Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

SUM12 Promo 3 stays 6/17/12-8/19/12 = Free Night Voucher

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2012, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Plat, Hyatt Explorist, JetBlue Mosaic, Wyndham Diamond, National Executive Elite

Stay 3 separate times between 6/17/12 and 8/19/12 and earn a free night voucher - (Jun 17, 2012 - Aug 20, 2012) - Promo Code: SUM12 - Best Western RewardsŪ members (Member(s)) residing in the U.S., Canada, the Bahamas and the U.S. Virgin Islands who REGISTER for the promotion and complete three (3) separate qualified stays* between June 17, 2012 and August 19, 2012 (Promotion Period) at any Best Western branded hotel worldwide may earn a free night voucher (Promotion). Promotion Registration and Best Western Rewards enrollment/membership required prior to the first qualified stay. Limit one (1) free night voucher per member during the Promotion Period. Free night voucher may be redeemed at any Best Western branded hotel worldwide. Free night voucher expires January 31, 2013. No voucher extensions, substitutions or replacements available. *A qualified stay for the purpose of this promotion is defined as one or more consecutive nights at the same Best Western hotel at a rate eligible for earning points or airline/partner rewards through Best Western Rewards. Only one (1) check-in/check-out permitted per qualified stay. Bonus Offer: Use your Best Western Rewards MasterCardŪ to pay for each of your three (3) qualified stays and receive 1,000 Best Western Rewards bonus points. Maximum one (1) Bonus reward per Member during the Promotion Period. Other restrictions may apply. Offer not valid with any other promotion or discount. Promotion is subject to cancellation or change without notice. Free night voucher redemption subject to hotel availability. Free night voucher redemption reservation must be completed by calling 1-800-567-4009. If a valid email address has been provided in the Member?s account profile, the free night voucher may be sent electronically to the valid email address 2-3 weeks from the third completed qualified stay. Otherwise, a paper voucher will be mailed to the address on the Member?s account profile 4-6 weeks from the third completed qualified stay. Best Western is not responsible for any loss of communication via technology or any other technology issues with Member?s computer. Allow 4-6 weeks for posting of Best Western Rewards MasterCardŪ bonus points from third completed qualified stay. All Best Western Rewards program rules apply. See www.bestwesternrewards.com for additional program terms. Each Best WesternŪ branded hotel is independently owned and operated. Best Western and the Best Western marks are service marks or registered service marks of Best Western International, Inc. Đ2012 Best Western International, Inc. All rights reserved.
Old May 28, 2012, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Nice, long validity of the voucher. Sad that it allows only one voucher.
Old May 29, 2012, 8:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Plat
Link please? I can't seem to find it on their site.
Old May 30, 2012, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Time Away
Link please? I can't seem to find it on their site.
There is no link! It's in your account.

Here are the step by step instructions again:

Go to www.bestwestern.com

Click on My Account at the top

Two lines under the tabs there's a "REGISTER FOR SPECIAL OFFERS" (to the right of "MY PROFILE" and "ONLINE STATEMENT".

Click on "REGISTER FOR SPECIAL OFFERS" and you'll see not just SUM12, but all the ridiculous* variations: AAASUM12, CAASUM12, NASSUM12, RPSUM12, etc, etc, with a checkbox next to each one.

Do not sign up for the others, even if you are a member of the others! Sign up only for the main SUM12, which should be at the top.

Reason: *The other ones are missing the 1000 points bonus for using your BW MC! How ridiculous! In the past, sometimes the others would sometimes have more bonuses, but now they have less!!

To sign up for SUM12, check the checkbox next to it, then click Submit at the bottom. The next time you look at this screen, it will say you're registered for SUM12 and all the other variations will be gone.
Old May 30, 2012, 9:17 pm

Programs: PC Plat, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by sdsearch
There is no link! It's in your account.

Here are the step by step instructions again:

Go to www.bestwestern.com

Good step by step instructions, but there is actually a link:
https://goldcrownclub.bestwestern.co.../regoffers.asp

If you aren't logged in, it will ask you to login.

