FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak-420/)
-   -   Ultimate Gas Station list for AVIS returns (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak/642843-ultimate-gas-station-list-avis-returns.html)

heffa Jan 9, 2007 12:30 pm

Did a major update of the table by splitting it into three sections; near AVIS, close by and none. Also added lots of gas stations!

Keep 'em coming!!!

ezmonee Jan 9, 2007 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by heffa (Post 6982248)
Did a major update of the table by splitting it into three sections; near AVIS, close by and none. Also added lots of gas stations!

Keep 'em coming!!!

avis honolulu airport- 25 feet from the avis car return location. (limited hours)

gnaget Jan 10, 2007 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by heffa (Post 6982248)

Keep 'em coming!!!

You missed IND from my long list. Can't miss BP as you make right turn down to Avis.

CPH: gas station is to the East (not west). However, it's so damn easy that I would put it in category 1.

heffa Jan 10, 2007 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by gnaget (Post 6993783)
You missed IND from my long list. Can't miss BP as you make right turn down to Avis.

CPH: gas station is to the East (not west). However, it's so damn easy that I would put it in category 1.

Moved CPH and added missing IND...

TPE/PDX/SFO Jan 11, 2007 1:50 am

SFO (Rental Car Center so it will work w/ pretty much all the companies)

US101 (Broadway Burlingame Exit, two exits of the airport)

L&C Gas (x from the Chevron)

Chevron

Chevron + carwash place

US101 Millbrae Ave. Exit (one exit south of the airport)

Mini-mart/gas station complex (The name escapes me now but you can see it if you take the Millbrae Ave. WEST exit)

76 on the crn of Millbrae and El Camino

Hope these helps!

Ex Amex Card Jan 11, 2007 4:12 am

Do you want European ones as well?

DUB and LGW both have stations on the way out of the airport. Drive straight through the airport "drop off" zone without stopping and you will see the station on the way out of the airport complex.

Failing that, just press the "Find Nearest Gas Station" button on your sat nav. ;)

CaveatEmpty Jan 11, 2007 7:44 am

MCO RaceTrak - north side of Sand Lake Rd (Rt.482), maybe 3mi west of the arpt.

MBS - village of Freeland, several reasonable choices. Also, Speedway @ Midland Rd & Tittabawassee ^

BamaVol Jan 11, 2007 8:04 am

BTW, thanks to the OP for organizing this. I will be printing out a copy periodically to keep in my carry-on.

badjuju Jan 15, 2007 2:24 pm

MSP - Speeway gas station on Post Road - exit before/after the airport.

heffa Jan 16, 2007 6:49 pm

Added: DUB, LGA, MBS, MCO, MSP, and SFO

Mr/Ms. TPE/PDX/SFO, please check if I got SFO right

sorro Jan 17, 2007 8:27 am

A poster mentioned that SLC doesn't have one by the Avis. The closest station that I know of is Sapp Bros (Sinclair). It's out of the way in some respects, but it's still pretty close. The station is just off of Exit 21 (California Avenue) on I-215. You can't miss the giant coffee pot sign. It's the last exit before the I-80/SLC Airport interchange if you're heading NB on 215 or first exit after the I-80/215 interchangeif you're heading SB or coming from I-80.

gforce Jan 20, 2007 9:12 pm

ATL:
Southbound on I85: There is a gas station one exit prior to the airport exit. However, the rates are generally amongst the highest in Atlanta. It's better to fill the tank somewhere in the downtown area.
EWR:
I'm not too sure if there are any gas stations within a 1 mile radius. Newark/Jersey City residents might have better information on this one.

heffa Jan 22, 2007 4:45 pm

Added ATL, DFW (my current location), EWR and SLC...

Lisa6of6 Jan 22, 2007 7:54 pm

CLE - On the way back to the rental car facility, there's a Speedway by the Ford plant on Brookpark road:

480 W: Take the 150th street exit, at the end of the ramp make a right. Then make another right on Brookpark road. Follow Brookpark and the Speedway will be on the Right just past Henry Ford (Engle) Road. (From this direction Engle road is actually named Henry Ford - go figure.)

480 E: Take the Grayton Road exit, follow the signs to the Rental Car facility but instead of turning on Rocky River road, stay on Brookpark and the Speedway will be on your left.

A different Speedway from the 71 N direction: Take the Bagley road exit, at the end of the ramp turn Left and move the right lane. Just under the 71 overpass, the Speedway will be on the Right. For shortcut to go back to the airport, follow the road to go behind the Speedway (shares a parking lot with Olive Garden) and circle around to the left. This will bring you past an Arbys where you can turn Right on Engle. Engle deadends with Brookpark road (by the Speedway mentioned above). Turn Left on Brookpark to continue to the Rental car facility.

cell7481 Jan 22, 2007 8:45 pm

BWI - left off exit going away from the consolidated rental facility. Cross railroad tracks and it is on the right in front of cargo city. (close to)

SMF - (immediately close) airport exit - on right before rental car turn off.

PHL - out of the way - 1 exit south of airport - follow signs to comfort inn and other hotels hotels (you cross 95 if coming from Philly). at the first light, turn right (going south) and a sunoco is on the right before the comfort inn.