other than BD*Gs, you will receive with expiry date of membership year.
Maybe Feb is when everyone will get their M&M cards?
Old Nov 21, 2009, 10:51 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Agreed. Project would have been going on long before BD was even brought out by LH. If they had already spent the bulk of the cash before, it would not have been worth canning the project. Even if we do become M&M shortly, its of no surprise to see our programme changing even at the 11th hour.

Hey, I was running a multi-million pound project not that long ago and it still went ahead even though the client was taken over the the product subsequently junked.
We're not talking about the new systems project though. We are talking about the choice of card design.

The card design almost certainly will only have been finally committed to within the last 2 months I'd say.

I think it IS worthy of note that the design chosen has been separated from the airline. That introduces a lot of flexibility...

I'm not saying they have something in mind, and certainly NOT anything planned, but this does make a lot more options possible.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 11:25 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Mine arrived yesterday and I have to say I quite like the new design. The old card was, if possible, too Gold. This new one kind of reminded me of my old VS Gold Card.. however it also reminds me of my Priority Pass Card which maybe isn't such a good thing!
Old Nov 21, 2009, 11:36 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Interesting thought, and then means I wouldn't have to requalify for SEN!

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Nov 21, 2009 at 11:37 am Reason: Corrected potentially conflicting opinions! ;)
Old Nov 21, 2009, 11:44 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Will they replace a black card with another black one?
Old Nov 21, 2009, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
This is an interesting point. Why would DC spend money with new design cards and tags if they know they will not last alive?
Maybe this is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by David-A
We're not talking about the new systems project though. We are talking about the choice of card design.

The card design almost certainly will only have been finally committed to within the last 2 months I'd say.

I think it IS worthy of note that the design chosen has been separated from the airline. That introduces a lot of flexibility...

I'm not saying they have something in mind, and certainly NOT anything planned, but this does make a lot more options possible.
I suspect the black cards are only a small portion of the project. Remember the other changes which are coming not to mention that new cards are probably a drop in the ocean in terms of cost.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 1:51 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Part of the reason that the cards are being replaced is that there appears to be fake - yes, fake - bmi Gold cards circulating, believe it or not. I was told this by a dragon at one of the SEN Lounges in FRA - and again, I heard this at the JFK LH lounge.

Who knew?
Old Nov 21, 2009, 2:12 pm

Programs: MUCCI
I suspect the black cards are only a small portion of the project. Remember the other changes which are coming not to mention that new cards are probably a drop in the ocean in terms of cost.
Indeed.

However, I challenge your earlier assertion that the card design would have been a pre-lufty legacy part of a project. I doubt the card design was committed to much before its issue. At this stage in the process the card design is the cheapest thing to change.

Therefore, I think it is credible to consider that the question marks over bmi's future and diamond club might have some relation to this design choice.

While I think they have reduced the bmi branding to open downstream possibilities - in case required or desired - rather than on the basis of any plan, if you did want to start looking at things, I'd just remind everyone about the curious name choice 'Number 1 Heathrow' and various things that were noticed about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.