@sdsearch - Thanks for the warning about avoiding signing up for the others.
Old May 31, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Plat
Thanks for the step by step instructions and the Link.
Old May 31, 2012, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CreditMadeEZ
Good step by step instructions, but there is actually a link:
https://goldcrownclub.bestwestern.co.../regoffers.asp

If you aren't logged in, it will ask you to login.
Well, yes and no. All that is is a link to the same page that I gave step-by-step instructions to, but you either have to log in, or go to www.bestwestern.com and log in (the first two steps of my instructions!) and then use this link.

But unless you have the link handy, it requires you to remember the link.

Which I think is harder than remembering the two other steps in my step-by-step instructions.

(Two other steps in my instructions are offset by one step of using the link. So it seems to me you only save one step out of four by using the link, but you have to have the link.)

And once you know the step-by-step instructions, you know how to do it from any computer in the world. Not necessarily so if you only a have a link (and didn't memorize it).

But that's not why I said "yes and no" above. What I meant there is that it's not a link to a landing page for the promo, which then includes a link to the T&Cs and a link to an FAQ (recent promos from BW have always have both a T&Cs link and an FAQ link on the landing page). That kind of link is what I meant doesn't (as far as we know) exist yet.

And the reason I say it's important is because in some past promos information was revealed either in the T&Cs and/or the FAQ which wasn't in the form of the promo that was in Your Account -> REGISTER FOR SPECIAL OFFERS. (And sometimes it mattered.)

So in my case I prefer to wait until those three pages are up (the landing page, the T&Cs page, and the FAQ page) before making a final decision on which version of the promo to sign up for.

What's really to be gained by singing up early (unless you're going to be away from a computer between now and the start of the promo or your first stay after the start of the promo, whichever comes later)? I prefer to have maximum information before making a decision, and I don't feel that what we have yet is necessarily maximum information.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:19 am

Programs: PC Plat, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Well, yes and no. All that is is a link to the same page that I gave step-by-step instructions to, but you either have to log in, or go to www.bestwestern.com and log in (the first two steps of my instructions!) and then use this link.

But unless you have the link handy, it requires you to remember the link.

Which I think is harder than remembering the two other steps in my step-by-step instructions.

(Two other steps in my instructions are offset by one step of using the link. So it seems to me you only save one step out of four by using the link, but you have to have the link.)

And once you know the step-by-step instructions, you know how to do it from any computer in the world. Not necessarily so if you only a have a link (and didn't memorize it).

But that's not why I said "yes and no" above. What I meant there is that it's not a link to a landing page for the promo, which then includes a link to the T&Cs and a link to an FAQ (recent promos from BW have always have both a T&Cs link and an FAQ link on the landing page). That kind of link is what I meant doesn't (as far as we know) exist yet.

And the reason I say it's important is because in some past promos information was revealed either in the T&Cs and/or the FAQ which wasn't in the form of the promo that was in Your Account -> REGISTER FOR SPECIAL OFFERS. (And sometimes it mattered.)

So in my case I prefer to wait until those three pages are up (the landing page, the T&Cs page, and the FAQ page) before making a final decision on which version of the promo to sign up for.

What's really to be gained by singing up early (unless you're going to be away from a computer between now and the start of the promo or your first stay after the start of the promo, whichever comes later)? I prefer to have maximum information before making a decision, and I don't feel that what we have yet is necessarily maximum information.
Quite a long justification for telling someone there is no link.

Logging in to register isn't a problem for most folks and they can, usually, figure that one out when prompted for their login information.

The advantage of signing up early is that you have signed up and don't have to think about it anymore. You could add it to your calendar to sign-up later if you feel uncomfortable about not having the maximum information yet. I agree that sometimes you can do better with more information later, but doing good with the currently available information and not missing out works also.

