Wiki Posts
Search

Avis South Africa audio systems?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2017, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Skywards Silver
Avis South Africa audio systems?

Has anyone rented a new C class Mercedes from Cape Town airport recently and can tell me what type of audio system comes with car?

I assume a radio, but would like to know if it's CD still, or Bluetooth or iPod, iPhone, iPad compatible.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:31 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Sounds like you'd have better luck looking for a needle in a haystack than finding someone who rented a specific vehicle from one location in South Africa that's on FT.

You might be best to look at the specs for the car online. Look at a few trims and see what you might get. If I had to guess from the plethora of MB cars I've driven here: slim chance of a CD player, very likely that you'll have BT, potentially an auxiliary jack for other inputs.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Or even better, call the location and ask....
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:02 am

Every car I’ve rented in last year, in any country, had Bluetooth and USB socket. They’re now ubiquitous.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jimthewhiz
Has anyone rented a new C class Mercedes from Cape Town airport recently and can tell me what type of audio system comes with car?

I assume a radio, but would like to know if it's CD still, or Bluetooth or iPod, iPhone, iPad compatible.
Those aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. It can be CD and whatever wireless protocol(s).

CD vs cassette (back when that might have been the question decades ago) were often mutually exclusive because of dashboard spare reasons. But there's zero dashboard space needed for connecting Bluetooth, and even for USB there's very little dashboard space needed.

Meanwhile, you're assume any C class Mercedes you'll get in South Africa will be new. There's likely to actually be a mix of models years in the fleet.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Well 'new' turned out be a car first registered 3 weeks ago and with 136km on the clock. The C180 comes with a command system with aux media and 2 USB sockets, so works with an iPod, iPad etc. A bit tricky to work out how to use as the digital media guide was missing.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kb9522
Or even better, call the location and ask....
The location didn't know and even worse when I collected the car, the rental agent hadn't a clue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.