Wiki Posts
Search

LAX - How can I book a Cadillac CTS?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2012, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

LAX - How can I book a Cadillac CTS?

Hi,

Been hovering both here and the Hertz forum for rental tips. Will be landing at LAX and would like to book specifically a Cadillac CTS - if possible a 2 door coupe. However, on the Avis booking site they are only offering a Lincoln Towncar in the Luxury group and this is not the car I want. On Expedia they list a CTS in the Luxury group for Avis so should I book with Expedia instead and will this guarantee me a CTS?

Also, the Expedia car insurance offer is very tempting is this a good option?

Thank you in advance!

Pook
Old May 26, 2012, 6:18 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Unfortunately, Avis doesn't guarantee the car you reserve unless it's a "cool car". Avis also won't give you a better shot at a car depending on the EXAMPLE that's listed for that car class. In reality, the CTS used to be the Avis example for Luxury and Expedia just hasn't modified their page yet. And Avis is dropping the Cadillacs from the fleet very quickly and replacing them with other Lux cars so your shot at a CTS is very slim, IMO. After you book the reservation, you can call the station a few days out and ask that your reservation be noted that you want a CTS but that's a far cry from actually getting one.

As for the insurance, that really depends base upon your personal needs. Some credit cards or your personal insurance policy will cover what you need and then the Avis options aren't necessary. If you don't have other insurance, then it's highly recommended so you don't damage the car (and/or injure another car/driver and yourself) and get stuck with a HUGE bill. Just beware that there are multiple kinds of coverage and you get what you want/need.
Old May 27, 2012, 10:35 am

Can't say that I remember seeing a single Cadillac at LAX last week, that's out of hundreds of cars. Quite a few newer Lincolns (not towncars, only saw one), plus lots of BMWs, Mustangs etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.