You do make good points and provide nice information, but your snippy attitude detracts from your posts. I've seen several cases where it is due to you not saying what you meant initially. If you like the snippy reputation, then keep on doing what you're doing. Otherwise you might think about changing it.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 6:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold, BW Diamond
Here is the link to the promo sign-up page:

https://goldcrownclub.bestwestern.co...mer&ptype=base

If you prefer to earn AP miles, here is the link to the 2000 AP/stay promo:

https://goldcrownclub.bestwestern.co...ptype=aeroplan

Here is a link to the promo FAQ:

https://goldcrownclub.bestwestern.co...mmer12-faq.pdf
Old Jun 15, 2012, 5:21 pm

Thanks to all for the heads up on these promotions. It is much appreciated and I will certainly take advantage of either the Free Night offer or the bonus Aeroplan miles.

I do have to wonder at the logic of Best Western's marketing department when crafting these promotions. Capping the offer at 1 Free Night or 3 X bonus Aeroplan miles would seem to almost guarantee driving business to competing hotels for anyone who has plans for more than 3 stays during the promotional period.

Thoughts ?
Old Jun 16, 2012, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thebobmc
I do have to wonder at the logic of Best Western's marketing department when crafting these promotions. Capping the offer at 1 Free Night or 3 X bonus Aeroplan miles would seem to almost guarantee driving business to competing hotels for anyone who has plans for more than 3 stays during the promotional period.

Thoughts ?
I wonder if they think that those people who aren't "captive" to BW anyway already (because they stay so much in areas where either little else is available or little else is at an "affordable" price for them) can't be swayed by anything to stay more. It sounds like they don't have much confidence in being able to bring more traffic in if they make the promos less capped.

There's only one other hotel program I can think of that caps to this degree, and it's WyndhamRewards, which I also feel may not have much confidence in being able to bring more traffic in if they make the promos less capped.

Too bad BW never does any surveys (that I'm aware of) asking "why don't you stay more with us". I'd love to be able to explain to them that I stay with them only to the point where I cap out their pomos, and hardly ever otherwise. But I bet they don't know that, because they don't read FT and they don't send me surveys about the program (only endless surveys about the individual hotels).

And I guess that's another hint: They're still in a phase of worrying more about whether the individual hotels are up to par to worry about whether their promos are optimal.

As long as people trying out BW (and trying out BW is one big goal of promos) create threads like this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-...-so-badly.html

BW may not be able to focus on promos (or may feel that bigger promos might backfire).

IMHO BW has a problem with the way they named their three types of hotels. Let's say people try BW Plus, like it, try BW Permier, like it, but try BW (no suffix) and don't like it. They then badmouth BW, which hurts all three subbrands!

If, oever at Choice, say, someone badmouths Quality Inn, that doesn't hurt Comfort Inn. So COmfort Inn can put an effort into improving the breakfast, and that'll create a thread about that, and impressions of Comfort Inn will stay at least sort of independent of Quality Inn.

But there's no way to "name' the non-Plus non-Preimer BWs other than using the brand family name, so as long those non-Plus non-Preimuer BWs have problems, the whole program has problems which may limit promotions!

Rather than doing a promo which requires you stay at two different types of properties (among BW, BW Plus, and BW Premier), why don't they do a promo where, say, you have less of a cap at BW Plus or BW Premier but a tight cap at BW Basic? The promos don't emphasize that BW Plus and BW Preimer are their "better" tiers, even though I would think that's a message they'd want to send out?
Old Aug 3, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Good little promo, stayed 3 nights at 110 or 130$, just booked a night in Paris for Christmas which quote 390 euros
Old Aug 20, 2012, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Oh yes

PS: Where is the new promotion
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:30 am

Programs: BW Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Just FYI if you are planning on using your summer voucher, it's only valid for rooms that show availability using points.

If you search the BW website by points and don't see anything available, you will NOT be able to redeem the voucher there. Doesn't matter if the hotel is half empty and every single room is available at the normal rack rate.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 7:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by prodrive555
Just FYI if you are planning on using your summer voucher, it's only valid for rooms that show availability using points.

If you search the BW website by points and don't see anything available, you will NOT be able to redeem the voucher there. Doesn't matter if the hotel is half empty and every single room is available at the normal rack rate.
When a room is only offered at rack rate it is near sell-oout conditions, such as no AAA discount, etc.

Why don't you advise this skeptical poster just what hotel and when do yo wish to use it as I suspect that there is some major event taking place during your requested dates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.