Wiki Posts
Search

Chairman's Club - Free GPS?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:44 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Chairman's Club - Free GPS?

For the first time in a while, I looked at my Avis profile since I'm trying to burn some points. Benefits listed are:
Originally Posted by Avis.com
  • Skip the line at pickup
  • Express checkout on return
  • Complimentary GPS
  • Free car upgrade when available
So a few questions:
1. Has anyone tried for the free GPS? The new devices I've seen at the counters look much better than the old ones.
2. Has the upgrade diminished? It used to say "free upgrade to the best available car"
3. Anyone know when this changed?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 3:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
I just logged on and was about to post a new thread, but decided to search first. I have the exact same thing on the website, but the mobile app has the old benefits (not showing GPS). There is more detail on app, sadly.

I am thinking that the Chairman upgrades are still going to be to the "best available". If not, I'll jump ship over to Hertz with my Platinum status there.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I, too, just noticed this (a bit behind the curve obviously), but the lack of responses here makes me wonder too if anyone has actually tried to get/use a GPS. I usually just use my phone these days, but if it's included....

As far as the upgrades, they seem pretty consistent over the past several months so I'm thinking they didn't really change that benefit.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
I've never tried, but that is because I always end up in a car that is equipped with Nav from the manufacturer.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:05 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Thought I'd give this a try today when I got to LAX. I got in the SUV and hated the nav interface, so I walked to the counter and asked if they "could add a GPS to the rental." The agent was perplexed because the car "should have one." I explained I just prefer the Garmin and he gave me one on the house. Since he never put it in the system, I won't be able to test if it would have shown up on the receipt or not. I'll try again another day when I'm bored and report back.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Thought I'd give this a try today when I got to LAX. I got in the SUV and hated the nav interface, so I walked to the counter and asked if they "could add a GPS to the rental." The agent was perplexed because the car "should have one." I explained I just prefer the Garmin and he gave me one on the house. Since he never put it in the system, I won't be able to test if it would have shown up on the receipt or not. I'll try again another day when I'm bored and report back.
I will try the same thing next week at SFO just for grins....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.