Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Modify Rental after Promotion Period is over -> Will I still get points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2018, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Hyatt, Wyndham, National

Avis and SAS had a great promotion in January which offered 10,000 SAS points for a 3-day rental (link). Reservations had to be made until Jan 15th to qualify.
I made a few reservations and have already received my first points for them. Yay!

For an upcoming reservation, I need to get the car two days earlier than originally booked and I want to modify the booking now. The reservation number will stay the same. I have done that before.
Has anyone experience if that will affect the promotion and will count like a new booking? Is Avis system using something like a created_at timestamp for such promotions instead of a modified_at timestamp? How does it track these types of promotions to make sure reservations have qualified?

Any experience from other situation will be helpful

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.