FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak-420/)
-   -   Ultimate Gas Station list for AVIS returns (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak/642843-ultimate-gas-station-list-avis-returns.html)

BamaVol Jan 22, 2007 9:14 pm

MHT: 2 Citgo's and a Mobil between the I-293 ramp and the airport (opposite side of the road). The airport is 1.5 miles north of the ramp. Avis is on-site.

photog72 Jan 28, 2007 9:24 am

IAH: At the intersection of JFK Blvd. and Greens Rd. there are 2 gas stations. One heading toward the airport and rental car return (northbound), the other heading away (southbound). When heading northbound to return the rental car, save yourself anywhere up to 20 cents per gallon. Head to the left hand turn lane on on JFK Blvd. at Greens Rd. and make a U-turn right into the southbound gas station. When leaving the station, head out on Greens Rd. eastbound and go straight into the left hand turn lane onto JFK Blvd. to continue your trip to rental car return.

I believe both gas stations are Shell Oil.

Please file this as: Very Close to Avis

heffa Jan 29, 2007 11:22 am

Added BWI, CLE, IAD, MHT, PHL, and SMF

(I put CLE in the 'Out of the way' category based on my own experiences. Correct?)

CaptainMiles Nov 18, 2007 4:36 am

LIS - Coming from the city center or the south, there is a Total station right at the roundabout before you climb up to the airport. Coming from the North on the A-1 exit for the Aeroporto Chegadas (arrivals), and there is a BP station right by the arrivals area; you will then need to keep going up to the departures area where the entrance to the rental car center is.

ATL - I-85 Virginia Ave exit. Two gas stations right at the top of the ramp, super easy out and back on to I-85.

BTR - Texaco station on Veterans Memorial Blvd leading to the airport, cant miss it. Take I-110 exit 6, follow signs for airport, you'll pass it.

Now can someone give me a good one for JFK?

heffa Nov 19, 2007 11:01 pm

CaptainMiles, added your entries. Thanks!

Regarding JFK. Haven't found any convenient close by gas stations. There is a sign to gas station when driving towards AVIS (on JFK), but I still haven't found that one. I always fill up my car a couple of miles before.

seoulmanjr Nov 20, 2007 12:59 pm

Does anyone have some clue where a gas station is near HPN? It was a nightmare trying to find one there last month and I ended up caving and letting Avis top the tank off for a lot of $/gallon.

Thanks!

peace,
~Ben~

bonoman Nov 21, 2007 1:25 pm

CVG - From 275, exit to the north on Mineola Pike (1 exit east of the Airport exit) turn right, gas station visible from first stop sign on the NW corner of the intersection. I'd put this under "Close"

sbm12 Nov 21, 2007 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by BamaVol (Post 6980617)
Still a bargain compared to returning with an empty tank.

Just use the State of Florida Employee rate (A113400) and the fuel refill is at market prices in almost every market I've been in. I haven't topped off a tank in months :cool:

Also, for SNN there is a station a few exits out on the way in from Limerick, but nothing close in that I remember. I ended up just dropping the car and paying the Avis rate as we were dealing with some passport issues and didn't have time to stop, but I'm pretty sure that was the only one en route.

heffa Nov 23, 2007 11:01 pm

Added CVG...

BobbySteel Nov 24, 2007 1:47 am

Abq?

Anyone have any good ideas for ABQ? This one still bothers me - drove around for a good 30 minutes trying to find one and went waaay out of the way...

ALW Nov 12, 2008 8:49 am

For EWR, two options:

To get to a real gas station from the Turnpike, take the exit for 1&9 S then make a U-turn (typical NJ jughandle type thing). There are 3 stations between Turnpike and EWR this way: Delta, Shell, Hess. Delta typically has the cheapest cash price and the highest credit price.

Easier way, just buy gas at Grover Cleveland service centre (between exits 11 and 12, northbound). No idea how the price compares but I assume it's more expensive. Much much more convenient though.

=aw

djk7 Nov 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Not sure if Heffa is still interested in maintaining this, but in the hope that he is, here is my input for MCO. There are 7-11s with gas within two miles of MCO from the East, West, and North. (East) SR 528 & Narcoosee Road (County 15), (West) SR 528 & Tradeport Drive, (North) SR 436 & Hofner. Avoid at all costs the Suncoast Energy station on SR 436 with no prices posted (google Suncoast Energy Orlando or search here on FT).

My wishlist, best option at ORD.

heffa Nov 12, 2008 12:38 pm

I'll update the thread with EWR and MCO later tonight...

Any additional updates are very welcome!!! :D

ADMNY Nov 13, 2008 10:41 am

Originally Posted by seoulmanjr (Post 8763258)
Does anyone have some clue where a gas station is near HPN? It was a nightmare trying to find one there last month and I ended up caving and letting Avis top the tank off for a lot of $/gallon.

Thanks!

peace,
~Ben~

Which direction are you coming from?

SecondGunman Nov 13, 2008 11:47 am

SNA: There's a Chevron right across MacArthur from the airport. 18692 MacArthur

SAN: I don't like the Shell right off the I-5. It's hard to get into and out of, plus it's always crawling with homeless people. There's a 76 station at the corner of Rosecrans and Harbor blvd. Take the Rosecrans exit off I-5, head down to Harbor, fill up, and take Harbor to the airport. This has the added bonus of having a few restaurants along Rosecrans if you want to grab a bit before heading to the airport (the commuter terminal has lousy food). 1704 Rosecrans

SEA: For those who haven't been there, Seattle is easy. There are several stations along International Blvd.